• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Will I grow to love her (Adriana) or is it a lost cause for me at this point?

Great, great show, by the way.

Maybe, I mean, she's complicated. Like everyone in the show. It's definitely one of the greatest TV shows for a reason. Incredibly well-written, complex characters.

Sephzilla

Cody and Barrett are this now

tommy_lee_jones_two_face_harvey_dent_jim-carrey_riddler_edward_nygma-the-batman-forever-vendetta-tommy-lee-jones-vs-jim-carrey.jpeg

Not super sure how I feel about that

Carrey hamming it up is one of the only good things about Batman Forever, similar to Arnold in Batman & Robin, so I'd be okay with Cody being this.

The other plus of Batman Forever is Prime Nichole Kidman

She's got a great look but I haven't seen her in ring stuff as being anything more than "ok." Sasha seems well ahead in that regard.

If you can watch her match with Sasha and still think she's merely "ok", then nothing will convince you. She is absolutely on Sasha's level in the ring, and this is coming from someone who thinks extremely highly of Sasha's work.

v0yce

If you can watch her match with Sasha and still think she's merely "ok", then nothing will convince you. She is absolutely on Sasha's level in the ring, and this is coming from someone who thinks extremely highly of Sasha's work.

That's fair I guess, but I can't remember her doing anything... well memorable since.

Whereas Sasha delivers almost every time she's in there.

*I am about a month behind on NXT shows though.

Zach

NXT Hype-O-Meter

Balor vs. Owens - Moderate excitement.
Liger vs. Breeze - Very excited because I'm an old man and it makes me think of WCW :' )
Blake/Murphy vs. Vaudevillains - I enjoy the Vaudevillains' schtick and Blake/Murphy/Bliss have really grown on me. I look forward to this.
Sasha vs. Bayley - Heck yeah, dude. I hope my girl Bayley steps up.
Corbin vs. Samoa Joe - I'll give it a shot.
Eva Marie vs. Carmella - Gonna be bad. I was interested in seeing Eva Marie's evolution because of the chatter, but that match she recently had was terrible. You should be ashamed of your words and deeds, NeoGAF Vince.
Dana vs. Emma vs. Becky vs. Charlotte - Could be okay. I don't expect much, though.
Bull vs. Elias(?) - Bull's new gimmick is silly fun, so I'm okay with him squashing some scrub.
Dillinger vs. Apollo Crews - Can't wait to see this Crews fella you dudes love.
Match w/ Gable and Enzo - Aaaaaahhhhh yeeeeaaaahhh.

So yeah, the next NXT special is much more exciting on paper than SummerSlam.

With the G1 over and LU gone indefinitely, my wrasslin' mojo has left the building. Even with Summerfest coming up, I just cannot get interested in wwe again. It's so poor now.

Zach

Maybe, I mean, she's complicated. Like everyone in the show. It's definitely one of the greatest TV shows for a reason. Incredibly well-written, complex characters.

Most def. I'm still having trouble with Sil's look, though. His expression and hair, so fake and hilarious looking.

Sephzilla

NXT Hype-O-Meter

Balor vs. Owens - Moderate excitement.
Liger vs. Breeze - Very excited because I'm an old man and it makes me think of WCW :' )
Blake/Murphy vs. Vaudevillains - I enjoy the Vaudevillains' schtick and Blake/Murphy/Bliss have really grown on me. I look forward to this.
Sasha vs. Bayley - Heck yeah, dude. I hope my girl Bayley steps up.
Corbin vs. Samoa Joe - I'll give it a shot.
Eva Marie vs. Carmella - Gonna be bad. I was interested in seeing Eva Marie's evolution because of the chatter, but that match she recently had was terrible. You should be ashamed of your words and deeds, NeoGAF Vince.
Dana vs. Emma vs. Becky vs. Charlotte - Could be okay. I don't expect much, though.
Bull vs. Elias(?) - Bull's new gimmick is silly fun, so I'm okay with him squashing some scrub.
Dillinger vs. Apollo Crews - Can't wait to see this Crews fella you dudes love.
Match w/ Gable and Enzo - Aaaaaahhhhh yeeeeaaaahhh.

So yeah, the next NXT special is much more exciting on paper than SummerSlam.

I agree with most of this.

For some reason I'm excited for Corbin vs Joe. Mostly because it could either be a surprisingly good match or an entertaining disaster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Joe has been a 100% dud, a fuckin turd in NXT on every level. If anyone can carry Joe to an interesting match it'll be Corbin. WTF am I saying? I'm terrified because it's true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Should I buy ARK?
Will Liger do the right thing and put over Breezus?

Hopefully not. Dude is midcard 4 lyfe. Where as Liger is an actual Beast God. Breeze is not going to be worth the time they're putting into him. They're just going to end up with a less successful Fandango. Think about the implications of that.

Zach

Best Hair in Sopranos Award: Paulie

It's incredible. I always lumped him and Sil together in thinking "man, how can I take that show seriously? Look at the hair on those dudes..." But Paulie has won me over. I'm 100% on board with him and his hair.

Poor Sil is still trying to get over the hump, though.

I agree with most of this.

