• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
what a double main event at that NOAH show! those 2 matches were awesome, i guess that was the height of NOAH's popularity

as for that AJPW card...Ernesto Hoost in the main event, really?

Ernesto Hoost is a wonderful man. But...yeah..

Cagey

Banned
We already knew Seth was one of those Cross-Fit douche bags so of course he'd be anti-GMO too.

What a bunch of marks.

Nobody should be anti-GMO

If I had willpower, I would boycott Chipotle for switching to GMO-free food and being so god damn proud of it, thus promoting bullshit science.

But alas, I don't, and there aren't enough Muscle Maker Grills to provide a legitimate alternative.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I had willpower, I would boycott Chipotle for switching to GMO-free food and being so god damn proud of it, thus promoting bullshit science.

But alas, I don't, and there aren't enough Muscle Maker Grills to provide a legitimate alternative.

IVE NEVER HEARD OF MUSCLE MAKER GRILL
I NEED THIS

Aiii

So not worth it
To be fair, you Americans put some really weird stuff in your produce.

For some reason every fruit and vegetable you sell is the perfect color and everything you produce is huge! It's so weird.

I mean, I've never seen tomatoes that red and every slice big enough to cover an entire burger. How is that even possible?

Fox318

eJSl91w.jpg

I support the pro-GMO pho-food that Taco Bell provides me brother -JF

DMczaf

GQ did a story on how the Wrestlers manage to stay in shape on the road.

http://www.gq.com/story/wwe-fitness-road-workout

I'm amazed that WWE doesn't do a sponsorship deal with a gym and more fitness products.

Roman snitchin

Roman: Big E Langston—he’s probably one of our strongest guys—he was on this thing he called “sugar window.” So if you work out hard enough, you can literally eat anything you want right after a workout. He’s like, you can eat cookies and ice cream and chocolate syrup and your body is going to use it in a proper way. And if you look at him, he’s a genetic freak. So we’d work out and then make a sprint to the building to hit up catering for a cookie or two. It wasn’t more than a week or two until we were like, “Maybe there isn’t too much science behind this thing.” Plus, I think Big E made it a “sugar garage door.”

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

For some reason every fruit and vegetable you sell is the perfect color and everything you produce is huge! It's so weird.

I mean, I've never seen tomatoes that red and every slice big enough to cover an entire burger. How is that even possible?

We modify them genes.

Farming or growing anything without it is unbelievably depressing. We (all of us, not just America) can feed the fucking world if people would get their heads out of Daniel Bryan's mindset.

Aiii

So not worth it
We modify them genes.

Farming or growing anything without it is unbelievably depressing. We (all of us, not just America) can feed the fucking world if people would get their heads out of Daniel Bryan's mindset.

Oh, I don't mind gene-modified food.

But to be honest, I think this is more the result of adding growth additives, and that shit is bad for you.

klonere

Banned
Dragon Gate are doing really well for themselves also, they're the clear no.2 in the country at the moment - promotions like DDT & BJW are growing too, both running Sumo Hall shows this year. AJPW are in an odd state at the moment, as their business suffered a lot in the past few years, but the product's improving and it'll be interesting to see if they can get back to respectable levels again.

NOAH's stables don't really have much direction at the moment, they're more like loose affiliations - you've got Marufuji's good guy group BRAVE with Nakajima, Kotoge & Ishimori, the more neutral NO MERCY with guys like Harada, Takayama & Sugiura and the heel group Cho Kibou-gun, who was Morishima's faction until he was forced to retire, but is now headed up by Maybach with Kenou & Ohara. The Suzuki-gun invasion's the main focus this year.

I guess I gotta watch some Dragon Gate then. Suzuki GUN does come across as a very scary and disruptive heel faction at the very least.

miserable

I can't lie, I'm happy with Tanahashi winning the G1 and we're getting the final, FINAL, endwar-to-end-all-endwar with Tanahashi and Okada so we can move on. It's time. No complaints. Tanahashi is an exceptional talent, and even though people are tired of him, this will finish their story in a satisfying conclusion.

I'm ready to be legit shook seeing Tanahashi win at WK and say "well...now fucking what?"

I can't say i'm happy with Tana winning, but i'm not salty either. I guess they did what they thought would be best for business, i just wish the end of that feud would happened sooner.
And you are right, Tanahashi is exceptional. I hope Okada hits him with 4 consecutive Rainmakers before pinning him.

