• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Striker

Brock will always be Brock, he doesn't need this win.

Undertaker however needs the win to get his momentum back.
So what was the point of the Streak being broken? You thought once they did that, they would be building up Brock to a point he's beaten everybody. He's taken down everybody in his path (save for those two terrible losses to Triple H and Cena). Now he's taken away the sole significance the Undertaker appears anymore, especially at Mania. It's gone. The spectacle was taken that moment and placed to Brock. Now that is suddenly okay to take away too? They can build guys by feuding with Brock and later beating him, conquering the path he's built up.

The whole thing is just to crack ratings. Pop up that Network number. Undertaking winning, also, means far less now. Remember, since 2005, he's only appeared at SummerSlam twice (1-1, facing Edge and Randy Orton). He's been a Mania only guy and that was over when that key moment ended.

Vylash

Brock will always be Brock, he doesn't need this win.

Undertaker however needs the win to get his momentum back.

why? brock is the bigger attraction, brock is the one who needs the momentum, taker getting his win back serves no purpose and undervalues brock ending the streak

Cagey

Banned
What's everyone legitimately, not ironically, excited about on the Summerslam card?

Other than Lesnar/Taker, out of curiosity, I'm struggling.

Any excitement I'd have for some of the matches has been dampened by a combination of feeling like there's no true stakes and having seen it too much in the weeks preceding (Reigns/Ambrose v. Wyatt/Harper, for example).

I never said you should watch it. The thread though is basically all of Gay-GAF and maybe two or three straight guys. It's basically just pictures of naked muscled dudes.

Sounds like WrassleGAF minus the pictures of clothed fat dudes and the occasional woman.

Vylash

What's everyone legitimately, not ironically, excited about on the Summerslam card?

Any excitement I'd have for some of the matches has been dampened by a combination of feeling like there's no true stakes and having seen it too much in the weeks preceding (Reigns/Ambrose v. Wyatt/Harper, for example).

interested in amell/neville vs barrett and stardust for some reason, divas match will probably be good if they have enough time, everything else can die

Sounds like WrassleGAF minus the pictures of clothed fat dudes and the occasional woman.

Cena tying Flair

Anth0ny

I'm hoping Taker is healthy and his match with Lesnar is actually legit. I also have no idea who's going over so that's always good.

Cena vs. Rollins should be a good match, but I'm expecting Cenawinslol which kinda sucks.

Is Cesaro vs. Owens confirmed? if that happens it'll be the best match of the night... but I can't care about the finish because typical 50:50 booking tells me Owens will win clean at Summer Slam only for Cesaro to win clean on Raw the next night in a rematch. This should be a number 1 contender's match for the title since that's been the storyline between these two guys on raw.

As a fan of Arrow, I'm looking forward to seeing Amell do his thing but I'm obviously not expecting any kind of real match out of that.

overall it's a pretty weak card.

Heroman

Banned
why? brock is the bigger attraction, brock is the one who needs the momentum, taker getting his win back serves no purpose and undervalues brock ending the streak
Taker is bigger attraction right now, I got friends who barely watch wrestling talking about this macth. And the Brock beating the streak had already been undervalued.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny this is the kind of segueway legitshook plug you wish you could do

But that's so scummy! I like the dude but plugging his links like that is so EURGHHHHH.

Then again, maybe I need to get

MORE CARNY.

Sephzilla

Fuck Riker. Him getting chewed out at the end of Chain of Command was so satisfying. Captain Kirk minus the interesting parts, that one.

You mean when he gets chewed out by Captain Jellico, basically the Captain Janeway beta test character? Riker not taking any of his shit and straight up calling Jellico a bad captain was the real moment of that episode.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jellico?

Jellico?

LOL

coulda saved some face being called Jaleco.

JavyOO7

Usos aren't too bad but they do have a formula that they rely on pretty heavily.

It will suck when they win the tag titles back on their first night, however... /status quo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I just finished Tana Vs. AJ, and I got to say that felt like the fucking final. MOTY candidate, and we still have two more matches that potentially top it.

Sounds wonderful, and expected. Whoosh

I always feel so uncomfortable when WrassleGAF starts talking about tits and masturbating to them. It's like this isn't a safe space at all.

he-s-gonna-puke-o.gif

Replace puke with pop, I guess.

I been watchin some TNG and why isn't Riker captain? He's crushing shit every chance he gets. He's far better than Picard at everything except cooing at babies.

Because the craziest shit happens to the Federation flagship, and who wants to captain a ship that only has to deal with tedious Federation bullshit?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fix it yourself, I'm not responsible for what the fucking editor of the NRC fucking publishes and I'd appreciate it if you didn't hold me accountable either.

I'll remember this, why are you so mad? You keep telling us to fix ours.

I'm not sure I understand WWE's marketing team, they understandably want me to resub for Summerslam and their plan to convince me is an e-mail containing a "special message" from the Big Show? That's like a top deterrent right there and to top it off he threatens to punch me in the face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure I understand WWE's marketing team, they understandably want me to resub for Summerslam and their plan to convince me is an e-mail containing a "special message" from the Big Show? That's like a top deterrent right there and to top it off he threatens to punch me in the face.

What was his message, though?

Maybe we get some more new year's baby big show exclusive videos

Aiii

So not worth it
I'll remember this, why are you so mad? You keep telling us to fix ours.

My apologies, I overreacted.

It just pisses me off what passes for journalism in our country and how apparently nobody thinks things through anymore, nothing to do with you.
Plus, I've been having a lot of fights in the office about stupid shit all week and I'm a bit on edge.

Again, my apologies.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My apologies, I overreacted.

It just pisses me off what passes for journalism in our country and how apparently nobody thinks things through anymore, nothing to do with you.
Plus, I've been having a lot of fights in the office about stupid shit all week and I'm a bit on edge.

Again, my apologies.

Hey, it's ok. No need to apologize, let's get in a fight and we'll both feel better! The week's over! Fuck the office!

What was his message, though?
He explained that he was indeed the Big Show, he summarised his height and weight just in case I was unaware and then played off on his ringname by saying how Summerslam was going to be a "Big Show" (which if I recall in Cody Rhodes terms from a few years ago was not a good thing).

Maybe we get some more new year's baby big show exclusive videos
It's Summer so perhaps we'll get Beach Show videos instead, possibly with Hawaii Kane.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He explained that he was indeed the Big Show, he summarised his height and weight just in case I was unaware and then played off on his ringname by saying how Summerslam was going to be a "Big Show" (which if I recall in Cody Rhodes terms from a few years ago was not a good thing).

It's Summer so perhaps we'll get Beach Show videos instead, possibly with Hawaii Kane.

Well, I bet it WILL be a big show. He ain't lyin!

About to head off and see Trainwreck, dat crossover appeal Cena.

I enjoyed all of it except the ending. Cena was delightful and not in it enough.

Top Bottom