• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Sephzilla

Yeah, the other Raiden isn't pandering at all

MGS4/Revengeance Raiden at least panders to an audience that actually exists. Nobody wants girly looking vanilla midget like MGS2 Raiden running the Metal Gear franchise. MGS2 Raiden was also made for the express purpose of pandering.

I blame it on Friday, people are losing their minds. MGS 2 is obviously the worst game out of the series.

If we dont count Portable Ops and Snakes Revenge then yes, MGS2 is the worst one

Christ, I can't escape Metal Gear. I'm glad Konami is burning it into the ground. Hail the Yakuza for using Konami as a money laundering operation.

RP912

Banned
MGS4/Revengeance Raiden at least panders to an audience that actually exists. Nobody wants girly looking vanilla midget like MGS2 Raiden running the Metal Gear franchise. MGS2 Raiden was also made for the express purpose of pandering.

If we dont count Portable Ops and Snakes Revenge then yes, MGS2 is the worst one

:( but Portable Ops was the bees knees man. It made the PSP worth something besides being a Lumines machine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno friends, Ac!d and Ac!d 2 was the best Metal Gear

Fox318

Rkaqc03.jpg

Sephzilla

:( but Portable Ops was the bees knees man. It made the PSP worth something besides being a Lumines machine.

The portable God of War games are what made the PSP worth it.

On that note, goddamnit Sony dropped the brass rings with the Vita. All anyone wanted was just a dual analog stick PSP with more power and Sony went and did a bunch of double touchscreen bullshit nobody wanted. SMH

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

On that note, goddamnit Sony dropped the brass rings with the Vita. All anyone wanted was just a dual analog stick PSP with more power and Sony went and did a bunch of double touchscreen bullshit nobody wanted. SMH

It's still alive and well from what I see on Gaming-side

Sephzilla

The only think Metal Gear I'll be interested in any more is Rising though. Revengeance was the freshest thing to happen to the franchise since the first Metal Gear Solid and it's the only part of Metal Gear that can truly survive without Kojima.

It's still alive and well from what I see on Gaming-side

Real talk - I would really like to own a Vita but FFS it has no games. The thing I'd use the Vita for the most is playing PS4 games while I'm taking a dump

RP912

Banned
I dunno friends, Ac!d and Ac!d 2 was the best Metal Gear

I heard that those games were good...shame I can't play them on the Vita :(. Sony come on and get your shit together.

True...The first time I played COO, it was amazing. Those graphics on a handheld blew my damn mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk - I would really like to own a Vita but FFS it has no games. The thing I'd use the Vita for the most is playing PS4 games while I'm taking a dump

Honestly, you have Spelunky and La-Mulana on it. That's reason enough to own it. Spelunky is absolutely a perfect game in every respect.

Sephzilla

TFW you realize you havent played Spelunky yet. I'll have to get that game at some point later, cuz I know I won't have time to play it right now because Mad Max and Mario Maker are coming.

imBask

Banned
Spelunky is on every console, and the resolution is weird on Vita... I like it way more on PC

The Vita is the biggest bummer of all time, it's such a great piece of hardware

RP912

Banned
Spelunky is all that I play on the Vita. It became my personal Spelunky machine that does web browsing as well. It really stings that Sony just said fuck it to the handheld because it's really a good system. It just needs love.

I use my Vita for Spelunky, 1001 Spikes, and Binding of Isaac. Both games work well in chunks. Because I am one of the poors, I also play MLB 15 The Show on it.

I also played Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, a visual novel, on the Vita. It's got some dubious character choices regarding its female characters, and you really need to play the previous game, 999, on the DS or iOS to really appreciate it. Steins;Gate is out next week on PS3 and Vita, and it's hailed as one of the finest visual novels created.

I also use it for playing PSP or PS1 games. The Vita is my Suikoden and Tactics Ogre machine.

Zach

I dunno, MGS3 has long stretches of actually playing. The movies were also dogshit but at least 3 had a good story to tell. I can't say 4 did at all...

2 was incomprehensible trash, but also had good stretches of gameplay, and VR missions as well.

Incomprehensible trash if you're dumb.

Sick burn!

Just kidding. My feelings are just hurt because of you yelling at me for liking all of the games. v_v

(I still don't think it's incomprehensible trash, though...)

Spelunky is on every console, and the resolution is weird on Vita... I like it way more on PC

The Vita is the biggest bummer of all time, it's such a great piece of hardware

Spelunky on Vita also has some annoying slowdown in the ice level when there's a yeti knocking things down.

imBask

Banned
I love spelunky but my jam is and always will be Binding of Isaac

300h in the first one
200h in the second one and counting
send help

Zach

Yup. Almost 2700 deaths strong with almost 100 completions, so I don't want to calculate how much I've played it at this point.

I have yet to complete Speedlunky.

My son and I played like crazy on PS4 when it first released, but never even beat the game. Heh. We only made it to the end two or three times and quickly died. Still fun, though.

The Ac!d games being forgotten by Konami / Kojima is a damn shame. They where great.

I would love to replay those on Vita but nope. Not even available on PSN.

Watched Andre vs Gorilla Monsoon in a boxing match from Puerto Rico, 1977. It was an outdoor show right after a tropical storm and everything was soaked, ridiculous match but a ton of fun, especially for Lord Al laughing himself silly on commentary.

187qZpj.gif
azyMhG3.gif

Nakumora over Brock at mania 33 in Wembley

Book it

A Japanese guy in the main event's one thing, but a WM in England? Crazy talk. Mania weekend in London would be pretty crazy, though! RevPro & NJPW in York Hall, PROGRESS at the Electric Ballroom, ICW at the KoKo. Better than US Mania weekend :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Andre vs Gorilla Monsoon in a boxing match from Puerto Rico, 1977. It was an outdoor show right after a tropical storm and everything was soaked, ridiculous match but a ton of fun, especially for Lord Al laughing himself silly on commentary.

187qZpj.gif
azyMhG3.gif

Wow, that is some hilarious and weird shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#ThankYouBootaaay

The more of these I see, the more I'm convinced they were made for people to say "fuck you I'm fat and lazy. fuck you. feed me more"

dbEpeV6.jpg

dXKJQzw.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MGS 4 is awesome. It is the classic internet nerds hating on shit for the sake of hating on shit. Same with the people who hate FFXII.

12? Why would someone hate FF12 besides its useless main character that wasn't even supposed to be the main character?

Cagey

Banned
MGS 4 is awesome. It is the classic internet nerds hating on shit for the sake of hating on shit. Same with the people who hate FFXII.

12? Why would someone hate FF12 besides its useless main character that wasn't even supposed to be the main character?

Because FF12 is shit aimed at shitty MMO-loving shit ass western RPG gamers.

I'm in the middle of a replay now, it's only the second time I've ever played -- first being on launch. It's been long enough to where I don't remember most of the game. I'm not liking anything I come across.

Thank god for turbo button.

Top Bottom