For some reason I'm excited for Corbin vs Joe. Mostly because it could either be a surprisingly good match or an entertaining disaster.

Exactly.

Joe has been a 100% dud, a fuckin turd in NXT on every level. If anyone can carry Joe to an interesting match it'll be Corbin. WTF am I saying? I'm terrified because it's true.

WHAAAAAT?

Hopefully not. Dude is midcard 4 lyfe. Where as Liger is an actual Beast God. Breeze is not going to be worth the time they're putting into him. They're just going to end up with a less successful Fandango. Think about the implications of that.

Look, I long for a new era where the mid card memory of Disco Inferno can live on. Is Breeze Disco Inferno? No. No one can or will be, but it's an important step. Fandango could have been a good first step.

Will Liger do the right thing and put over Breezus?

Nah, he'll beat the breezus, then post-match he'll demand an impromptu match with Triple H, the greatest wrestler ever to wrestle in a wrestling ring, then do the right thing and put him over to apologise for ever working with WCW.

Then he'll go and cut a few talking head promos out the back about how WCW was terrible and how he always wanted to work for the WWE, for use in future network countdown specials and Monday Night War propaganda docs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's incredible. I always lumped him and Sil together in thinking "man, how can I take that show seriously? Look at the hair on those dudes..." But Paulie has won me over. I'm 100% on board with him and his hair.

Poor Sil is still trying to get over the hump, though.

Sil is probably the most pleasant and good dude in that show. That's saying something, considering he beats women from time to time, prostitutes them, and is in a lot of illegal shit. He's as likable as anyone save Hesh, who is completely likable with no real overt badness about him.

Oh, you have some journeys ahead of you. I don't want to get people talking about it much though, they may inadvertently spoil something.

Zach

Sil is probably the most pleasant and good dude in that show. That's saying something, considering he beats women from time to time, prostitutes them, and is in a lot of illegal shit. He's as likable as anyone save Hesh, who is completely likable with no real overt badness about him.

Oh, you have some journeys ahead of you. I don't want to get people talking about it much though, they may inadvertently spoil something.

Yeah, guys, PLEASE DON'T SPOIL THE SOPRANOS FOR ME.

xoxo

Fuck Joe. We've given Owens shit about his look, but current-day Joe has arguably an even WORSE look, with nothing else to offer.

Honestly, Corbin having a decent match with him and winning would be one of the best parts of the weekend.

Questions:
Is Undertaker turning heel?
Is HHH going to backstab Seth?
Is Cena going to win Sunday?

You guys are 96% right most of the time.

Fox318

I think you got someone confused because he always been over. When he did a jobber match with Breeze he was cheered by the crowd. The guy had a following before his official debut due to his house show matches and stable he had. He is great right now. He reminds me of Angle with his wrestling talent and his ability to do comedy.

Plus here is the Viewership for 8/17 Raw:

8pm: 3.649
9pm: 3.953
10pm: 3.728

Avg: 3.777

Viewership real similar to last week but down slightly due to a slightly weaker first hour. If you look at the last two weeks here it is with people watching the show on DVR:

August 3: 3.702 + 505,333=4.207
August 10: 3.838+ 380,333=4.218

So right now 4.2 million people have been watching/DVRing Raw into Summerslam.

Maybe I'm thinking of Jason Jordan but at the San Jose show the crowd hated him.

That's fair I guess, but I can't remember her doing anything... well memorable since.

Whereas Sasha delivers almost every time she's in there.

*I am about a month behind on NXT shows though.

Most of Becky's big matches she's delivered in. Against Sasha she was great. In the Fatal Four Way she shined. Against Bayley last week she was really good.

Keep in mind she was hurt coming out of the Sasha match, so she really didn't get back in the ring in any kind of major way until she debuted on Raw.

Questions:

Short answers:

Maybe
Not yet
Yes

Long answers:
Maybe because if a crowd won't boo a guy for dick kicking current Brock twice, they ain't ever booing the guy
Not yet, that comes after Seth loses the belt and bitches about him not helping
Yes, but may not leave with the belt (depends on 1) do they want Sheamus holding the belt at least right now and 2) do they want him getting Reign 17 this year, if both answers are yes as of before the show Sheamus is walking out after Cena wins and transitioning a month or so later)

Apparently Amell has been stopping by various live events to work out in the ring, and it was all his own doing. Word is that a majority of the wrestlers are respecting him for that, and invited him to actually dress for his match in the locker room with everyone else on Sunday.

Nice having celebs that give a shit.

Questions:

Yes

He'll interfere on behalf of Seth to prevent Cena from surpassing Ric. HHH will turn on Seth and take the title from him and it will be Cena vs. Trips with Flair in his corner and he'll overcome the odds at mania, defeating Trips to surpass Flair. Flair will turn face and raise Cena's hand after Cena wins with the figure four, which the Miz had taught him.

I can see it go either way, but I think they'll hold off this moment for Mania.

Zach

It means that at this point asking people to not spoil it if they're freely discussing it is silly.

I'm silly.

I think Matt Hardy wrestling is as exciting as Kane wrestling for me. And I haven't even seen Matt Hardy wrestle for well over ten years. God, who likes Matt Hardy? >_>

Top Bottom