• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Fuck Roguelikes

raw1f.gif

jred2k

Speaking of Metroidvanias, can anyone recommend Axiom Verge? I was pretty interested in it when it came out, but it seemed to fade out of the public consciousness pretty quickly.

I should probably just replay Shadow Complex.

How old is Eric Young now? 50?
He's 35 in human years, but 70 in TNA years. Being with that company causes a person to age at twice their normal rate.

Speaking of Metroidvanias, can anyone recommend Axiom Verge? I was pretty interested in it when it came out, but it seemed to fade out of the public consciousness pretty quickly.

I should probably just replay Shadow Complex.
Game has pretty high ratings on steam. Looked pretty cool from the footage I've seen... if you like Metroidvanias.

shitty GOW clone with a bunch of random gameplay mechanics from different games done worse didn't help.
I think that game might play a little better if you have it on PC. I mean you would hope so, it ran incredibly bad on PS3/360.

Also the game was 20 hours long, I don't have time for that shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only recent 'metroidvania' I liked was Guacamelee.

Ori and the Blind Forest is so far up it s own ass that it's flossing its teeth with its shoelaces

Axiom Verge is the shit. Uses just the right amount of NES nostalgia with modern game design and mechanics.

Delirious in 2015.
Delirious cutting a promo in gimmick in broken Japanese in 2015 to announce ROH shows in Japan.

Man, fuck ROH.

Also, Spelunky and Galak-Z are both roguelikes.

The Akbars as a tag team in a company that has pretensions toward bigger than third rate indy in 2015.

Man, fuck GFW. If you're going full stupid, book the Nigerian Nightmares or the Sumerian Death Squad. At least those are cool names. The Akbars. Jesus fucking wept for the state of your imagination if that's the gimmick you could come up with after even a minute of thought and effort.

Like, if Jarrett's going to go into full pandering mode, just call them ISIS, The Terrorists or The Sand N-s. CROSS THE LINE, Jarrett.

Nothing says Global like naming a tag team The Luchas and the other The Akbars in 2015.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Roguelike is a useful descriptor which has had its name dragged through the mud of indie game development/cult hit style games.

Metroidvania was always a trash label. What the fuck does that johnny come lately to the genre, Symphony of the Night, have to do with Metroid? What do either of those have to do with action platformers that have a map?

Hex

Banned
The Akbars as a tag team in a company that has pretensions toward bigger than third rate indy in 2015.

Man, fuck GFW. If you're going full stupid, book the Nigerian Nightmares or the Sumerian Death Squad. At least those are cool names. The Akbars. Jesus fucking wept for the state of your imagination if that's the gimmick you could come up with after even a minute of thought and effort.

They can only be redeemed if thei catch phrase for everything is "It's a trap! Infidel!!!!"

RP912

Banned
It hurts that Karl Anderson wasn't in the G1 Finals :(. Dude was legit as hell throughout the whole tournament. He was suppose to be the "ONE".!

jred2k

It hurts that Karl Anderson wasn't in the G1 Finals :(. Dude was legit as hell throughout the whole tournament. He was suppose to be the "ONE".!
You must have really wanted a threeminute convuluted setup to a Gun Stun that results in a two count.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The One in a Thousand and One?

RP912

Banned
I wonder if Bata is screaming inside everytime he kicks a wrestler thinking about "why the hell I left this company for MMA"...

He will never be in the title picture forever...

Top Bottom