• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Charlotte still slumming in NXT...sigh

Looking forward to Eva Marie vs Carmella, Dana Brooke being carried, Bull Dempsey in all possible ways, and Uhaa Nation's debut as Apollo Crews. Super psyched for Apollo.

jmdajr

Triple H announced some more NXT matches for Saturday. I imagine most of these will be for the television taping afterwards, since I can't see them fitting all these matches into two hours.

CMtwuIhWsAAcXs3.jpg:large

Hmm. Pre-Show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
did you read what you just wrote pal?

Yep. I'm looking forward to seeing Eva's progression, and to see how shitty the crowd is to her. However, it's not Full Sail so I remain optimistic. It'll be a good showcase for her.

I still feel nothing for Carmella. It's entirely Eva Marie's show.

Fox318

The last NXT show people hated Gable.

This show people are gonna go nuts for that tag match.

Great job by HHH on rebuilding a guy.

I actually really like what I see from Carmella. She has a lot of charisma, and has improved in the ring in the short time she's been around. Actually prefer her over Eva to be honest. Eva just sounds so fake when she tries to cut promos.

MC Safety

Yep. I'm looking forward to seeing Eva's progression, and to see how shitty the crowd is to her. However, it's not Full Sail so I remain optimistic. It'll be a good showcase for her.

I still feel nothing for Carmella. It's entirely Eva Marie's show.

The Brooklyn fans are almost as vicious as the Philadelphia fans. Eva Marie isn't going to win anyone over.

Plus, Carmella's marketed as being from Staten Island. So she's a local...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Brooklyn fans are almost as vicious as the Philadelphia fans. Eva Marie isn't going to win anyone over.

Plus, Carmella's marketed as being from Staten Island. So she's a local...

Can't wait!

tumblr_n6utiuQfpz1r1eqygo1_500.gif

pulsemyne

Welsh is probably the strangest language I've heard. Just doesn't sound right.

Incidentally, before he became 'The Squire', Dave Taylor was known as 'Dancing' Dave;

FyaZ22z.gif

At the time S4C were the only people showing british wrestling. ITV had dropped it like a stone. So if you wanted to see some british wrestling then S4C was the only place. Good on them for showing it as well.
Also I had to learn welsh at school. Bloody hard language it was and I wish I had stuck with it. Nice bit of culture that is.

imBask

Banned
Boiled eggs are the worst

TOP 5 WAYS TO COOK EGGS

1- Scrambled AINEC
2- Over Easy
3- Omelettes
4- Over Medium
5- Sunny side up

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At the time S4C were the only people showing british wrestling. ITV had dropped it like a stone. So if you wanted to see some british wrestling then S4C was the only place. Good on them for showing it as well.
Also I had to learn welsh at school. Bloody hard language it was and I wish I had stuck with it. Nice bit of culture that is.

Their signs puzzle me to no end.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great Khali is tweeting again, friends. I wonder what he's going to tweet!

hB6lIPV.png

jred2k

I just hope Rock doesn't show up to Summer Slam. The guy tries to make everything a moment and it just becomes a dragged-out bore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope Rock doesn't show up to Summer Slam. The guy tries to make everything a moment and it just becomes a dragged-out bore.

Oh he will. Reigns will turn on him. That's an easy route to give Reigns his much-needed heel run.

***If he shows, of course. It's just perfect. They may postpone the turn until later though, Ambrose also has to split. not sure where he'd go as a heel though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;175846863 said:
I hope whoever has this tat is gonna go for tough enough next year. He could be a shoe-in.

1D9xpij.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer last night said he thinks Becky has the most potential to be a big star out of the three new NXT women. What say you, GAF?

More potential for larger growth because she's being ignored. Her, Alicia Fox, and Tamina respectively have all been ignored.

v0yce

Triple H announced some more NXT matches for Saturday. I imagine most of these will be for the television taping afterwards, since I can't see them fitting all these matches into two hours.

CMtwuIhWsAAcXs3.jpg:large

How is putting Eva in there with Carmella going to do her any favors?

She's the best wrestler of them, and is tied for best look with Sasha. She's sometimes excellent in promos, sometimes not.

She's got a great look but I haven't seen her in ring stuff as being anything more than "ok." Sasha seems well ahead in that regard.

somedevil

The last NXT show people hated Gable.

This show people are gonna go nuts for that tag match.

Great job by HHH on rebuilding a guy.

I think you got someone confused because he always been over. When he did a jobber match with Breeze he was cheered by the crowd. The guy had a following before his official debut due to his house show matches and stable he had. He is great right now. He reminds me of Angle with his wrestling talent and his ability to do comedy.

Plus here is the Viewership for 8/17 Raw:

8pm: 3.649
9pm: 3.953
10pm: 3.728

Avg: 3.777

Viewership real similar to last week but down slightly due to a slightly weaker first hour. If you look at the last two weeks here it is with people watching the show on DVR:

August 3: 3.702 + 505,333=4.207
August 10: 3.838+ 380,333=4.218

So right now 4.2 million people have been watching/DVRing Raw into Summerslam.

She's the best wrestler of them, and is tied for best look with Sasha. She's sometimes excellent in promos, sometimes not.

I would definitely not agree that she's better in the ring than Sasha. She has more moves and experience, but Sasha has far more confidence and storytelling ability, from what I've seen.

Sasha is the boss, period.

jmdajr

Mortal Kombat movie article was great. Awesome memories.

I remember thinking there was no way this movie was gonna work and the trailer blew my fucking mind.

I was there day 1!

Zach

Carmella is almost Eva Marie-tier in everything she does but is lucky enough to be paired with someone who actually has charisma.

It's the unfortunate truth. She's Adriana from The Sopranos (just finished season two, bros; no spoilers). I don't hate her, she's just eeeeehhhhh...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's the unfortunate truth. She's Adriana from The Sopranos (just finished season two, bros; no spoilers). I don't hate her, she's just eeeeehhhhh...

She ain't no Ade. Ade is a heck of a woman. Carmella hasn't found the right spot yet. Her being part of Enzo and Cass is missing something.

I highly recommend everyone check out the intro package to SummerSlam 89, where wrestling moves are spliced together with various summer activities like bike riding, driving in a car with the top down, and a kid going down a slide.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anything goes to save Barrett. I'm fine with it.

Zach

I feel like I'm the only only excited for this card. :/

I haven't really given it any thought, so let's see:

Lesnar vs. Undertaker - I'll roll with it.
Cena vs. Rollins - It'll probably be okay, unless they get too screwy with outside interference.
Sheamus vs. Orton - God, no.
Owens vs. Cesaro - I'm down.
BAD vs. Team Bella vs. PCB - I don't know what this is, but I can kind of figure it out. I'm excited to see the NXT girlz.
Tag team 4-Way - Huh??
Stephen Amell and Neville vs. Stardust and King Barrett - Low expectations, but mildly interested.
Rusev vs. Ziggler - This could be a sleeper hit, fellas.
Ryback vs. Miz vs. Big Show - Haha. God.
Wyatt & Harper vs. Ambrose & Reigns - Eh.

I'd say my excitement level is lukewarm at best. v_v

I should look up the NXT card.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can't save Barrett. He's where he belongs.

In the low card. I don't even think him or Cody deserved the title midcard anymore.

Top Bottom