Aiii

So not worth it
If Tanahashi was anyone else I'd resent the fuck out of his win of the G1. I still think it was the wrong choice to not have Nakamura in that spot at WK, but I have no problem with another Tanahashi vs. Okada match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't say i'm happy with Tana winning, but i'm not salty either. I guess they did what they thought would be best for business, i just wish the end of that feud would happened sooner.
And you are right, Tanahashi is exceptional. I hope Okada hits him with 4 consecutive Rainmakers before pinning him.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I wish the end of their feud somehow wouldn't be the main event at WK, but that stage is really integral to the story they're telling. I know Boots agrees, he got as hot as magma about it a couple weeks ago and was ranting and raving, kicking babies and toddlers over it. I wish they would have put more work into someone else, giving them more shine. I guess in a way they did with Elgin, who should NEVER COME BACK TO AMERICA, and Naito had a really good showing and was able to evolve his character convincingly.

Honestly it felt like a "rebuilding year" for the G1 - and I'm ok with that.

Big E with that broscience, tricking people.

Nutrient timing is a thing but the stance continues to change on it. It's really fascinating how little we know about what we eat and are still making science breakthroughs with it today.

Here's an updated article on nutrient timing and whether or not it has any real impact, if you care:

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/nutrient-timing

to be fair, they did start to doubt it after a few weeks. I myself do believe that I can eat something like a burger and fries after I workout and my body will handle it better than say, a few hours later.

Cagey

Banned
IVE NEVER HEARD OF MUSCLE MAKER GRILL
I NEED THIS

Friend, brother, you need Muscle Maker Grill in your life.

http://www.musclemakergrill.com/

Of course New Jersey's contribution to national fast-casual chain restaurants is all about low-carb high-protein clean meals for after the gym. By Bros, For Bros.

Also, a fantastic franchising opportunity if you can be the first to open one up where you live. Put that bitch on a college campus, paper the college gyms and frat houses, and the bros will come crawling.

Where else can I buy a Side of GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST with my grilled chicken wrap.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friend, brother, you need Muscle Maker Grill in your life.

http://www.musclemakergrill.com/

Of course New Jersey's contribution to national fast-casual chain restaurants is all about low-carb high-protein clean meals for after the gym. By Bros, For Bros.

Also, a fantastic franchising opportunity if you can be the first to open one up where you live. Put that bitch on a college campus, paper the college gyms and frat houses, and the bros will come crawling.

Where else can I buy a Side of GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST.

Fuck! That is perfect. That is PERFECT. If I had some money lying around and I was first to open up, no doubt I would be making ducats hand over fist.

There is a demand for this, goddammit.

somedevil

Well for Nitro lovers it seems WWE is slowly uploading new episodes onto the network.

They added 7 new episodes from 97 that go up to Feb 17 1997.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I avoid meats altogether. My risk of cancer, which I've been dealing with since I was 23 years old, has come down considerably since in the past few years. I am also the first in my family going as far back as my great grandparents on both sides to deal with Cancer.

Damn, that's rough. We do have a Wrasslegaffer here that's beaten it, at least one!

jmdajr

I avoid meats altogether. My risk of cancer, which I've been dealing with since I was 23 years old, has come down considerably since in the past few years. I am also the first in my family going as far back as my great grandparents on both sides to deal with Cancer.

Yeah. I don't avoid meat all together but red meat yes. I eat it maybe once a week.

Chicken,Turkey, Fish pretty consistently.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I wish the end of their feud somehow wouldn't be the main event at WK, but that stage is really integral to the story they're telling. I know Boots agrees, he got as hot as magma about it a couple weeks ago and was ranting and raving, kicking babies and toddlers over it. I wish they would have put more work into someone else, giving them more shine. I guess in a way they did with Elgin, who should NEVER COME BACK TO AMERICA, and Naito had a really good showing and was able to evolve his character convincingly.

Honestly it felt like a "rebuilding year" for the G1 - and I'm ok with that.

The only (minor) problem I have with it is that Okada goes in as champ. The perfect redemption story would have been Tanahashi going in as champ and Okada finally winning the big one and becoming champion at WK.

Having him successfully defend instead just seems a little off to me.

