• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

So this just happened...Genichiro Tenryu just came out during the G1 finals and challenged Kazuchika Okada to be his opponent in his retirement match on November 15th. And Okada accepted.

I was just thinking that they should give Rusev a motorcycle and make him the Bulgarian Badass.

You can give Rusev basically anything and he will make it badass. Dude has got his shit together more so than any other new talent.

But yeah, Biker Rusev would rule and I'm honestly missing that gimmick so bring it on :)

I'm not even half way through these Hell in a Cell matches but I think I can finish tomorrow. Very much looking forward to the PPV that featured both Randy Orton vs. Sheamus and Kane vs. Undertaker. Good God almighty it'll kill me. As God as my witness, it'll break me in half.

I'm not even half way through these Hell in a Cell matches but I think I can finish tomorrow. Very much looking forward to the PPV that featured both Randy Orton vs. Sheamus and Kane vs. Undertaker. Good God almighty it'll kill me. As God as my witness, it'll break me in half.

I'm going to let you in on a small spoiler here Titus, Sheamus/Orton is a match I remember to this day for having the most pointless Steel Steps spot known to man, you'll know it when you see it.
I felt so sorry for a friend of mine who picked up the network last month after not having really watched anything since 2006, he dove into the Kane/Taker HiaC match and just couldn't understand how things had got so shitty.

Errrr, I mean enjoy these great upcoming matches, sure it'll start heading a touch* downhill after Edge/Taker but I'm sure there's still plenty of hell to be had.

*"touch" may be an understatement.

CMh55d4VEAAujgL.jpg

Guess the consolation is Naka/AJ should happen.

Plus Ibushi and Goto for the IC title

It was set up last night that Ibushi will likely challenge Makabe for the NEVER title, and AJ pinning Okada in a Six-man means he'll likely get a title shot as well.

As for Goto, he'll likely move into a feud with Michael Elgin, who is facing him in a rematch in ROH Summerslam weekend. Elgin is HUGE over in Japan now and this could be a very good feud.

As for Nakamura, who knows. Hopefully he'll take a bit of time off to get his elbow fixed first. I really don't want him moving back to the Intercontinental title though. He's done enough for it. It's time to focus on the IWGP title again.

RP912

Banned
I think the thing that's frustrating about NJPW is the fact that no matter how over you are...Tana/Okada will always prevail. Maybe Data was right...

Can we talk about this?

WHAT

CMg4XDIUkAAl0C2.jpg

Yup, November 15th, rather than some dumb six or eight-man, Tenryu's retirement match will be vs. Okada, one on one. And it'll be for the IWGP title too (if Okada is still champion).

Okada is going to take Tenryu's goddamn head off with the Rainmaker, but still, good to see some gumption by him. Nagata may be Mr. Anti-Aging, but he's got nothing on Tenryu.

RBH

hqdefault.jpg

11059948_895212190526401_3585865755979912105_n.jpg

11836888_895212267193060_4431788734583588802_n.jpg

11863483_895212223859731_6957360449387394438_n.jpg

11705335_895212280526392_9076297034456197460_n.jpg

11888568_895228590524761_4673323506572700026_o.jpg

Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling will return to the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas next Friday, August 21st, for their second set of GFW Amped TV tapings.

A special ticket promotion has been revealed with 4 tickets for $40 using the promo code 4FOR40.

They have announced the following matches:

NEX*GEN Title Tournament Round 1
Andrew Everett vs. TJP

NEX*GEN Title Tournament Round 1
Trevor Lee vs. Virgil Flynn

TAG TEAM Title Tournament Round 1
Cielo Misterioso vs. Tease N Sleaze (Kenny King and Joey Ryan)

TAG TEAM Title Tournament Round 1
Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith Jr.)

WOMENS Title Tournament Round 1
Candice LeRae vs. "Bullet Babe" Amber Gallows v Katarina Waters

GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP Round 1
Shelton Benjamin vs. JR Kratos

GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP Round 1
Bobby Roode vs. Eric Young

GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP Semi-Final
Chris Mordetzky (formerly Chris Masters) vs. Nick Aldis (formerly Magnus)

GLOBAL ALL STARS – South Africa, Iran, India, Mexico
PJ Black (formerly Justin Gabriel) and The Akbars vs. Sonjay Dutt and Los Luchas

Top Bottom