• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

I am pretty worried about this match. Like legitimately.

As long as the match gets scatological:
tumblr_n9t6i2po4o1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

It's not Brock's problem if 'Taker has to get rushed to The Brooklyn Hospital Center, the official hometown hospital of the Barclays Center, after the match.

Verendus

Banned
I am pretty worried about this match. Like legitimately.
I'm genuinely curious to see what it's like.

I pretty much want to see the same Lesnar match we've been seeing for the past year and a half, but I don't see Lesnar giving him fifteen suplexes. Undertaker seems like he's a bit too frail these days.

Undertaker needs to be destroyed so the main man, Roman Reigns, can make it rain dollar bills at Wrestlemania 32 in front of 100,000 people in the [insert stadium name].

I'm genuinely curious to see what it's like.

I pretty much want to see the same Lesnar match we've been seeing for the past year and a half, but I don't see Lesnar giving him fifteen suplexes. Undertaker seems like he's a bit too frail these days.

Undertaker needs to be destroyed so the main man, Roman Reigns, can make it rain dollar bills at Wrestlemania 32 in front of 100,000 people in the [insert stadium name].

I like that Taker's going to win
I like that Reigns is winning the belt at Mania off of Cena

The one thing I wonder though: people who desperately wanted Reigns to lose to Brock so Brock wouldn't be, as you all said, "ruined", now that you know he's getting "ruined" by Taker, which would you prefer if you could go back in time? Reigns still losing, or Reigns winning so the loss to Taker hurts less and means less? Ultimately how meaningless was your effort in your opinion, completely and utterly, or just very very very?

Menome

I hope you're all ready for next Sunday, where Undertaker is going to fall over, and end up with another concussion.

It's my first Undertaker match, so I'm more excited than I should be and I await the inevitable crushing disappointment and eventual heat-death of the universe.

Verendus

Banned
I like that Taker's going to win
I like that Reigns is winning the belt at Mania off of Cena

The one thing I wonder though: people who desperately wanted Reigns to lose to Brock so Brock wouldn't be, as you all said, "ruined", now that you know he's getting "ruined" by Taker, which would you prefer if you could go back in time? Reigns still losing, or Reigns winning so the loss to Taker hurts less and means less? Ultimately how meaningless was your effort in your opinion, completely and utterly, or just very?
All those lost souls.

The "ONE MAN" has been putting on great matches all year, and is steadily making his way to another amazing main event at Wrestlemania 32.

Also, genuine question, why are you thinking Undertaker is winning? I thought it was a given Lesnar is winning. Don't tell me they're going to ruin the dream match of Lesnar vs. Reigns II. There's a story that remains unfinished! Like, a story that began at Wrestlemania 31, that needs to end at Wrestlemania 32 in a forty minute brutal and bloody match where Reigns finally takes the title.

I WANT REDEMPTION!

jred2k

The wrestling business has gotten real weird. I can't believe I live in a world where the WWE produces "Blue Pants" t-shirts for a wrestler they don't even really have signed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The wrestling business has gotten real weird. I can't believe I live in a world where the WWE produces "Blue Pants" t-shirts for a wrestler they don't even really have signed.

Or where they let
Ciampa and Gargano
get a win over
Dempsey and Breeze
when neither of the first group is actually signed, as far as it has been reported.

Verendus

Banned
Welcome back Verendus
I'm about to be absent for like a year though. :(

This is a true Rock like part-time return. Clearly, it's the blood of the WWE Universe that drives me.

I'm looking forward to Summerslam though. Decent card. Only thing missing is Sting. I'm surprised he hasn't come back. I'm assuming the whole one-off match with Triple H was a real thing then? We're not expecting him back or what?

It would've been cool to see a Sting vs. Cena match or something.

All those lost souls.

The "ONE MAN" has been putting on great matches all year, and is steadily making his way to another amazing main event at Wrestlemania 32.

Also, genuine question, why are you thinking Undertaker is winning? I thought it was a given Lesnar is winning. Don't tell me they're going to ruin the dream match of Lesnar vs. Reigns II. There's a story that remains unfinished! Like, a story that began at Wrestlemania 31, that needs to end at Wrestlemania 32 in a forty minute brutal and bloody match where Reigns finally takes the title.