RP912

Banned
Tana may be NJPW's Cena but dude really can perform and back it up. Each of his matches always end up being iron man matches. His feuds are believable and even entertaining (Tana/Yano feud of the year btw). He sells and makes the wrestlers look good. Sure Naka got robbed in the G1, but it is what it is. I just hope we won't have a "once in a lifetime" match with Okada at the big one :/. Their last WK match was good but expected as hell. I knew the moves and the outcome before the match began.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That menu looks good but why all the low fat stuff? You'd think bro scientists would be the first to recognize that fat doesn't make you fat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Becomes the new norm after 13 years. Hope said gaffer is doing well.

Yeah. I don't avoid meat all together but red meat yes. I eat it maybe once a week.

Chicken,Turkey, Fish pretty consistently.

There he is!

That menu looks good but why all the low fat stuff? You'd think bro scientists would be the first to recognize that fat doesn't make you fat.

Yeah, but at the same time, I'm sure they can make a lot of money off the misinformed.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I wish the end of their feud somehow wouldn't be the main event at WK, but that stage is really integral to the story they're telling. I know Boots agrees, he got as hot as magma about it a couple weeks ago and was ranting and raving, kicking babies and toddlers over it.

LOL, yeah it's been making me pretty mad, mainly because it seemed fairly obvious that was where they were heading, but I guess lots of people were just hoping for something else. That's also part of why I want the match to happen, even as a big fan of Tanahashi & Okada's feud - it needs to come to a close.

They look like shit on the inside, though, and taste like nothing. These days, it's heirloom tomatoes or nothing, if you want the good stuff.

heirloom-tomatoes_0.jpg

LOL, yeah it's been making me pretty mad, mainly because it seemed fairly obvious that was where they were heading, but I guess lots of people were just hoping for something else. That's also part of why I want the match to happen, even as a big fan of Tanahashi & Okada's feud - it needs to come to a close.

fuck it, just have Tanahashi win.

10 more years of Tanahashi.

jmdajr

This is the most balanced approach I have seen explaining fats.

Trans Fat- Deadly and absolutely zero health benefit. Even a small percent in your diet can cause massage damage to your heart. Luckily it is mostly all in the baked section which no one here goes to. AVOID.

Sat Fat- Saturated Fat is NEUTRAL. Meaning it raises both good and bad cholesterol.If you give up saturated fat and replace it with bad carbs you will still die of a fucking heart attack. So eat some but don't ignore...

Poly/Mono fats- These are the ONLY fats that will raise your good cholesterol and drop the bad kind along with not being a fat ass and exercising. If you want good cholesterol you have to have intake of this.
Eat them!

Sephzilla

We Americans ruin a lot of good produce by injecting an unnecessary amount of growth shit into it which ends up just ruining flavors of things.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's nice to be on the right side of one debate over Europe when it comes to their anti science fear mongering of so called GMOs.

jmdajr

After my time in health class...I learned the benefits of peanut oil and fish oil. Omega 3 brehs.

Yup. You need them. Olive Oil, Canola Oil, Peanut Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Avacados and all kinds of fish and nuts. Figure out how to include them in your diet without the refined bull crap.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm reinstalling WWE Immortals and Supercard. Haven't touched them since it came out.

Aiii

So not worth it
¡HarlequinPanic!;175916784 said:
when it comes to GMO-foods it's "you americans" but when it's dutch papers using the N-word it's "hey not all of us"

I see how it is BROTHER JACK DUDE

Fair enough, fair enough.

You Americans' government, then.

RP912

Banned
It really blows my mind of how the most fattiest foods are always on sale, but foods that help bring longevity in your life are the most expensive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It really blows my mind of how the most fattiest foods are always on sale, but foods that help bring longevity in your life are the most expensive.

Killing people slowly is the most profitable way for business to operate.

RP912

Banned
Killing people slowly is the most profitable way for business to operate.

Pretty much. It's a damn shame that some food companies can't and won't be persecuted like cigarette companies. For years we been eating food that has Trans-Fat in it for God knows why. Yet, it took this year for it to be banned from the food market.

Aiii

So not worth it
I've switched to no-sugar drinks.

Once I looked at a 0,33L can of Cherry Coke and it said it had 42% of the daily recommended daily amount of sugar in it. I mean, really?

Ithil

WWE is pretty... bad at giving perks/benefits to their wrestlers. It all goes back to the independent contractor BS.

In a perfect world; Wrestlers would be employees of WWE and receive all benefits of a normal employee; cost of travel would be covered(or travel provided), they'd have a deal with a gym/many gyms for their wrestlers to work out while they're in town, etc.

That article also taught me that Chipotle is really good for you I guess.

You're independent contractors, but we treat you like you're full employees.
Makes sense.

Top Bottom