• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Punk was asked about auditioning for the role of Rocksteady in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel, which ultimately ended up going to Sheamus.

"I just assumed he's a bigger dude, so they gave it to the big guy," Punk said, via The Chicago Tribune. "It makes sense. They were looking for two big, muscly bouncer types. (Sheamus) fits the role. I think they end up getting mutated half way through. You didn't hear that from me though."

lol

Amell injured in training

Stephen Amell, who is scheduled for a tag team match at SummerSlam, was injured in doing a weight workout this morning.

According to a video he posted, Amell was doing a snatch, which is a lift where you take the bar from the floor to overhead without pausing at the shoulders (which would be a clean and jerk or clean and press). When doing the lift, he ended up smashing the bar into his jaw.

He suffered a cracked jaw, his molars were indented into his tongue and his tongue was swollen. No word on how this may or may not affect his match next week.

I don't think he cracked his jaw. He just says he cracked himself in the jaw.

But he needs to cut promos like the video on his Facebook. Him and Cody can have a lisp-off.

Big One

Banned
I hope we can get Nakamura vs, Bryan out of the deal. Give NJPW someone in exchange for Liger and set it up for a match at Wrestle Kingdom as one of the main events,

somedevil

I hope we can get Nakamura vs, Bryan out of the deal. Give NJPW someone in exchange for Liger and set it up for a match at Wrestle Kingdom as one of the main events,

Hope this happens but ROH wouldn't let this happen. New Japan gave them Goto for the Summerslam show to make nice for the Liger incident.

That first Hell in a Cell is fun. Kind of interesting to see HBK in the same role as Rollins today but in a much more effective story and such.

Lol Kane's debut being an interference is just so perfect.

So effective, though, with his look and tearing the cell door off.

Edit: And Earl Hebner is the worst fucking ref. How was this motherfucker so prevalent

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

But he needs to cut promos like the video on his Facebook. Him and Cody can have a lisp-off.

Basically hit bit his tongue?

Yeah, watched the video - he "cracked the bar into" his jaw. He just bit his tongue hard as fuck and its swollen.

klonere

Banned
That first Hell in a Cell is fun. Kind of interesting to see HBK in the same role as Rollins today but in a much more effective story and such.

That was the first HIaC I had watched as well. Very different from today's stuff but pretty fantastic anyway. And yes, the genesis of KANE INTERFERENCE but to be fair its probably one of the best reveals ever. Sadly they beat the Taker/Kane thing into the fucking ground. That shit was still going by Survivor Series 98 (when my Network sub ran out and I couldn't watch anymore).

NoRéN

Lisp-shaming now! This is getting out of control. I suddenly find shaming of any kind offensive because I can relate!

clearly not serious

The RAW with the second Hell in a Cell match opens with a returning Sable and the crowd going wild chanting her name. The Divas Revolution will never get that.

Sephzilla

CMZfG2aUYAA-tmF.png
I want this

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Counselor Troi is smoking hot. Not sure how I missed that... Whoo

I only meant to watch the Hell in a Cell match but I got sucked in to the opening segment. Haven't watch a classic RAW before and god damn this makes the current show look bad.

Vader shimmies on out as we return from commercial!

klonere

Banned
The ending of FFXIV into the Heavensward expansion has me legit shook friends.

Definitely a better setup for a story than FF13, 8, 9 and probably 12 as well.

Savitar

Edit: And Earl Hebner is the worst fucking ref. How was this motherfucker so prevalent

I remember looking at calendars before this happened and there was a WWE/F one at the time so being a fan I actually took a look. I noticed that it actually listed when Kane debubted before he ever showed up, yes he was being talked about but never seen. At the time I didn't believe the calendar could be right.....until it turned out to be.

Go figure.

klonere

Banned
Isn't it kind of weird how pretty much every wwe wrestler who got successful brings up how shit their first wwe sanctioned gimmick was?

A company who seems to actively delight in impending the success of their employees and thus the company itself is really really bizarre.

Talent should be getting chickensalad right off the bat and turning it into a 5 course meal.

JavyOO7

Nick Patrick gave Earl Hebner a run for his money, though...

"Whoa, there's a million cops in the ring because Hall and Nash are coming!"

"What should I do? Call the match off?"

"There's a pin though... lemme count it! New tag champs!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Red Shoes is basically a direct descendent of WCW referees. The right mix of too proactive against heels yet also being totally oblivious.

A company who seems to actively delight in impending the success of their employees and thus the company itself is really really bizarre.

Talent should be getting chickensalad right off the bat and turning it into a 5 course meal.

Look, I understand that creating a compelling wrestling character is something that's very hard to do, and most successful wrestlers get popular with a gimmick they came up with themselves.

But it's alarming how frequently it happens in the wwe, which by this point I honestly don't think they try anymore. They just sort of stumble around and hope something clicks.

klonere

Banned
Look, I understand that creating a compelling wrestling character is something that's very hard to do, and most successful wrestlers get popular with a gimmick they came up with themselves.

But it's alarming how frequently it happens in the wwe, which by this point I honestly don't think they try anymore. They just sort of stumble around and hope something clicks.

That TIJ with the New Day convinced me that Vince, at least when it comes to creating gimmicks that are culturally relevant, has completely lost it. I know its been said before but man, imagine if those guys hadn't gotten that Raw after Mania crowd to essentially gift them a heel turn. They probably would have never gotten permission to do so otherwise. They'd be like the Ascension, doing jack shit with a terrible gimmick.

Gallows eating Shibata is loooool

Dude how legit shook were you when (spoilers for day 17 G1)

AJ kicked out of the Styles clash. That's HUGE

JavyOO7

My boy Tye Dillinger bringing his 'perfect 10' gimmick to TV. Man, I hope he perfects that character and gets a nice run on NXT. Great talent. He had a fun match against Joey Samoey in the NXT WBP event.

RP912

Banned
Watching the G1 right now...I'm feeling some type of way about the spoiler that Bata lost to fucking Gallows. This is insanity :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sooo....was Vampiro actually any good?

He had a money as fuck look with a great entrance(except when he was with the ICP). He wasn't a very good wrestler, but he sort of had that Sid-like 'he's really cool even if he kind of sucks' thing going on. His promos were constantly one way or the other. Either they were decent or they were fucking awful and they sounded like a completely different person delivering them. I remember him coming out on the ramp on Saturday night and cutting a quality promo on Sting and then Thunder he cut this terrible fake as fuck sounding promo. Maybe it was scripted and one wasn't, but I imagine it was just the drugs.

He could have been huge in WCW in another time, I think. Sting never helped make him look good though. Sting ALWAYS made Vampiro look like shit even when he won the matches.

Top Bottom