I WANT REDEMPTION!

Taker's sticking around, he's already been signed on to wrestle for three days on the upcoming Mexico tour (I think it's in October). It looks very unlikely he loses again until Mania (his last Mania match), and that's assuming he even loses that.

Reigns is taking the belt at Mania obviously, but if they didn't give Brock the belt in that Seth match, I don't think they're giving Brock the belt again. That reign was a failure caused by them giving in to his "little appearances" clause he requested, and at least they realized it was soon after they got it off him. Usually it takes them years to realize mistakes.

It's my first Undertaker match, so I'm more excited than I should be and I await the inevitable crushing disappointment and eventual heat-death of the universe.

Undertaker vs. Edge, WrestleMania 24

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 25
Streak vs. Career match: Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 26

Undertaker vs. Triple H, WrestleMania 17

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton, WrestleMania 21

No DQ match: Undertaker vs. Ric Flair, WrestleMania 18

Undertaker vs. CM Punk, WrestleMania 29

Brock doesn't NEED a title. At this point, being the one that beats Brock probably has more meaning than winning any title, and that's something they can't really ever take away from you. Unless you say something racist or murder your family, of course.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Undertaker vs. Edge, WrestleMania 24

Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 25
Streak vs. Career match: Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania 26

Undertaker vs. Triple H, WrestleMania 17

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton, WrestleMania 21

No DQ match: Undertaker vs. Ric Flair, WrestleMania 18

Undertaker vs. CM Punk, WrestleMania 29

But all those you already know who wins

Verendus

Banned
What is the "story" of reigns vs brock lesnar?
I got this.

The story of Reigns vs. Lesnar is both tragic, and uplifting.

Once upon a time, there was a young Samoan lion. He was hungry. This lion clawed his way, and defeated thirty other men to earn a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

But you see, his opponent was no ordinary man. He was a beast. A man who had destroyed the Undertaker, a man who had destroyed John Cena, a man who had a surprising amount of strength, speed, agility, and dominance that had not been seen in the WWE for a very long time.

This man was none other than Brock Lesnar.

In the midst of this uphill battle, Reigns found himself betrayed. The "ONE MAN" was left alone, betrayed by the fans he loved, and now facing an even greater adversary than the beast, the fans themselves. Nobody believed he was ready, or that this man could put on a great performance. But then it happened. In the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania 31, we witnessed a great main event, where Roman Reigns just wouldn't quit in the face of the beast. Unlike Cena's lip service which ultimately ended with him giving up, and unlike all his detractors believed, Roman Reigns took Brock Lesnar to the limit. A limit even Barack didn't know he had.

It was a match for the ages, but it was a match that was left unfinished. Reigns had his destiny stolen, and Lesnar had his title stolen. A third man ruined the finale of quite possibly one of the greatest Wrestlemania main events of all the times.

And so we find ourselves here.

Where ONE MAN, ALONE, BETRAYED BY THE FANS HE LOVES, is now on another QUEST FOR REDEMPTION, where he will finally earn the right to be called WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

And so it is poetic that this journey ends where it all began, opposite the conqueror Barack Lesnar. Because Barack is no Alexander, Roman Reigns is Alexander. And he must show this to the fans.

I hope this answers your question.

Verendus

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;175448463 said:
the first HITC with Taker/HBK is still kind of worth watching, baloney ending and all
That's a great match.

I think my favourite HITC matches would be that, Brock vs. Undertaker, and Batista vs. Triple H. They're the best ones, I think. The Armageddon one is also pretty fun. I don't think there'll be anything like that again.

Cagey

Banned
I got this.

The story of Reigns vs. Lesnar is both tragic, and uplifting.

Once upon a time, there was a young Samoan lion. He was hungry. This lion clawed his way, and defeated thirty other men to earn a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

But you see, his opponent was no ordinary man. He was a beast. A man who had destroyed the Undertaker, a man who had destroyed John Cena, a man who had a surprising amount of strength, speed, agility, and dominance that had not been seen in the WWE for a very long time.

