• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Cena was delightful and not in it enough.
Well that makes a change!
tony-atlas-laughing-o.gif

Raw64life

Roman Reigns on his friendship with Daniel Bryan

"Bryan is the best. “If anybody says any different, they’re an idiot. You can learn anything from him. I got to work a lot with him with the Shield–that was like the band with those six man matches [against Bryan, Kane, and Ryback], we were doing those every night. So I had plenty of chemistry and experience with Bryan. He is such a journeyman with so much experience, and that’s a key ingredient to what we do–just logging in those man-hours. Bryan is a journeyman, and he’s one of the few that we have, with Seth and Dean also in that category."

I don't think he understands what journeyman means.

"If I give Bryan props the Internet HAS to like me!"

Yanno, JredBL. I used to doubt Bryan ! But with that tenacity, he won over nayasyers like myself! The Big Dog, Roman Reigns is someone who knows talent and calls it like he sees it! He grew up surrounded by WWE Superstars!

jred2k

Yanno, JredBL. I used to doubt Bryan ! But with that tenacity, he won over nayasyers like myself! The Big Dog, Roman Reigns is someone who knows talent and calls it like he sees it! He grew up surrounded by WWE Superstars!

He is the most athletic member of a HALL OF FAME FAMILY and could be bigger than THE ROCK! WHAT IS HE DOING GIVING PROPS TO SOME GOAT FACED TROLL?!

Raw64life

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I just finished Tana Vs. AJ, and I got to say that felt like the fucking final. MOTY candidate, and we still have two more matches that have the potential to top it.

It was pretty awesome. As bad as I want to see Styles vs. Nakamura I have to imagine the finals is going to be Tanahashi vs. Nakamura. It would be complete overkill to have Tanahashi vs. Okada main event WK9, G1 Climax and WK10. Their matches have been great but enough is enough already.

Well, my thread got zero pop from Off Topic, but:

Miami Herald said:
Inspired by its annual “Celebs Gone Good” list, honoring the most charitable celebrities of the year, DoSomething.org announces the winners of its inaugural “Athletes Gone Good” list.

Cristiano Ronaldo topped the list for going above and beyond on the field and in his charity work. The Portuguese soccer star raised money for various causes including donating more than $83,000 to a 10-year-old fan in need of brain surgery and giving more than $165,000 to fund a cancer center in Portugal that treated his mother. Ronaldo has also used his fame as a global spokesperson for a variety of causes including childhood hunger, obesity and biodiversity.

WWE Superstar John Cena took home second place on the list for granting nearly 500 wishes with Make-A-Wish. Cena is the most requested celebrity Wish granter and holds the record for the most Wishes granted through the organization. He has also supported other organizations including Susan G. Komen to raise funds and awareness for breast cancer. Through Cena’s leadership and dedication, WWE has raised more than $1.5 million since partnering with Susan G. Komen in 2012.

The 2015 “Top 20 Athletes Gone Good” list:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo

2. John Cena

3. Serena Williams

4. Yuna Kim

5. Neymar Jr.

6. LeBron James

7. Heather O’Reilly

8. Maria Sharapova

9. Mo’ne Davis

10. Richard Sherman

11. Meryl Davis & Charlie White

12. Dan Carter

13. Roman Reigns

14. Ronda Rousey

15. Lindsey Vonn

16. Tom Daley

17. Bethany Hamilton

18. Saina Nehwal

19. Paul Rabil

20. Shahid Afridi

Gonzalez

Banned
Well, my thread got zero pop from Off Topic, but:

The 2015 “Top 20 Athletes Gone Good” list:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo

2. John Cena

3. Serena Williams

4. Yuna Kim

5. Neymar Jr.

6. LeBron James

7. Heather O’Reilly

8. Maria Sharapova

9. Mo’ne Davis

10. Richard Sherman

11. Meryl Davis & Charlie White

12. Dan Carter

13. Roman Reigns

14. Ronda Rousey

15. Lindsey Vonn

16. Tom Daley

17. Bethany Hamilton

18. Saina Nehwal

19. Paul Rabil

20. Shahid Afridi

Seriously fuck my local paper.

Cagey, you really went in in that old thread about the guy co-signing for the loan.

I got what you were coming from, but given the sister seemed adamant about not getting a job because it "interfered with her studies" or whatever, and the unreliability of the parents, I could understand why the guy would not feel compelled to put himself in that risky position. I could understand them asking, but the family were being entitled dicks in expecting him to do it and then giving him the cold shoulder when he wouldn't.

