• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

As far as WWE is concerned, the problem is that their heels are always more compelling characters than their faces - of course, after a few months of WWE Creative's special touch, even the most fan favoured heel can be worth exactly jack shit. Feeling like I'm done with WWE for a while, at least until the Rumble.

Don't_forget_you're_here_forever.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know what you guys are talking about. It is incredibly easy to stop watching Raw. I stopped watching it and when I came back, the Authority was 'back together again' Rusev was fighting John Cena and Sheamus was fighting Orton.

Nothing had changed while I was gone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, from a "sucks the guy lost his dream job" standpoint I'd care, but from a "holy shit, I'm going to get to see PAC on the indies & back in Japan!" I'd be pretty happy.

There's still a lot of matches in WWE with him I'd like to see that I won't get if that happens. Just for kicks.

jmdajr

I don't know what you guys are talking about. It is incredibly easy to stop watching Raw. I stopped watching it and when I came back, the Authority was 'back together again' Rusev was fighting John Cena and Sheamus was fighting Orton.

Nothing had changed while I was gone.

Catching up is easy. So no biggie.

But when I had cable it was nice to watch after a tiring Monday. By the end of the day I didn't really have the energy to do anything fun that required extensive bodily use. So RAW was perfect to vege out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't imagine that's real. Looks absolutely insane in jiff form.

klonere

Banned
No one here will care if Neville is released right?

When you do the job to Ziggler on your way in, there is no hope for you.

Poor Neville, he was the glue that kept NXT fantastic for so long. His 2nd match vs Sami for the title was amazing. Such simple storytelling, Neville as a competitive heel who just had that killer instinct over Sami who could never put it all together to win.....The whole thing was very grounded and relatable, very sports like.

Now he's Mr. Three Spots in a jobber feud where he isn't even the focus.

Raw64life

After seeing her true form on Tough Talk, I have absolutely zero interest in anything she has to say. That being said, I'm sure Steve won't let her be a chavvy piece of shit.

The way Paige acts on TE has Vince and Kevin Dunn written all over it. "Simon Cowell is an angry British reality show judge and people love him. Let's make Paige do the same thing!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what sounds like a shitty idea for a video game? One focused on exploring but using procedural generated world. That sounds like a shitty idea for a video game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what sounds like a shitty idea for a video game? One focused on exploring but using procedural generated world. That sounds like a shitty idea for a video game.

Not a good mix. "Explore randomness" just doesn't do much for me because you can potentially see nothin'.

I did try out Cradle last night and my god, visually that's incredible. INCREDIBLE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, don't look at me. I like Sandow. But he ain't shit.

Also you BritWres fuckers, stick around in WWE, they'll be signed over there I am sure.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not a good mix. "Explore randomness" just doesn't do much for me because you can potentially see nothin'.

I did try out Cradle last night and my god, visually that's incredible. INCREDIBLE.

Exploring is probably my favorite thing in games just because of my upbringing and never getting to really see the world outside of moving as much as I would have liked to since we didn't have the money. I love exploring a Rockstar world because I love seeing how they interpret it. Ubisoft to a slightly lesser degree. I love exploring Jazzpunk or STALKER because it's a unique vision, and you can tell multiple people worked on certain areas and those areas become second nature to you because their place amongst other landmarks in the world is unique. You'll always remember the tunnel with the fallen tree by it because you hid your extra ammo there.

I don't buy a game based on exploration to explore what a computer dictates. Especially when the AI isn't dictating quality. It's just pure RNG. No landmarks, no minor little easter eggs, no nothing. No reason to explore other than the chance that maybe they put a rock by a tree by a monster by pure chance and that that is somehow visually appealing. It's a future I never want for video games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Exploring is probably my favorite thing in games just because of my upbringing and never getting to really see the world outside of moving as much as I would have liked to since we didn't have the money. I love exploring a Rockstar world because I love seeing how they interpret it. Ubisoft to a slightly lesser degree. I love exploring Jazzpunk or STALKER because it's a unique vision, and you can tell multiple people worked on certain areas and those areas become second nature to you because their place amongst other landmarks in the world is unique. You'll always remember the tunnel with the fallen tree by it because you hid your extra ammo there.

