• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

I still can't believe Sheamus is getting stuck into this whole main event.

I mean, I thought for sure he'd lose the briefcase in some feud.

Ithil

So looking it up, Orton's first WWE title reign lasted 20 minutes, and he had his second title reign later that night. He also didn't beat anyone to get the first one, he was just handed it.

12 time champion isn't that illustrious when you look closer at the reigns, it seems.

klonere

Banned
his first reign was cool, with evolution and everything

after that it was cena-orton-cena-orton-cena-orton-edge-cena-orton

The ending of this Botchmania illustrates the Cena - Orton conundrum quite well

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31ios3_botchamania-284_sport

In related Botchmania news, Tazz went off on it during his last podcast with the whole "YOU NEVER TOOK A BUMP YOU CAN'T CALL IT A BOTCH/CRITICIZE" while also pulling out the classic "I don't think women should drink beer" (!!!!) on the same show. Funny that Austin and Xpac had a good laugh about Botchamania on Austin's show today hehe

Ithil

So if an archer misses the entire target and hits the wall, do they say "You can't call that a miss unless you've used a bow!"?

Sephzilla

She did look good dressed as the GM though

28841095-mjs_raw26p.jpg_raw26.jpg

The ending of this Botchmania illustrates the Cena - Orton conundrum quite well

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31ios3_botchamania-284_sport

In related Botchmania news, Tazz went off on it during his last podcast with the whole "YOU NEVER TOOK A BUMP YOU CAN'T CALL IT A BOTCH/CRITICIZE" while also pulling out the classic "I don't think women should drink beer" (!!!!) on the same show. Funny that Austin and Xpac had a good laugh about Botchamania on Austin's show today hehe

That ending was brilliant.

Bowser

No, Cena's character is boring. A character that doesn't change at all for as long as he has, and seemingly ignores any events that do happen to him, is a boring character. The Rock was a "simple and clean" character. His character in his prime was an egocentric competitor who would do whatever it took to win whether he was loved or hated for it. Mr McMahon was a simple and clean character. John Cena is a boring character.

I agree with this. The Rock was the same character, but he played up different parts of that character depending on if he was a face or a heel. Agreed about Vince too. Cena just stays the same guy, always a good guy, and nothing, absolutely nothing, changes his character. About the only thing that "changes" is whether he spouts the same promo in a super serious solemn voice or a super loud rage scream. It's boring.

Hah, Taz is now claiming that "the guy on youtube with all the botches" wasn't referring to Maffew at all.

Xater

Guys I need to know if this is just me. I re-subscribed to NJPW World to watch G1 but it's pretty much impossible. I get buffering every few seconds. I don#t get it, it worked fine the last time I subscribed...

RP912

Banned
Guys I need to know if this is just me. I re-subscribed to NJPW World to watch G1 but it's pretty much impossible. I get buffering every few seconds. I don#t get it, it worked fine the last time I subscribed...

Some of the videos have buffering issues...I just lower it to SD since there's not much of a difference.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sounds like I missed Cena using his one good promo of the year

Cena's been good in almost every promo for the last year or so, even though pretty much all of his promos are the same thing, him ethering his opponent's shortcomings by shouting. But its fine because they've set him up with nothing but opponents where that ends up being funny.

Xater

Some of the videos have buffering issues...I just lower it to SD since there's not much of a difference.

That doesn't seem to help much.

Edit: I guess I figured out what the problem was. The VPN I've been using for Netflix for some reason results in problems for NJPW World.

dream

AnimatedCarefulInchworm.gif

Just wait until Liquid Snake realizes that not only is Cena going to break Flair's record, but he'll also have a better post-retirement life, not having to take thumbtack bumps at the age of 70 because he saved his money.

eloestmn

Seeing that quad joke above made me think of one of Kurt Angles funniest promos where he cut one on Kevin Nash after he tore his quad in a match against one of the Dudleys and he said "Oh Nash tore his quad? Big deal I tore my quad 4 times earlier today!"

Damn I miss the old WWE humor.

Seeing that quad joke above made me think of one of Kurt Angles funniest promos where he cut one on Kevin Nash after he tore his quad in a match against one of the Dudleys and he said "Oh Nash tore his quad? Big deal I tore my quad 4 times earlier today!"

Damn I miss the old WWE humor.

I always liked this moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-t53ljWxi4
I wish the WWE would break the 4th wall like that more often. Instead you have 50 year old Undertaker cutting promos even a kid that shops at Hot Topic would cringe at.

Top Bottom