Barrage

Just watched the G1. Brrrrrrrr Tanadough.

Incredible match, but the wrong person won.

For all the bitching about WWE booking it felt fresher this summer than the G1 did.

Shibata got fucked, Ibushi got fucked, Naito got fucked even thogh they're all over like gangbusters. Instead it's gonna be a retread Climax leading into (most likely) a retread WK.

Only thing they got right was Honma and the Bullet Club teasing.

Cagey

Banned
Cagey, you really went in in that old thread about the guy co-signing for the loan.

I got what you were coming from, but given the sister seemed adamant about not getting a job because it "interfered with her studies" or whatever, and the unreliability of the parents, I could understand why the guy would not feel compelled to put himself in that risky position. I could understand them asking, but the family were being entitled dicks in expecting him to do it and then giving him the cold shoulder when he wouldn't.

Here's the thing for me: the parents, the family's, maybe even the sister's selfishness is an irrelevant distraction for most of the people reading that thread who'd rather render moral judgment online and make snarky comments than help people out in the real world and invent excuses ("it's the parents job, not yours!").

That thread also taught me a lot about the age and wealth demographics of this board. It's lower on both fronts than I had suspected.

For all the bitching about WWE booking it felt fresher this summer than the G1 did.

Shibata got fucked, Ibushi got fucked, Naito got fucked even thogh they're all over like gangbusters. Instead it's gonna be a retread Climax leading into (most likely) a retread WK.

Only thing they got right was Honma and the Bullet Club teasing.

Please don't say that. I can't do RKOkada vs Cenahashi again. Should have been AJ or Naito.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Apollo Crews is going to do wonderfully.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE is building him up in NXT right.

What's interesting is I heard through the grapevine (insider info, which is weird for me to say this) NXT has put the brakes on it being a jumping off point to WWE main roster after everyone being called up has had baggage attached with their NXT storylines.

As much as they want it to be forgettable developmental "try these things" storylines, they're coming into WWE on Raw, etc - with this added extra baggage and they have to address it and how they want to use NXT now.

It's a tough spot, for sure. Either NXT ups the quality of their storylines, which as a developmental area that can be trouble, less room to experiment. Or they make NXT less important, which they're finally starting to see how they can make good money with it and won't want that.

We're seriously headed for a legit, a legit brand split. I'm fine with that.

Zach

She looks like she'd drive a school bus or serve lunch, but she's cute in a "I'll settle for her since I couldn't get a girl like Sasha" kinda way.

Also, her gimmick is pretty dumb, but fun, so I think she'll be fine on the main roster, especially when she'll be a comedy character hugging male heels at awkward moments during backstage segments.

I feel like her fun gimmick/personality makes her looks irrelevant. And I doubt Sasha is stunning without makeup. Not that I have anything against Sasha. She's great, too.

She is the best

That's the spirit!

She looks like she'd drive a school bus or serve lunch, but she's cute in a "I'll settle for her since I couldn't get a girl like Sasha" kinda way.

Also, her gimmick is pretty dumb, but fun, so I think she'll be fine on the main roster, especially when she'll be a comedy character hugging male heels at awkward moments during backstage segments.

Let the fount of creepy Bayley gifs flow.

Okada vs Tanahashi HAS to happen again at the Tokyo Dome. It just fucking does, there's no two ways about it - you don't start a story only to forget about it in the 3rd act. People want someone different at the top and I get that, but that CANNOT happen until this story is over and done with. Also, I can't stand the Cena/Orton comparison - they're two rivals who have been facing off throughout their careers, whereas Tanahashi/Okada is meant to be a passing of the torch from the ace of the past generation to the ace of the new generation. And that only happens when Okada defeats Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom, not a moment sooner.

bayley is really cute and the kind of girl who would actually go buy a goldfish bowl and try to take care of the fish in a bag that you'd win while on date with you at the county fair

what's new this morning?

People are confused about the NXT spoilers from last night's taping.

Nobody watched Smackdown, per SOP.

EVOLVE is running shows tomorrow and Sunday.

EVOLVE 47
EVOLVE Championship match: Timothy Thatcher (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan Page
Rich Swann vs. Drew Gulak
Chris Hero vs. Mike Bailey
Trent Baretta vs. Rey Horus
Biff Busick vs. Tracy Williams
Premier Athlete Brand open challenge

EVOLVE 48
No Holds Barred non-title match: Timothy Thatcher vs. Biff Busick
Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Trent Baretta vs. Caleb Konley w/SoCal Val
Johnny Gargano vs. Mystery Opponent selected by Ethan Page
Ethan Page vs. Rich Swann
Drew Gulak and Tracy Williams vs. Mike Bailey and Rey Horus

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WWE is building him up in NXT right.