I don't buy a game based on exploration to explore what a computer dictates. Especially when the AI isn't dictating quality. It's just pure RNG. No landmarks, no minor little easter eggs, no nothing. No reason to explore other than the chance that maybe they put a rock by a tree by a monster by pure chance and that that is somehow visually appealing. It's a future I never want for video games.

Procedural generation is dope when it comes to loot, or games that give you very clear mechanics you can master - ala Spelunky, and it challenges you. Could you imagine if Dear Esther was procedurally generated? It's not that it just isn't fun that way, (not that Dear Esther is fun but I digress) but they can't lovingly place certain things in the world to tell a story. It says you don't have one. It's a huge mistake.

You at least get a little more out of Minecraft as it's something you can play with. But not a walking sim.

My favorite part of MMOs are typically seeing everything I can see. Once I can't see anything more, I'm super done with it.

I remember being Pro-Ziggler and Pro-Sandow. WWE just killed any momentum and hope of me caring for either, honestly. I get that you gotta prove yourself, but Dubs should capitalize on someone's popularity at it's height. Not leave them in under - mid-card hell for years.

Oersted

The women need a tagteam title. I get it, Bellas run is there to destroy AJ record, and meaningless tagmatches are the preferred way to waste time... but would it be that hard to give these matches a little artificial meaning?

Sephzilla

I remember being Pro-Ziggler and Pro-Sandow. WWE just killed any momentum and hope of me caring for either, honestly. I get that you gotta prove yourself, but Dubs should capitalize on someone's popularity at it's height. Not leave them in under - mid-card hell for years.

The funny thing is that while WWE keeps killing momentum for certain superstars, Vince probably wonders why he can't get more Network subs.

klonere

Banned
The women need a tagteam title. I get it, Bellas run is there to destroy AJ record, and meaningless tagmatches are the preferred way to waste time... but would it be that hard to give these matches a little artificial meaning?

yes, yes it is.

#DivasRevolution

More stuff about 6:42

Ray Fitzpatrick (WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler) is a tough as nails narcotics cop working the beat in Los Angeles. After a drug bust goes wrong, Ray is forced to shoot his own partner, leading to his suspension from the police force. Before you know it, Ray is dragged right back into the thick of it when a mysterious package arrives at the station addressed to him.

The package leads Ray and his colleagues to an encrypted website where an unidentified kidnapper broadcasts a threat to Ray and the entire police force. The kidnapper, it turns out, is holding a young boy hostage and unless the police department can come up with a $2 million ransom, he’ll set off a time-bomb strapped to the child’s chest.

The department, led by Lt. Cronin (WWE Superstar Kane) comes up with the payoff and Ray is tasked as the bagman. When the handover goes down, Ray is forced to shoot and kill the kidnapper before he can set off the bomb and kill the child.

With 6 hours and 42 minutes left before the timed explosive detonates, Ray and Internal Affairs agent Julia Baker (Katharine Isabelle from "See No Evil 2") race against time to find the now deceased kidnapper’s hidden lair and save the child before it’s too late.

Heel

Hopefully they've taken this time to realize that Dolph and Lana was a mistake, and that Rusev and Lana should be reunited at SummerSlam.

jmdajr

The movie Dolph (and Kane) are currently filming

Speaking of, he should be back in a week or two for the Rusev build

Trying to think why everything is Cop/Solider..or prisoner trying to get his life turned around.

Guess cause it's the cheapest form of an action movie? Little dialogue?

miserable

lol at that Vega SF V reveal, same slow shitty moves like in IV, bottom tier confirmed
and people get upset when somebody says that SF V looks like IV, i mean you can see it's based on the IV engine, struggle Crapcom can't even build a new one for his flagship fighting game

SFV does look kinda pretty....

well, no. Ryu and Chun Li look good and everyone else looks like butt soda so far

This is the guy you're backing, huh Heel?

shitty vidya journalists (Angry Joe, other nerd, etc etc) are all shitty wannabe morning zoo shock jocks and Jim Sterling is the wannabe howard stern.

It's been a few years now, he really should be working on building out a Wack Pack, I bet Inafune-san would do it for a 10 spot.

Top Bottom