• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Browny

Banned
It's Friday?

May this shite week of work not live in the memory. I need a weekend of Shadowrun Hong Kong and G1 (of which I've watched nothing, for shame).

okay fuck it i love this neville/amell/stardust/barrett feud

THE COSMIC KING and THE PRINCE OF DARK MATTER, suuuuuuuuch a comic book story and i'm totally in

I hope supporting THE COSMIC KING doesn't lead to a banning but that Raw promo got me hyped. Its the match I'm looking forward to the most.

Entropia

No One Remembers

That's us trying to shake Vinny Mac's hand.

Also, Triple H seriously didn't want Amell wrestling at Summerslam??? Is he jealous because he's actually a good actor? I thought Triple H would be all over this because it's a great cross-over from a fairly popular mainstream actor/character.

OctoMan

Banned
That's us trying to shake Vinny Mac's hand.

Also, Triple H seriously didn't want Amell wrestling at Summerslam??? Is he jealous because he's actually a good actor? I thought Triple H would be all over this because it's a great cross-over from a fairly popular mainstream actor/character.
I imagine he wanted him as a manager for Neville instead? That's where I thought they would go with it.

Zach

Any of you guys super excited for MGS V? I can't remember if any of you still follow and love the series. This may be the last game I'm ever giddily excited for...

As I've never had a Playstation until this gen, not really, as I still haven't played Snake Eater yet. Finished both Twin Snakes and MGS 2.

I hope its good but the sound of a super sized peace walker and base management and all that sim shit is super unappealing to me. I get that they need to show that Big Boss is such a legendary soldier and leader, but guess I just want old-fashioned wetworks out of the game :\

Zach

Did you enjoy them? And duuude, Snake Eater is incredible.

But yeah, I'll probably talk about Metal Gear in here a lot over the next few weeks, as I'm terrified of entering any MGS threads...

Aiii

So not worth it
Any of you guys super excited for MGS V? I can't remember if any of you still follow and love the series. This may be the last game I'm ever giddily excited for...

I've played and finished every MGS game in a single weekend after I got it so far. I literally play all day and night. So yeah, I'm pretty hyped.

However, I'm not as hyped as I was for the other games, solely because of Hayter not doing Snake's voice. It just irks me too much that they're changing such an iconic voice for no reason other than "big name actor". I also give no shits about 24, so that helps.

Still hoping Kiefer plays a clone or Solid Snake shows up midway through the story and is voiced by Hayter. Come on Kojima, swerve me.

Zach

I've played and finished every MGS game in a single weekend after I got it so far. I literally play all day and night. So yeah, I'm pretty hyped.

However, I'm not as hyped as I was for the other games, solely because of Hayter not doing Snake's voice. It just irks me too much that they're changing such an iconic voice for no reason other than "big name actor". I also give no shits about 24, so that helps.

Still hoping Kiefer plays a clone or Solid Snake shows up midway through the story and is voiced by Hayter. Come on Kojima, swerve me.
I'm hoping for all kinds of swerves. Mostly I hope for a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Mad Max looks fun, Bootaaaaaaaaay. I look forward to the response after release.

Did you enjoy them? And duuude, Snake Eater is incredible.

But yeah, I'll probably talk about Metal Gear in here a lot over the next few weeks, as I'm terrified of entering any MGS threads...

I really did yeah. It's a time issue more than anything I guess, my backlog is big as it is, I've got the HD Collection so it'd be Snake Eater is a decent chuck of time, then I've got to source a PS3 and MGS4, then MGS 5 itself, and that's ignoring Peace Walker entirely.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would have said I have no interest in MGS5 had Ground Zeroes not been excellent. I'm back on board.

MGS4 is garbage, and people who like Raiden from there or Revengeance really need to go fuck themselves.

DMczaf

I would have said I have no interest in MGS5 had Ground Zeroes not been excellent. I'm back on board.

MGS4 is garbage, and people who like Raiden from there or Revengeance really need to go fuck themselves.

But he's so cool now! He's a cyborg ninja badass!!!! IM 12 YEARS OLD!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you're really missing out on a great game if you stop yourself because of that, Revengance is incredible

MGS 4 was also good idgaf

I played it, felt nothing. I guess I'm too old

RP912

Banned
MGS 4 was good for what it was...a tech demo to test out the PS3 engine. It had so many good moments, but looking back at the game it felt like somebody was pushing me like a toddler to a classroom.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MGS 4 was good for what it was...a tech demo to test out the PS3 engine. It had so many good moments, but looking back at the game it felt like somebody was pushing me like a toddler to a classroom.

the "good moments" are whenever you're allowed to play the game instead of watching four feature-length films with shitty acting and a terrrrrible story.

When I was allowed to play the game is was dope. But then diarrhea all over whenever they'd show you a movie.

imBask

Banned
the "good moments" are whenever you're allowed to play the game instead of watching four feature-length films with shitty acting and a terrrrrible story.

When I was allowed to play the game is was dope. But then diarrhea all over whenever they'd show you a movie.

you're blinded by nostalgia then... I played all of MGS 2, 3 and 4 for the first time this year, they're all equally dumb and poorly acted, but that's 100% what makes the charm of these games... Kojima is batshit insane

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you're blinded by nostalgia then... I played all of MGS 2, 3 and 4 for the first time this year, they're all equally dumb and poorly acted, but that's 100% what makes the charm of these games... Kojima is batshit insane

I dunno, MGS3 has long stretches of actually playing. The movies were also dogshit but at least 3 had a good story to tell. I can't say 4 did at all...

2 was incomprehensible trash, but also had good stretches of gameplay, and VR missions as well.

RP912

Banned

I dunno, the movies compliment the 1 hour of gameplay very well. I swear that game had the most slept on bosses of any MGS game. Screaming Mantis though :D...plus a cameo from
Psycho Mantis
where he loses his shit if you have a bum ass non dual shock controller. The PS3 was dope despite being a slow sluggish piece of shit.

imBask

Banned
but... peace walker IS trash, the controls are atrocious, the mission structure sucks, the cinematics are in anime bullshit

cmon

miserable

I loved Revengeance.Didn't play it when it came out, only a year later and thought to myself "how the hell did i miss this game?".I don't care for the character Raiden, but the game is awesome with balls to the wall combat, rocking music and insane boss fights.I replayed it many times, still have it installed on my pc.And Senator Armstrong is definitely a Fave Five final boss.

RP912

Banned
Smh now Peace Walker is trash...too early for this shit :(

I blame it on Friday, people are losing their minds. MGS 2 is obviously the worst game out of the series.

Top Bottom