• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

EVOLVE's an odd one, they try and have a bit of everything and it doesn't always work. The PAB stuff is dogshit, that match was just dull and put the breaks on the show hard. I actually like Nese & Konley as singles wrestlers, but they have no identity as a tag team.

Really enjoyed the main event, but it did take the crowd a while to get into it - Hero vs Bailey was crazy and I thought Busick vs Williams was a great opener, although perhaps a few minutes longer than it needed to be. Gulak vs Swann was fine, loved the finish, but I'm not a huge fan of Swann tbh.

"Randy...long time ago there was a garden Randyyyy. And in that garden there were two people: a man and a woman. And they were happy because they didn't KNOW anything Randyyyy. Until one day a viper came up to them in a tree and said 'eat this, and become wise' and they ate, and became wise Randyyyy. But with that wisdom came...shame, fear, and unhappiness. They were smart Randyyy, but they weren't happy heh. All because of one little snake. A viper. That's what you are Randyyy, a snake in the tree. Promising the people that you'll make them wise but I know you'll make them unhappy Randyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. That's why I gotta come and cut the head off the Viper Randy Orton hahahahahaaha.

Follow...the...buzzards BAH"

Cole: "Chilling words from Bray Wyatt." TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT BRIGHT LIGHTS HYPE CROWDS IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN.

EVOLVE's an odd one, they try and have a bit of everything and it doesn't always work. The PAB stuff is dogshit, that match was just dull and put the breaks on the show hard. I actually like Nese & Konley as singles wrestlers, but they have no identity as a tag team.

Really enjoyed the main event, but it did take the crowd a while to get into it - Hero vs Bailey was crazy and I thought Busick vs Williams was a great opener, although perhaps a few minutes longer than it needed to be. Gulak vs Swann was fine, loved the finish, but I'm not a huge fan of Swann tbh.

It was definitely a case where Gabe's booking style was felt, and the roster isn't quite there to provide that variety.

"Randy...long time ago there was a garden Randyyyy. And in that garden there were two people: a man and a woman. And they were happy because they didn't KNOW anything Randyyyy. Until one day a viper came up to them in a tree and said 'eat this, and become wise' and they ate, and became wise Randyyyy. But with that wisdom came...shame, fear, and unhappiness. They were smart Randyyy, but they weren't happy heh. All because of one little snake. A viper. That's what you are Randyyy, a snake in the tree. Promising the people that you'll make them wise but I know you'll make them unhappy Randyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. That's why I gotta come and cut the head of the Viper Randy Orton hahahahahaaha.

Cole: "Chilling words from Bray Wyatt." TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT BRIGHT LIGHTS HYPE CROWDS IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN.

My word, it's uncanny how legitimate this sounds.
Actually maybe not seeing it makes some semblance of sense.

DMczaf

"Randy...long time ago there was a garden Randyyyy. And in that garden there were two people: a man and a woman. And they were happy because they didn't KNOW anything Randyyyy. Until one day a viper came up to them in a tree and said 'eat this, and become wise' and they ate, and became wise Randyyyy. But with that wisdom came...shame, fear, and unhappiness. They were smart Randyyy, but they weren't happy heh. All because of one little snake. A viper. That's what you are Randyyy, a snake in the tree. Promising the people that you'll make them wise but I know you'll make them unhappy Randyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. That's why I gotta come and cut the head off the Viper Randy Orton hahahahahaaha.

you ghost writing bray?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I...I want this to happen.

Fox318

Randy: (to hhh) can I kick this fedora wearing hipsters ass?

CMbLjLXUwAAY_-p.jpg
CMbLjLXUAAA17Vb.jpg

So, how much does the WWE pay its talent?

Yeah, Evolve needs to get rid of the PAB, they are just not working against the current style and roster they have, they just feel odd, same with Ethan and Swan. Heck, even Gargano feels like it does not fit.

"My name" PAUSE "is Randy Orton." PAUSE FOR POP "And I have unfinished business" PAUSE "...with Bray Wyatt" PAUSE FOR POP "Now last week" PAUSE "Bray Wyatt said I was a snake in a tree." PAUSE "That I would make the WWE Universe wise but unhappy" PAUSE "Now anybody who knows Randy Orton knows" PAUSE "that I have never been worried about making anyone happy or smart" PAUSE "But what I am worried about" PAUSE "Is if Bray Wyatt is going to show up here tonight" PAUSE "so I can show him just how unhappy I can make him" PAUSE FOR POP

WUBWUBWUB BAH

*Wyatt and Harper are in the ring, bumrush Orton, who puts up a valiant effort until he eats a discus clothesline followed by a sister abigail. Wyatt poses in ring."

