• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
We should be clear on this. Showing up as a backstage security guard or an Adam Rose rosebud does not count it as 'making it' out of NXT. Sorry Tyler.

Nekofrog

Banned
i always loved that mike tenay would go into deep history of wrestlers from different regions, their accomplishments, and if they had had matches with their opponents in those different regions/their outcomes.

like he'd explain that X luchadore wrestled Chris Jericho in Japan multiple times and their record was Y, and held X title at Y time. it actually made it feel like these people existed and competed outside of this one company, and gave it a bit of legitimacy.

Fox318

Everybody's expecting a Kane run-in during 'Taker vs. Lesnar this Sunday, right?

I'm expecting a clean finish.

Brock goes over in a brawl of a match that involves some blood.

If they want Summerslam to be the mania of the summer they need to have a clean finish to end the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i always loved that mike tenay would go into deep history of wrestlers from different regions, their accomplishments, and if they had had matches with their opponents in those different regions/their outcomes.

like he'd explain that X luchadore wrestled Chris Jericho in Japan multiple times and their record was Y, and held X title at Y time. it actually made it feel like these people existed and competed outside of this one company, and gave it a bit of legitimacy.

Yup, one of the reasons why I took to lucha so much when it showed up on WCW was because Tenay was able to frame it as important as it really is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tenay always sounds like THE internet wrestling forum mark and I really can't stand him as a lead commentator. Especially when he fakes excitement or surprise. Schiavonne is terrible at calling the action, but he at least comes off as a better actor(Which is part of being a commentator) than Tenay. He's better as a third. I always liked him with Zybszyko.

Tenay does seem like a nice guy IRL though. And I definitely would have taken him in Triplemania(lol) or WK9 over Striker. And I love his music.

I'm expecting a clean finish.

Brock goes over in a brawl of a match that involves some blood.

If they want Summerslam to be the mania of the summer they need to have a clean finish to end the show.

Never thought I'd say this about Fox, but you're being too positive about WWE.

Vylash

Suits is a pretty decent show, but the premise of it is so bad.

I've been enjoying Mr. Robot so far.

I haven't watched any other USA shows. Even though it's ended I've wanted to check out Psych.

rQpCF9G.gif

Suits is way more entertaining than it has any right to be, it's probably the last USA show i'll bother with though, tried Graceland but that got really boring

Name names, friends:

Who will never get out of NXT?

Scott Dawson
Dash Wilder
Angelo Dawkins
Marcus Louie
Solomon Crowe
Sylvestor Lefort

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Marcus Louis. I hope he has a good future as Lil Kane. Or...Kaneita.

RP912

Banned
I never understood the Dragon Ball hype...even in middle school, the shows were meh as hell. Then again I preferred Pokemon.

Sephzilla

Someone over in the Dragon Ball Super thread is seriously asking why a show about people named after clothes and vegetables who fight people named after cooling appliances and puns is acting like a comedy instead of being 90s serious.

Everybody's expecting a Kane run-in during 'Taker vs. Lesnar this Sunday, right?

Of course not. We ain't getting a Sheamus cash-in after a Cena win AND a fuck finish in the main event immediately after that. How much monkey paw wishes you think you got left? The tears will flow from at least 2 sides

Just saw Owens NXT Full Sail promo.

AMAZING!

Dragon Ball is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. (GT doesn't exist)

screw you guys

I have not rewatched it in a decade.

I keep thinking I should but I am a old man with responsibilities now.

Sephzilla

I can't wait for all the Third Strike hipsters to start playing SF4 because "it's way better than SF5"

Third Strike is a game I really want to like, but fucking hell, there's an imaginary line in fighting games where I feel the game gets too complicated and SF3 is past that line

imBask

Banned
the only thing that scares me about SFV is how combo heavy the game looks as of right now... but at least they removed 1 frame links and dumb plinking so that's that

I can only hope, just think of the possibilities...
- Kane feuds with Lesnar for revenge after being put on the shelf, high drama!
- Kane turns on Taker for no reason, the forever war continues
- Kane and Taker take turns kicking Lesnar in the dick, become the brothers of dick kickery
- Kane interferes only to be immediately sent to suplex city achieving nothing
- Kane causes a DQ finish

They're playing John Cena's promo on The Rock for Once in a Lifetime Part I and man was this feud fucking bad. Worst worked shoot ever?

Remember when Rock had wrist notes and Cena left him legit shook? gooooood times.

3rd strike and alpha 3 are both hell as far as balance goes, fellers. still fun games though.

Sin Cara's a flop but at least it made it to screen, 2000s E was littered with so many non-starter characters: Sean O'Haire, Mordecai, Vade Hansen or whatever. Sheesh

Top Bottom