This man was none other than Brock Lesnar.

In the midst of this uphill battle, Reigns found himself betrayed. The "ONE MAN" was left alone, betrayed by the fans he loved, and now facing an even greater adversary than the beast, the fans themselves. Nobody believed he was ready, or that this man could put on a great performance. But then it happened. In the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania 31, we witnessed a great main event, where Roman Reigns just wouldn't quit in the face of the beast. Unlike Cena's lip service which ultimately ended with him giving up, and unlike all his detractors believed, Roman Reigns took Brock Lesnar to the limit. A limit even Barack didn't know he had.

It was a match for the ages, but it was a match that was left unfinished. Reigns had his destiny stolen, and Lesnar had his title stolen. A third man ruined the finale of quite possibly one of the greatest Wrestlemania main events of all the times.

And so we find ourselves here.

Where ONE MAN, ALONE, BETRAYED BY THE FANS HE LOVES, is now on another QUEST FOR REDEMPTION, where he will finally earn the right to be called WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

And so it is poetic that this journey ends where it all began, opposite the conqueror Barack Lesnar. Because Barack is no Alexander, Roman Reigns is Alexander. And he must show this to the fans.

I hope this answers your question.

YOU'VE STILL GOT IT.

tumblr_nspgd1zH381uta6xoo10_250.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The LAW, Live Audio Wrestling has two shows in particular I recommend

Review-A-Raw and Review-A-Wai. Both excellent, one is current Raw recaps and the other is a recap of an old PPV, show, or event. Both weeklies.

Review an Impact is top shelf as well.

OSW Review, a video podcast that also releases as a regular podcast, is best of breed. I also recommend the Attitude Era Podcast and The New Generation Project Podcast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate HITC. Always have. At least Elimination Chamber keeps you confined. What the fuck is the point of a cage that no one stays in?

Verendus

Banned
I hate HITC. Always have. At least Elimination Chamber keeps you confined. What the fuck is the point of a cage that no one stays in?
On that note, aren't we due an Elimination Chamber match this year?

I think there was that Network special, but that doesn't count, does it? I'd honestly like to see Lesnar in one of those matches with his current character. Put in Cesaro, Orton, Rollins, Cena, and Reigns, and we're good to go.

It would be great.

RP912

Banned
Honestly there hasn't been a good HITC or chamber match since 2010. Hell even a good cage match in general. Wrestlers are playing it too safe to be putting on top quality matches in a cage. Its rather saddening when it was one of my favorite gimmick matches.

completely forgot there was EC this year.

RE: Podcasts, I subbed for PW newsletter and enjoy bryan and vinny.

The law is good but honestly I kind of am starting to feel like I'm listening to the same show over and over, and the intros to stuff takes too long. If they're doing a really good show on Review-A-Wai then it's a good episode.

I like nate and bryan a lot but I feel like they say the same stuff everytime they talk about impact and Idon't care about their opinions on other things very much :{ and bryan mann should leave poor billy corgan alone!!! what a meanie!!!

Verendus

Banned
Honestly there hasn't been a good HITC or chamber match since 2010. Hell even a good cage match in general. Wrestlers are playing it too safe to be putting on top quality matches in a cage. Its rather saddening when it was one of my favorite gimmick matches.
I think one of the larger issues with matches these days is that it feels like there isn't much storytelling anymore. I think this is probably tied into the terrible booking, but I don't really feel the wrestler's character in the matches anymore. Everyone ends up feeling a little samey.

They need to go back to establishing that face and heel divide, and have characters change up their moveset based on the character they're playing. Heels need to incorporate more dirty tactics, and wrestling moves which reflect that.

Something feels off now. A lot of the big matches tend to be samey, and there isn't much character work. And that needs to be reflected in the ring too. You can't just cut a promo, and then put on a match which is the same when you're face and heel. You have to play up that character better.

Hopefully, that makes a bit of a sense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. Never understood the fascinating with a table match when the finish is always bullshit.

Some of them can be good. Building tension with a "oh is this it?! no!" moment a few times can be good.

I also enjoyed Show/Rhodes' accidental step through loss.

Top Bottom