COLE: Wyatt sending a MESSAGE to Randy Orton

JBL: I'm sure Randy isn't feeling too happy right now maggle

Saxton: yeah i agree

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT BRIGHT LIGHTS HYPE CROWDS IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN

DMczaf

"My name" PAUSE "is Randy Orton." PAUSE FOR POP "And I have unfinished business" PAUSE "...with Bray Wyatt" PAUSE FOR POP "Now last week" PAUSE "Bray Wyatt said I was a snake in a tree." PAUSE "That I would make the WWE Universe wise but unhappy" PAUSE "Now anybody who knows Randy Orton knows" PAUSE "that I have never been worried about making anyone happy or smart" PAUSE "But what I am worried about" PAUSE "Is if Bray Wyatt is going to show up here tonight" PAUSE "so I can show him just how unhappy I can make him" PAUSE FOR POP

WUBWUBWUB BAH

*Wyatt and Harper are in the ring, bumrush Orton, who puts up a valiant effort until he eats a discus clothesline followed by a sister abigail. Wyatt poses in ring."

COLE: Wyatt sending a MESSAGE to Randy Orton

JBL: I'm sure Randy isn't feeling too happy right now maggle

Saxton: yeah i agree

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT BRIGHT LIGHTS HYPE CROWDS IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN

Bruh. I don't need Raw on a Saturday. My body and mind can't handle it!

Yeah, Evolve needs to get rid of the PAB, they are just not working against the current style and roster they have, they just feel odd, same with Ethan and Swan. Heck, even Gargano feels like it does not fit.

They're a tag team in a fed that has no other tag teams. SoCal Val is entertaining, but no one wants to see Konley or Nese wrestle, so it's a dead gimmick walking.

That said, you need some variety on the card with the grappling heavy style Evolve has now.

Welcome back to Monday night Raw, here's what you missed before the commercial break. Bray Wyatt claimed he could make the voices stop for Randy and then Luke Harper jumped Orton from behind, laying him out. Bray proceeded to stand over a helpless Orton, saying that his voice, is the only one that Randy needed to listen to! Chilling stuff, JredBL... You gotta wonder what's going on inside that sick twisted mind of Bray Wyatt... But coming up next, Jred! We have Big Show standing by, ready to speak his mind in the center of the ring.

They're a tag team in a fed that has no other tag teams. SoCal Val is entertaining, but no one wants to see Konley or Nese wrestle, so it's a dead gimmick walking.

That said, you need some variety on the card with the grappling heavy style Evolve has now.

I love grappling wrestling style so Evolve is my favorite promotion at the moment.They just need to get more wrestlers that can get a good match with guys like Biff, Thatcher, Gulak, Perkins, Hero, Trevor, Bailey, Strong, and co. Sadly the PAB just does not cut it. Shame Ricochet is not doing Evolve anymore, he was a good addition.

I love grappling wrestling style so Evolve is my favorite promotion at the moment.They just need to get more wrestlers that can get a good match with guys like Biff, Thatcher, Gulak, Perkins, Hero, Trevor, Bailey, Strong, and co. Sadly the PAB just does not cut it. Shame Ricochet is not doing Evolve anymore, he was a good addition.

If they even had some more strikers like Tommy End, it would work. Bailey's a nice find, but they might have to import even more aggressively from abroad to fill the roster with folks who can work this style unless Gulak can train some more.

If they even had some more strikers like Tommy End, it would work. Bailey's a nice find, but they might have to import even more aggressively from abroad to fill the roster with folks who can work this style unless Gulak can train some more.

Yeah, if Sabre and Tommy could be regulars that be great, but the cost is probably to big for Evolve. I thing Ciampa would be a good addition, same with Josh Alexander, he is way better than Page. Maybe even Edwards, as long as he does not face Richards q:

Just in my short time through some 90s WWF/E it's pretty clear Austin is the GOAT, right? Good.

Also, H/Nash HIAC was indeed hilarious for how stereotypically Triple H it was

Fox318

Just in my short time through some 90s WWF/E it's pretty clear Austin is the GOAT, right? Good.

Also, H/Nash HIAC was indeed hilarious for how stereotypically Triple H it was
I don't know man.

WWE network makes it seem like Kevin nash and HHH were the greatest things to ever happen to humanity.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He has the easiest claim to it. Him and Vince are the best two characters of the Attitude Era and none of the other guys are even close.

The only real qualm with Stone Cold is he just gets lamer and lamer until the heel turn. He goes from Real Ass Stone Cold to Still Real But More Of A Face Stone Cold to CATCH PHRASES ALL THE TIME 3:16

Top Bottom