• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Menome

It's a day late, but I found one of the local promotion posters out in the wild today:

mToiByZ.jpg

RP912

Banned
Screw it I'm officially team EA. Dudes been on fire for the past year. They giving out freebies on Origin, made Madden cool again, and won E3. Evil empire my ass...

make some John Cena bars for your party!

Its just some rice crispy treats made with fruity pebbs intead of rice crispies. For extra cena-ness you can put some protein powder into the melted marshmallows and butter before throwing the pebbles in.

Screw it I'm officially team EA. Dudes been on fire for the past year. They giving out freebies on Origin, made Madden cool again, and won E3. Evil empire my ass...

I"m also enjoying good guy EA: EA Access is amazing.

Hope they try to do another Dead Space :$

RP912

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;176124138 said:
make some John Cena bars for your party!

Its just some rice crispy treats made with fruity pebbs intead of rice crispies. For extra cena-ness you can put some protein powder into the melted marshmallows and butter before throwing the pebbles in.

I"m also enjoying good guy EA: EA Access is amazing.

Hope they try to do another Dead Space :$

Same here...Although I wish EA Access was on PC :(. I don't have money for current gen consoles.

is this years madden actually good?

I heard good things about it. Last years was pretty good.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

Yep I've played about 6 hours. It's better than ever. I loved last years Madden too so take that for what it's worth. New passing mechanics and defensive playmaking while trying to break up or intercept passes is fucking awesome and a great addition.

Sephzilla

I heard good things about it. Last years was pretty good.

Yep I've played about 6 hours. It's better than ever. I loved last years Madden too so take that for what it's worth. New passing mechanics and defensive playmaking while trying to break up or intercept passes is fucking awesome and a great addition.

c8Ene56.gif

Do defensive backs still make ridiculous interceptions/deflections? One of my turnoffs with the more recent Maddens is that defensive backs will drop wide open easy INTs but will somehow make diving over the shoulder interceptions when my receiver has the guy beat.

imBask

Banned

I haven't played madden in years, what changed in the past 4-5 years?

Lan Dong Mik

c8Ene56.gif

Do defensive backs still make ridiculous interceptions/deflections? One of my turnoffs with the more recent Maddens is that defensive backs will drop wide open easy INTs but will somehow make diving over the shoulder interceptions when my receiver has the guy beat.

Nothing too crazy from what I've seen but it's Madden there's eventually going to be some crazy ass INT that shouldn't have happened but the best thing about the new DBs is their ability to actually go for a deflection and break up passes and the animation looks great. Sometimes they'll swat that shit up in the air to try and get another DB to intercept it though there was one instance where I did that and my db should have had an easy deflection INT but he dropped it. I was pissed lol.

Sephzilla

Nothing too crazy from what I've seen but it's Madden there's eventually going to be some crazy ass INT that shouldn't have happened but the best thing about the new DBs is their ability to actually go for a deflection and break up passes and the animation looks great. Sometimes they'll swat that shit up in the air to try and get another DB to intercept it though there was one instance where I did that and my db should have had an easy deflection INT but he dropped it. I was pissed lol.

hmmm. maybe i should pick up Madden 16. at the very least it will be a holdover until Mad Max and Mario maker.

or maybe i should wait and buy WWE 2k16...

ws3iROb.gif

Lan Dong Mik

I haven't played madden in years, what changed in the past 4-5 years?

Oh man if you haven't played it in 5 years I think you'd be pretty surprised by all the changes. This years changes are probably the biggest. There's options to throw a low pass, high pass, lob, bullet by holding down shoulder buttons. Receivers can go for possession catches, agressive catches or RAC catches and the button prompt comes above the WRs head so you know which type of catch to go for. It's pretty great but it's definitely not OP either. Running the ball is actually really tough for me this year so I'm still trying to get better at that but you can hold RB to make your running back go sideways to get through the hole easier. A bunch of other shit I'm probably forgetting but those are some of the major changes.

Sephzilla

Oh man if you haven't played it in 5 years I think you'd be pretty surprised by all the changes. This years changes are probably the biggest. There's options to throw a low pass, high pass, lob, bullet by holding down shoulder buttons. Receivers can go for possession catches, agressive catches or RAC catches and the button prompt comes above the WRs head so you know which type of catch to go for. It's pretty great but it's definitely not OP either. Running the ball is actually really tough for me this year so I'm still trying to get better at that but you can hold RB to make your running back go sideways to get through the hole easier. A bunch of other shit I'm probably forgetting but those are some of the major changes.

fuck. you might have sold me on it

imBask

Banned

don't know if I really feel like dropping a $79.99 for it a month before NHL 16 comes out and 2 week before MGS V :S i'll think about it, you sold it well

Lan Dong Mik

don't know if I really feel like dropping a $79.99 for it a month before NHL 16 comes out and 2 week before MGS V :S i'll think about it, you sold it well

Yeah I hear ya there shit I'm gonna have to trade stuff to get it once my EA early access time runs out. Going to be an expensive next few weeks with MGS, Madden, NHL, and Until Dawn all coming out

RP912

Banned
After what EA did to Madden this year and the UFC game....I'm feeling some type of way that 2K ended up being the publisher for WWE games :(. Sighs......

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'm really enjoying it, usually I don't feel strongly enough to pick it up or even rent, but I played a good amount of 15 (thanks EA Access Vault) and 16 feels like a big step up (thanks again EA Access for giving me 10 hours to try it out before release)

jmdajr

I'm really enjoying it, usually I don't feel strongly enough to pick it up or even rent, but I played a good amount of 15 (thanks EA Access Vault) and 16 feels like a big step up (thanks again EA Access for giving me 10 hours to try it out before release)

Eh. You like NFL?

I love the NFL, yet don't give a fuck about the videogame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eh. You like NFL?

I love the NFL, yet don't give a fuck about the videogame.

I used to really like NFL. Then I lost all my free time and can't keep up. I will always watch a football game if it's on.

So yeah, I highly recommend it so far.

Just saw that stephen amell facebook vid. really cool, think HHH is right that he isn't going to draw much ticket sales but he's really playing the part well. Maybe he'll get some teenage girls to sign up for the network~

Top Bottom