What's interesting is I heard through the grapevine (insider info, which is weird for me to say this) NXT has put the brakes on it being a jumping off point to WWE main roster after everyone being called up has had baggage attached with their NXT storylines.

As much as they want it to be forgettable developmental "try these things" storylines, they're coming into WWE on Raw, etc - with this added extra baggage and they have to address it and how they want to use NXT now.

It's a tough spot, for sure. Either NXT ups the quality of their storylines, which as a developmental area that can be trouble, less room to experiment. Or they make NXT less important, which they're finally starting to see how they can make good money with it and won't want that.

We're seriously headed for a legit, a legit brand split. I'm fine with that.

Ever since USA picked up Smackdown for next year I knew this was going to actually happen. It might not even be right away but its in the mix.

Saw what might be the craziest show ever this morning....In Your House:The Final Four. What a bonkers main event. Vader, Bret Hart, REAL ASS STEVE AUSTIN, Undertaker in a no DQ, Pinfall/submission/over the top rope match for the vacant?!? WWF Heavyweight Championship. One of the few RAWs missing from the network is the infamous Thursday Raw Thursday, in which HBK gives up the title outta nowhere after losing his smile, so I was initially LEGIT SHOOK over this match being for the strap.

The undercard is good but the main event? Spectacular. Half an hour of brutality. Vader gets his eye all fucked up ten minutes in and its gross as fuck whenever they zoom in. The eliminations are all great. Stone Cold gets tossed over by Bret, Vader gets LOW BLOWED off of the top rope by Undertaker, Stone Cold comes back and tries to get Bret eliminated but instead accidentally saves Bret from a Tombstone and also ends up distracting Taker so he can get tossed out. He gets to fight PSYCHO SID tomorrow night on RAW.

This was also the first show called by good old Jim Ross and Lawler alone in a dog's age, and it was fantastic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since USA picked up Smackdown for next year I knew this was going to actually happen. It might not even be right away but its in the mix.

Saw what might be the craziest show ever this morning....In Your House:The Final Four. What a bonkers main event. Vader, Bret Hart, REAL ASS STEVE AUSTIN, Undertaker in a no DQ, Pinfall/submission/over the top rope match for the vacant?!? WWF Heavyweight Championship. One of the few RAWs missing from the network is the infamous Thursday Raw Thursday, in which HBK gives up the title outta nowhere after losing his smile, so I was initially LEGIT SHOOK over this match being for the strap.

The undercard is good but the main event? Spectacular. Half an hour of brutality. Vader gets his eye all fucked up ten minutes in and its gross as fuck whenever they zoom in. The eliminations are all great. Stone Cold gets tossed over by Bret, Vader gets LOW BLOWED off of the top rope by Undertaker, Stone Cold comes back and tries to get Bret eliminated but instead accidentally saves Bret from a Tombstone and also ends up distracting Taker so he can get tossed out. He gets to fight PSYCHO SID tomorrow night on RAW.

This was also the first show called by good old Jim Ross and Lawler alone in a dog's age, and it was fantastic.

That is next level bonkers. What a hell of a main event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess if you don't believe in fiber it is.

Fiber supplements, friend. Plus a lot of close-to-zero carb bars (Quest in particular) have a healthy amount of fiber in them.

When I'm zero carb, I take a shit maybe once a week. And there's simply nothing there. I'm not stopped up. There's no shit to shat. My body is a protein consuming machine.

jmdajr

Fiber supplements, friend. Plus a lot of close-to-zero carb bars (Quest in particular) have a healthy amount of fiber in them.

When I'm zero carb, I take a shit maybe once a week. And there's simply nothing there. I'm not stopped up. There's no shit to shat. My body is a protein consuming machine.

I believe it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since starting my look back at the New Generation era this is easily top five main event territory.

I'm not sure but I think this is also the very first time the WWF championship has been decided in a 2+ person match. What a way to start it off.

This is also the first time in what seems like forever that the WWF belt was hot shot like this. I don't know much about 1997 (the only complete show I've seen was Badd Blood 1997, that's including Raw!) But I do know that the main event of WM XIII does not include the Shit Man so it's going to change hands again real soon.

Final Four's a fuckin' classic. I was such a bret mark as a kid and was completely glued to my screen for this match. So good

Elimination style matches are a lost art.

I criiieeed and criiieedd and crriiiieed the next night after that Sid match, hah.

Top Bottom