• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Since starting my look back at the New Generation era this is easily top five main event territory.

I'm not sure but I think this is also the very first time the WWF championship has been decided in a 2+ person match. What a way to start it off.

Royal Rumble 1992, surely.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
NJPW taught me not to trust them again.

I'm off them for a while this time. I'm sure they will get 8 Meltzer 5 Stars(and still won't be able to sell out the dome. lol 'confirmed draws')

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Very true! So we've had 30 men compete for the belt and 4 men compete for the belt before we ever got a 3 way dance. Crazy.

Chyna also debuted on Final Four choking out Marlena.

I remember that Chyna debut so well. Marlena looked lifeless, it was really an awesome debut for her. Goddamn it was glorious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And another thing. This one's about WWE and the rules

IF YOU SAY CASH IT IN TO THE REF AND YOU HAVE MITB, YOU FUCKING USED IT. This happened with Sheamus and it happened with Rollins. You fucking forfeit your MITB when you say 'Ok I want to use it' to an official. The fucking rules!

jmdajr

And another thing. This one's about WWE and the rules

IF YOU SAY CASH IT IN TO THE REF AND YOU HAVE MITB, YOU FUCKING USED IT. This happened with Sheamus and it happened with Rollins. You fucking forfeit your MITB when you say 'Ok I want to use it' to an official. The fucking rules!

Bell didn't ring!

Sephzilla

I just want to see a defending champion cheese the fuck out of a MITB cash in.

Cole: "OH MY GOD, SHAEMUS IS CASHING IN MONEY IN THE BANK ON SETH ROLLINS"

*Bell rings*

Cole: "WAIT WHAT, SETH ROLLINS JUST HIT SHAEMUS WITH A CHAIR THE MOMENT THE BELL RUNG AND GOT HIMSELF DISQUALIFIED"

*Shaemus's cash in is over*

I'm off them for a while this time. I'm sure they will get 8 Meltzer 5 Stars(and still won't be able to sell out the dome. lol 'confirmed draws')

Yeah, confirmed draws. Because they can actually get respectable numbers in the Tokyo Dome without having to heavily paper or just outright lie about the gate. Name me one other promotion in the world that could draw 35k in the Tokyo Dome in 2015. WWE barely got 6k for Ryogoku, so...

Zach

Fiber supplements, friend. Plus a lot of close-to-zero carb bars (Quest in particular) have a healthy amount of fiber in them.

When I'm zero carb, I take a shit maybe once a week. And there's simply nothing there. I'm not stopped up. There's no shit to shat. My body is a protein consuming machine.

Our tentative date is off.

Last thing I needed to see as I'm zero carb now.

what a waste

Sure.

EDIT: NEW! PAGE!

the-new-day-milkshakes-sonic.jpg

the-new-day-shakes.gif

You've got me thinking now... What would really spice up this Taker/Brock feud is if Taker wins he gets the one thing he's always wanted: Brock's UFC accolades.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd say I did you a favor watching Triplemania. Imagine, if you will, Mexican wrestling as hot as it could have been in the States at least since the 96 with the WCW luchadores. Imagine having a venue to sell the show to a new fanbase like NJPW had. Imagine having a show that airs in the US that has gotten you a new fanbase that you can transition into your main product.

Ok now imagine COMPLETELY fucking that up. Imagine booking the main guys of your US show in a nothing scramble match where none of them win and one of them is in a completely different attire. Then the others are in an opening scramble match where nothing matters and no one means anything to the promotion. And obviously you're not going to cater to that market, but it's a new market that you woudln't have to try too hard to win over because they're already meeting you there by paying for it and showing interest thanks to LU.

The only thing they got right was the main event and even that definitely feels like 'oh that was supposed to be Perro instead of Myztizyzyz'

That's the kind of failure that even TNA laughs at.

Brock vs. Taker will usher in the UFC vs. WWE mega feud of the century culminating in Vince vs. Dana at Mania.

Someone photoshop Dana in

tumblr_npgylnEtGL1rg89a6o1_1280.png

the-undertaker-vince-mcmahon-brock-lesnar.jpg

Joe Rogan and Michael Cole calling the fight, of course.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Getting into podcasts...any good wrassle ones?

The LAW, Live Audio Wrestling has two shows in particular I recommend

Review-A-Raw and Review-A-Wai. Both excellent, one is current Raw recaps and the other is a recap of an old PPV, show, or event. Both weeklies.

Top Bottom