• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

DMczaf

W10020.jpg

I'm sure they must know that at 30 years old he is never going to get ripped, especially now he's on the road and out of the performance centre. They must have known it when they hired him as well so what exactly is the point of hiring him, fast tracking him to the main roster only to not want to push him because of his look?

Maybe they wanted to milk the hype and good will of an IWC bump before disposing of him?

dream

Dave also said that RKO is the best worker in WWE.

So f you all. I've been telling you all this for years, and you retort with clever insults like "Blandy Boreton." Yall can't judge shit.

B_tHbMkU0AAZOh5.jpg

tm24

We should try to get some games going again! It's still sitting on my iPad.

I was hoping Armello would be on PlayStation Plus next month, but that's looking less than likely.

Most definitely.

Armello is on my steam wishlist and at this point i should just bite the bullet and get it.

JavyOO7

Dave also said that RKO is the best worker in WWE.

So f you all. I've been telling you all this for years, and you retort with clever insults like "Blandy Boreton." Yall can't judge shit.

B_tHbMkU0AAZOh5.jpg

He should stay good guy for a long time. His finisher screams good guy. WWE needs to put in more heels in his place so Randy always has fresh matchups.

dream

He should stay good guy for a long time. His finisher screams good guy. WWE needs to put in more heels in his place so Randy always has fresh matchups.

Absolutely agree. RKO is reaching the point where fans won't ever boo him because they love him so much. Which is bad, because RKO is a natural heel, but he's talented enough to make it work.

If WWE does elevate some heels, it will allow them to build the company around RKO, which will make the product much more appealing.

Menome

I don't know how much Randy Orton's been over-pushed throughout the years (As it's WWE, I'm going to guess at "a lot") but I don't find there to be anything particularly wrong with him. I see him as probably the best baseline "I'm a wrestler and I want the belt" guy on the main roster.

He does seem to lack some actual character, but gets by on pure charisma levels. I don't love the guy, but I certainly don't resent him either.

EDIT: Also, he's well fit.

Watching the No Mercy with Taker/Brock HIAC and it has a cold open of Taker sitting backstage licking his wounds, Kane comes in and says "So, how was your week?" Roll intro. Nice touch.

Thanks to the new shitty WWE belt with its dumb side plates, you can tell who WWE has more faith in based on their cute little personal logo they can stick on a t-shirt.

Uhaa crews is looking good then

Sorry Breeze

Just a reminder that Brock and Heyman framed Taker as an unfaithful husband and intimidated his pregnant wife. I hope they bring that up for SummerSlam.

Shiv47

Sat down at WWE show, the preshow hype guy asked the crowd who was gonna win Brock-Taker. Taker is the vast favorite. Now he wants us to pick between a divas single or tag match. No idea with who, so it's like diva Russian roulette

They are truly front row. There's 3 lines. Front row, pre-sale general admission and general admission.

You're going to be seated front row but you'll get to choose a better seat (by the bar, entrance, restroom, facing the hard camera) if you get there early.

We should all meet up and have lunch before hand.

Thanks for the info. I think I will shoot for the entrance as a place to sit.

I'm down for lunch. I will just be roaming the city. Let's meet up and have a good time.

Jesus Christ this Konley/Nese vs. Baretta/Rey Horus match sucked. It's a match I'd want Stro rip apart.

The PAB have a much better theme than they deserve.

Confirmed: the This Is Awesome chant is completely devalued.

LOL at the mark holding a replica Big Gold Belt in the background of this Ethan Page/Johnny Gargano brawl.

Fox318

Well you see it's all about the face chasing the heel, that's were the money is.
And never actually catching them must surely be best for business on that logic, who needs a payoff?
You say that but they had more mainstream popularity when they had a long running babyface champion.

Menome

He just needs to keep playing the I don't give a shit card.

Also, the "RKO outta nowhere" gimmick from earlier this year. Except don't announce it for an evening as before, just have one unexpectedly every couple of weeks during a backstage segment.

Nobody acknowledges it outside of the 5-second reaction shot immediately after it. Randy just does it, leaves and carries on as usual.

You say that but they had more mainstream popularity when they had a long running babyface champion.

Are you trying to tell me that this current Rollins era of chickenshit heel chasing isn't stacking up to say Attitude era Stone Cold?

...you may have something here.

JavyOO7

If you have an hour to kill, watch Rumble '92. Heenan going berserk that Flair is in the rumble so early... going berserk when Flair is doing great... going berserk when Flair wasn't doing so hot... then going insane when Flair won. The drama with Hogan and Sid was great too since it seemed like Hogan was shocked at the response the crowd was giving him. How many years were we in to that Hogan run? Almost a decade? Hogan had to had known that playing bad guy doing a dick move like that to Sid would have caused that reaction from the crowd. But it was so great with Sid thinking on his feet, pointing at the fan with the "Hogan WHO?" sign, and yelling that at Hogan. Then of course, Sid being Sid, as he is leaving the ring and heading up the ramp, he yells audibly "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!"

Then you had Flair give a great promo "with a tear in my eye!" Perfect and Heenan all giddy and it was a great way to finish that PPV. This stuff got me more excited more than anything else that's going to happen on next week's Summerslam, most likely. =p

I think the mark wearing a Roman Reigns shirt trying his best to look like Roman while holding up a replica Big Gold Belt is getting admonished by the Evolve staff.

Man first run Brock was just the king of smackdown. They gave him everything but it was way more entertaining than the HHH situation.

adb8QTR4.gif

Matt Hardy (version ?) was the most fearless man in a locker room with Cena and Eddie. Bring him back to slay the beast.

raw1.gif

HHH strikes me as a guy who never understood the concept of a heel being defeated

raw1h.gif

He just needs to keep playing the I don't give a shit card.

nwo1c.gif

That HIAC match with Taker and Brock was good stuff. Paul Heyman got bloody without even being in the cell.

Next up is Kevin Nash vs. Triple H.

iE8PqTTRjBpnQ.gif

As much of a spectacle as Hell in a Cell is, this PPV had a Redneck Triathlon between Bischoff and Austin.

Austin won the burping contest.

Edit: There's a commercial for WWE Divas: Desert Heat, why isn't WWE's pseudo-softcore stuff on the Network?

This is Fabio era Triple H. The video package for the match is about Mick Foley and Triple H. Even Austin and Bischoff get more time than Nash.

RP912

Banned
Hulkster wore red kneepads.

Triple H/Kevin Nash Hell in a Cell is "I'll win no matter what, because I'm the best at pro wrestling" time. See his feud with Goldberg and Booker T.

Oh dang I don't know why I thought they were yellow the whole time. I need to stop watch Honma matches :/

show is worth watching then?

Hot Sauce Tracy Williams vs. Biff, Gulak vs. Swann, Bailey vs. Hero, and Thatcher vs. Sabre were all very good. But that middle section with Horus/Baretta vs. Nese/Konley and Page vs. Gargano was not good.

It's almost like they wanted to cool the crowd off for Thatcher vs. Sabre.

Top Bottom