• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Buddy Landel on Art of Wrestling

William Regal on AoW pt. 1

William Regal on AoW pt. 2

Jim Johnston on Steve Austin Podcast

Vampiro on Steve Austin is really really good. Vampiro's story and current involvement with Lucha Underground is great to hear about and it also is the best I've heard from SCSA in a long while.

I also like Bauer & Pollock for current wrestling happenings. Just two guys talking that have good perspectives and good voices. (It's off the air until the G1 is over.)

Cheap Heat is my guilty pleasure for wrestling podcasts. It's too "morning radio" for me due to Rosenberg being a HOT 97 DJ but I stick with it. Dave Shoemaker is great and Stat Guy Greg is a fun character.

Twas awesome.

Menome

So what's your view and idea of what the Undertaker is? I'm curious since you just know him as Old Folks Home Taker.

He's one of the 80s/90s Legends, mentioned in the same breaths as Hogan, Piper, Sting etc.

The undefeated-at-Wrestlemania streak was something even I knew about, but I didn't know Brock was the guy who beat it until this bit of recent feuding started.

However...as awesome as it was to see him briefly in action, he is looking old. There's no dancing around it.

Plus he looks like Judge Doom when he glares at someone:

q3x4q9d.jpg

Also, what the fuck was Mid-Life-Crisis Biker 'Taker all about? Hat and duster coat or GTFO.

Should have just asked if she was barbershop thick, but that thread had CreepyGAF's prints all over it. You dance in a minefield, and your luck runs out sooner or later.

Menome

Considered making a fake CreepyGAF post as a response to someone else. Realised I didn't want to be mistaken for actual CreepyGAF and get Gonzalesed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considered making a fake CreepyGAF post as a response to someone else. Realised I didn't want to be mistaken for actual CreepyGAF and get Gonzalesed.

No, you don't want that.

Sephzilla "supposedly" did a joke GamerGate post, even though he's the real deal, and will never shake it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo....was Vampiro actually any good?

I liked him a lot in WCW. Didn't see too terribly much of his wrassles in Mexico, my main exposure to him was in WCW and he was a bright spot in a DARK time. Enjoyed his finisher, the Nail in the Coffin, a lot as well. I think it was a Michinoku Driver, not sure I remember well however.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Vampiro in that late 2000's WCW period. Should have been much bigger than he was (or Sting let him be if you ask him).

He was being groomed for that, if WCW would have continued he would have been a main event player and was being prepped for it. But then...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WCW's big mistake with Vampiro/Sting is having them appear so similar from a distance.

Next set of GFW TV tapings next week. Current card:

NEX*GEN title tournament - round 1
Andrew Everett vs TJP
Trevor Lee vs Virgil Flynn

Tag title tournament - round 1
Cielo Misterioso vs Tease n Sleaze (Kenny King and Joey Ryan)
Bullet Club (Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows) vs Killer Elite Squad (Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith Jr)

Women's title tournament - round 1
Candice LeRae vs "Bullet Babe" Amber Gallows vs Katarina Waters

Global title tournament - round 1
Shelton Benjamin vs JR Kratos
Bobby Roode vs Eric Young

Global title tournament - semifinal
Chris Mordetzky vs Nick Aldis

Global All-Stars: South Africa and Iran vs India and Mexico
PJ Black and the Akbars vs Sonjay Dutt and Los Luchas

Fave five HIAC & cage matches in WWE/WCW?

C'mon, friends, get me to sub to the Network
Sticking with the Cell here...

Makind vs Undertaker
Pure sordid spectacle.

Lesnar vs Undertaker
Brutality without even having to leave the cell, it can be done!

Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker
Features the glorious debut of Kane, oh and the match is pretty fun as well I suppose.

Triple H vs Batista
It has a barbed wire chair!

Armageddon Hell in a Cell
For the six man clusterfuck novelty.

Man, this gimmick sure got shoddy fast.

These should be on all the Hell in a Cell doors

44096.jpg

Woah, actual Kane themed merchandise, a rare sight indeed.

jred2k

Next set of GFW TV tapings next week. Current card:

NEX*GEN title tournament - round 1
Andrew Everett vs TJP
Trevor Lee vs Virgil Flynn

Tag title tournament - round 1
Cielo Misterioso vs Tease n Sleaze (Kenny King and Joey Ryan)
Bullet Club (Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows) vs Killer Elite Squad (Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith Jr)

Women's title tournament - round 1
Candice LeRae vs "Bullet Babe" Amber Gallows vs Katarina Waters

Global title tournament - round 1
Shelton Benjamin vs JR Kratos
Bobby Roode vs Eric Young

Global title tournament - semifinal
Chris Mordetzky vs Nick Aldis

Global All-Stars: South Africa and Iran vs India and Mexico
PJ Black and the Akbars vs Sonjay Dutt and Los Luchas

Is no Ciampa or Gargano something that could be read in to, or are they even part of the "TV roster"?

Just before Nash/HHH. I'd be very surprised if you make it up to Christian/Orton[/QUOTE]

We shall see. In the mean time, I highly recommend you check out the HBK video package narrated by a young Michael Cole just before the first Hell in a Cell match. He always had [I]it[/I].

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Amell injured in training

Stephen Amell, who is scheduled for a tag team match at SummerSlam, was injured in doing a weight workout this morning.

According to a video he posted, Amell was doing a snatch, which is a lift where you take the bar from the floor to overhead without pausing at the shoulders (which would be a clean and jerk or clean and press). When doing the lift, he ended up smashing the bar into his jaw.

He suffered a cracked jaw, his molars were indented into his tongue and his tongue was swollen. No word on how this may or may not affect his match next week.

Top Bottom