• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Fox318

She goes and waits for someone to show her what a real man looks like.

Hit my music!

Rick_Rude.gif
mUtxdvl.gif

"I came, I saw, and I came again"

Why doesn't the WWE use jobbers so people who are in feuds are constantly wrestling each other before the theoretical money matches on special events?

Fox318

Why doesn't the WWE use jobbers so people who are in feuds are constantly wrestling each other before the theoretical money matches on special events?

Because then they can't script a program for them.

Because their storyline segmentation doesn't fit that.

I'm not saying that the WWE should be the size of WCW at its largest. You have already unofficially designated existing personnel (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Diego, Fandango, Fernando, Heath Slater, the Usos, Konnor, Viktor, R-Truth, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder) as your company's jobbers. Stop trying to throw them a bone; give them no storylines or promo time. Hire the likes of Colin Delaney to make your guys look huge and badass. Designate the tag team, IC, and/or the US championship as the title(s) that has to be defended every show to give your house show audience something to come to the shows to see. Keep the world title off TV. Then just have squash matches and promos to build contenders and have your champions defend. Throw in a random title change on one of these secondary belts to keep the audience guessing.

Booking wrestling successfully should not be as hard as WWE makes it seem.

imBask

Banned
I'm not saying that the WWE should be the size of WCW at its largest. You have already unofficially designated existing personnel (Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow, Diego, Fandango, Fernando, Heath Slater, the Usos, Konnor, Viktor, R-Truth, Sin Cara, Zack Ryder) as your company's jobbers. Stop trying to throw them a bone; give them no storylines or promo time. Hire the likes of Colin Delaney to make your guys look huge and badass. Designate the tag team, IC, and/or the US championship as the title(s) that has to be defended every show to give your house show audience something to come to the shows to see. Keep the world title off TV. Then just have squash matches and promos to build contenders and have your champions defend. Throw in a random title change on one of these secondary belts to keep the audience guessing.

Booking wrestling successfully should not be as hard as WWE makes it seem.

or, split brands again and have 2 different loaded shows

give Smacketdowned back to Heyman

RP912

Banned
Why do you need 4 hours for a ppv that's consist of 7 matches. Unless the matches are going to be 30 to 40 minutes...WHY???

The thing with WWE is the fact that they don't know how to manage filler and their shows leave folks fatigued. Hence why Raw always feel like a bore instead of a attraction.

Why do you need 4 hours for a ppv that's consist of 7 matches. Unless the matches are going to be 30 to 40 minutes...WHY???

The thing with WWE is the fact that they don't know how to manage filler and their shows leave folks fatigued. Hence why Raw always feel like a bore instead of a attraction.

There's 9 or 10 matches, plus a guest host, plus likely an Authority segment

RP912

Banned
After watching the Heyman documentary...they are not putting Heyman anywhere near creative. We already saw the miracle that was Smackdown. Heaven forbid you have a booker that can put on a better show without relying on a Mcmahon.

Not 7 matches, friend.

Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Cena vs. Rollins
Sheamus vs. Orton
Owens vs. Cesaro
BAD vs. Team Bella vs. PCB
Tag team 4-Way
Stephen Amell and Neville vs. Stardust and King Barrett
Rusev vs. Ziggler
Ryback vs. Miz vs. Big Show
Wyatt & Harper vs. Ambrose & Reigns

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot our #ThankYouBootaaay post in honor of his avatar.

11535805_783451695100795_3758449469568564353_n.jpg

#ThankYouBootaaay for your input on the Divas Revolution.

Shiv47

They don't. WM31 had 1 hour, 38 minutes of actual wrestling in 4 hours of airtime. The rest was entrances and other bullshit.

RP912

Banned
There's 9 or 10 matches, plus a guest host, plus likely an Authority segment

Not 7 matches, friend.

Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Cena vs. Rollins
Sheamus vs. Orton
Owens vs. Cesaro
Tag team 4-Way
Rusev vs. Ziggler

Fair enough...but the time management still stands because we know half of those matches are not exceeding 8 minutes or even 10.

Fair enough...but the time management still stands because we know half of those matches are not exceeding 8 minutes or even 10.

Oh yeah, the show is going to be disproportionately bullshit, especially since they made such a big deal out of Jon Stewart hosting. At least there's no musical act. We'll be lucky to get 2 hours of matches out of SummerSlam.

imBask

Banned
Not 7 matches, friend.

Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Cena vs. Rollins
Sheamus vs. Orton
Owens vs. Cesaro
Tag team 4-Way
Rusev vs. Ziggler

my god, I don't care about ANY of those matches (except maybe Owens vs Cesaro and MAYYYBE wyatts vs mini-shield)

This is a disaster

worst SS

jmdajr

They don't. WM31 had 1 hour, 38 minutes of actual wrestling in 4 hours of airtime. The rest was entrances and other bullshit.

Meh it's not a big deal. Entrances are part of the fucking show. People want them, like them etc. And do away with video packages? Can't do that either.

Even the NFL only has about 15 minutes of actual playing.

edit: I got no beef with people not liking having a music act on there. Less time for wrestlers even if it is backstage shenanigans.

The music is fine if it's actually part of an entrance, like the mighty Motorhead.

RP912

Banned

To be honest...entrances I don't mind...but bullshit I do. No segment should have that much time at all. It's bad enough The Authority is going to open up the ppv I guarantee it.

Oh yeah, the show is going to be full of bullshit, especially since they made such a big deal out of Jon Stewart hosting. At least there's no musical act.

I would rather have an half assed musical act over piss filler like WM 31 with Trips/Rock.

To be honest...entrances I don't mind...but bullshit I do. No segment should have that much time at all. It's bad enough The Authority is going to open up the ppv I guarantee it.

I would rather have an half assed musical act over piss filler like WM 31 with Trips/Rock.

To be fair, Steph, HHH, Rock, and Ronda needed to stall so the sun could set and not ruin the Undertaker's entrance against Bray Wyatt because no one could have possibly cared about that match.

The rumblings regarding some type of business arrangement involving WWE and WWN/Evolve are heating up again. Sources believed that discussions between the two sides had ended without a deal late last month, but the buzz now is that the two sides are still talking business.

Gabe looking for that NXT money.

RP912

Banned
To be fair, Steph, HHH, Rock, and Ronda needed to stall so the sun could set and not ruin the Undertaker's entrance against Bray Wyatt because no one could have possibly cared about that match.

True enough. I was more hoping for a WM 9 entrance with a crow to deal with the fact that it was still sunny.

If they gonna use time on the entrances, I hope we get some new creative ones. I'd like to see a more darker Bray entrance. Or a new Stardust. Heck even a new Seth one would be cool.

jmdajr

If they gonna use time on the entrances, I hope we get some new creative ones. I'd like to see a more darker Bray entrance. Or a new Stardust. Heck even a new Seth one would be cool.

It sucked ass when they dumped all of the unique stages for the shows. For real. Remember bad ass entrances like DX coming out on a fucking tank? I want more shit like that. I hope they do... something.

Triple H announced some more NXT matches for Saturday. I imagine most of these will be for the television taping afterwards, since I can't see them fitting all these matches into two hours.

CMtwuIhWsAAcXs3.jpg:large

Fox318

How about some new themes for the event

For Cesaro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY
For Owens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aIqx1McVI
For Brock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtNVEbasOo
For taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjqAADShE4
For Neville
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsPa8QgGGkc
For Amell