• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Ithil

Name names, friends:

Who will never get out of NXT?

Hard to say, since there's always unexpected people that get out like Adam Rose, or guys that seem to be going nowhere but suddenly find something to catch on with (like Jason Jordan who might actually get out with Gable as a tag team).

Ithil

I... Don't hate... The Hype Bros.

It's actually sort of a good fit for NXT.

It probably wasn't intentional, but the dropkick into crossbody from Ryder was pretty neat.
Mojo's got the same issue Baron Corbin does, he's supposed to be a powerhouse but he doesn't really act like one. He ought to be barreling everyone over and tossing folks around.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny Mac, when does episode 5 of Life is Strange come out? I finished ep 4 today, which left me shook and wanting for more.

Too far away. GOTY. It's already GOTY. I can't imagine anything'll come close. That episode 4...fuck

Ep 2 shook me the most, but 4 is up there.

It probably wasn't intentional, but the dropkick into crossbody from Ryder was pretty neat.
Mojo's got the same issue Baron Corbin does, he's supposed to be a powerhouse but he doesn't really act like one. He ought to be barreling everyone over and tossing folks around.

To be fair, even Mason Ryan, who was show strong but not actual strongman strong, was an unconvincing powerhouse.

You could argue that it's hard to be a badass big guy when you've taken away the traditional badass big guy moves, the Papa Powerbomb notwithstanding.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm one of the poors, so I only have the Vita.

On a completely unrelated note, don't have kids if you want to have disposable income.

Don't have kids if you own a Vita
sR7H9vQ.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question. Where does Sin Cara rank on the list of all time greatest flops in professional wresting?

He had a press conference unveiling his new mask, huge star at the time in Mexico, and then flopped.

Hmm...trying to think of who to compare him to.

Ithil

To be fair, even Mason Ryan, who was show strong but not actual strongman strong, was an unconvincing powerhouse.

You could argue that it's hard to be a badass big guy when you've taken away the traditional badass big guy moves, the Papa Powerbomb notwithstanding.

Mason Ryan was that full on "looks strong, but isn't" bodybuilder type though. I imagine Mojo is actually as strong as he looks. He really should have the Pounce.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mark Henry?

Hmm, I dunno. Mark was coming in as literally the world's strongest man. What did he immediately do? I don't think I watched his first few months, or don't remember them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The amount of hilarity over Sin Cara was just incredible though. The dick shirt, the foursquare check-in at a Mexican airport during a WWE pay per view with a Sin Cara match that night...

Sephzilla

At the very least Sin Cara is the most entertaining flop in WWE history. That gimmick is so cursed it continued with Mistico after WWE as well as transferred to Hunico.

He had a press conference unveiling his new mask, huge star at the time in Mexico, and then flopped.

Hmm...trying to think of who to compare him to.

Goldberg in WWE?
Scott Steiner in WWE?
Mr. Kennedy, MITB, poised to be Vince's son, then nothing.
Zeus, linked to Hogan, the company bent kayfabe to fit him into the storyline, bombed
Giant Gonzalez, jumped from WCW (when jumps weren't such a big deal) and then the airbrushed suit
Dusty going from WCW to WWF

jmdajr

Sin Cara made me appreciate Rey so much more. Just take for granted the fact that he actually knew how to put on match, 20 knee surgeries and all.

Ithil

Goldberg in WWE?
Scott Steiner in WWE?
Mr. Kennedy, MITB, poised to be Vince's son, then nothing.
Zeus, linked to Hogan, the company bent kayfabe to fit him into the storyline, bombed
Giant Gonzalez, jumped from WCW (when jumps weren't such a big deal) and then the airbrushed suit
Dusty going from WCW to WWF

Goldberg was more because they botched him by not having him win when it mattered. He did win the World title and headline shows in the year he was around, after all; he may have been a shadow of his WCW career but Sin Cara was on a new level entirely of failure.

RP912

Banned
Its your Daily Dose of New Day!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4UrbRXwH_g

Big E should be WWE Champ at some stage friends, preferably while New Day is still together with just Xavier/Kofi tagging. The impossible dream.

I'm still holding on to my fantasy of Big E cutting a WM 32 promo letting the fans know that he's going to take the gold from
Ambrose
and it will be a new day....

Big E headlining Wrestlemania would put asses into seats.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
VERY interesting note from the Observer:

Mike Tenay’s first podcast, which is a sports betting podcast that has nothing at all to do with pro wrestling, was one of the most downloaded shows in its first week, being just below the established top shows like Steve Austin’s.

Top Bottom