• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

qOze0.gif

Menome

Just found out there's a sequel to John Cena's Sexy High School Adventure where you travel through time to save the John Cena timeline.

Life Is Strange finally has some competition for GOTY.

There is a segment in-between WWE Network shows that shows Daniel Bryan visiting sick kids. At the end he does the yes chant with them, except for this one kid in a wheelchair whose mom tries to prod him to do it, and he just shakes his head and laughs at everyone acting like idiots.

¡HarlequinPanic!;176041422 said:
Sin Cara's a flop but at least it made it to screen, 2000s E was littered with so many non-starter characters: Sean O'Haire, Mordecai, Vade Hansen or whatever. Sheesh

We're reaching into the deep depths with this one, I don't think he made it past the video promo stage.

And now for your reminder of random forgettable tag teams from 2006-2007 or something like that
- Gymini
- Heart Throbs
- The Dicks
- The Highlanders

shaowebb

Great Sasuke documentary indieagogo

Not a lot of documentary/shoot sutff for Japanese wrestlers out there and Sasuke has had a hell of a career trajectory.
My old wrestling coach Bobby Blaze wrestled him a few times. Apparently in the ring overseas one of the few phrases in english he knew was "STIFFER!" Bobby wasn't sure whether he thought that he was feeding punches too weak to sell and being told by Sasuke he was stinking up the match or being called out as someone who threw shots that were too stiff.

Only thing Bobby knew to do was just start fucking sending those shots. He figured he'd rather be stiff than be called out by Sasuke for throwing cheeseball kicks and punches and forcing the guy to have a cheesey match selling pulled shots. After that they worked the rest of his stint in Japan and apparently had fun. Bobby always had fun stories.

FYI ask X-Pac about his Futuristic Santa Claus gimmick before he went pro. Apparently there is a VHS floating around somewhere of him in the backyard yelling "Merry Christmas" while diving out of a tree to do an elbow drop. Also something about the gimmick involving 'Elton John sunglasses".
:p

Teacher's Pet

Pentagon's shirts don't have Masked Republic because they're just a third man for him to sell the shirts through. LA Park shirts, for example, have Masked Republic because they're making and selling his merch.

Makes sense. Did yours break in? Mine is a bit stiff but I'm sure it will soften up.

somedevil

I love how people here complained on wanting more WCW Nitros but it seems no one has noticed that they actually updated them.

Now they have from January 97 up to June 16 97. This is the 2nd update. The way its going 97 will be all up very soon.

I'm only at Undertaker/Undertaker in my SummerSlam main event marathon but I ask you, WrassleGAF: is there going to be a match that convinces me D-Bry/Cena is not the best SummerSlam main event?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only at Undertaker/Undertaker in my SummerSlam main event marathon but I ask you, WrassleGAF: is there going to be a match that convinces me D-Bry/Cena is not the best SummerSlam main event?

I really enjoyed Hardy vs Punk in 09. Good shit.

JavyOO7

I love how people here complained on wanting more WCW Nitros but it seems no one has noticed that they actually updated them.

Now they have from January 97 up to June 16 97. This is the 2nd update. The way its going 97 will be all up very soon.

I keep an eye on r/wwe_network like a hawk, daddeh.

I think they are gonna go all the way until the end of '98 by the end of next week. Who knows... maybe its entire run perhaps. Then maybe they could put on Saturday Night, Main Event, and Worldwide?

Doubt it.

Aiii

So not worth it

Oh really?
I was going to watch my weekly episode of Nitro (watching one a week along with Bryan & Vinny & Craig) and I saw they added the first half year of 1997 now, so yay.
Don't you feel silly now? :D

somedevil

I keep an eye on r/wwe_network like a hawk, daddeh.

I think they are gonna go all the way until the end of '98 by the end of next week. Who knows... maybe its entire run perhaps. Then maybe they could put on Saturday Night, Main Event, and Worldwide?

Doubt it.

Maybe years later.

For Nitros they should stop after the finger point of doom episode. Who here wants the nitros after that? Other than for John and Wait to review them.

jmdajr

Brock vs Rock?

I like Edge/Undertaker in Hell and a Cell

Shawn and Hogan for comedy

edit: fun poster

220px-Summerslam1998.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Think you hate wrestling crowds?

http://www.legitshook.com/blog/howwrestlingfansaretryingtoruinwrestling

How Wrestling Fans Are Trying To Ruin Wrestling

With the upcoming NXT Takeover Brooklyn event (8/22/15 9PM WWE Network) hailing outside of the cozy confines of Full Sail University for the first time, the Full Sail Faithful have had a hard time accepting that their once personal club has been opened to outsiders. Due to the NXT taping schedule, they’ve been able to voice their anger with the decision for over a month’s worth of shows. They feel entitled to keep NXT as their secret society. This entitlement of wrestling fans is nothing new, but with each generation, it comes closer to ruining pro wrestling for good.

As fate would have it, ECW began to outgrow the ECW Arena. When the decision was announced to begin running shows in New York, the Arena fans felt betrayed. They let their anger be heard. Frequent, “FUCK NEW YORK” chants would break out. The New York crowds, in response, would chant “FUCK PHILLY” when given the chance. The ECW Arena crowd had become entitled to sole ownership of ECW. With the prospect of less local shows, many of the once die hard ECW fans moved on out of spite. By the time ECW had made it to national television in 1999, its fan base had dwindled, feeling ECW had betrayed them by diluting the product to be more palatable to mainstream audiences.

And much more at the link...all topped off with Owens' promo on NXT.

The Full Sail Faithful have become the distillation of ECW, indie, and TNA fans, all with a thick layer of Millennial entitlement and irony. With the rest of the nation embracing something they loved, they have begun to hate the idea of others enjoying what they believe is theirs alone. The only logical step for NXT is to move out of Full Sail University for good and stop placating to the smart fans. The same fans that claim to want a Divas Revolution, yet still call the Bellas "talentless reality star sluts" who are only in their positions due to their sexual partners. The same fans who pay money each week to scream at children on national television. The same fans who were angry over a group of black men being happy and friendly instead of militant. The same fans who look at everything with behind the scenes sub-text so they can convince themselves what they're watching is more than a kid's show inline with Power Rangers or TMNT. This, in turn, forces WWE to write stories that can work for the smart and common fan, ultimately failing to please either. The only way to be successful is to pick one or the other. History has shown what happens when companies focuses on the smart fan.

Top Bottom