• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

JTripper

Just watched part of an attitude era episode that wasn't bookmarked on the network, which usually means the company chooses to ignore any affiliation with a certain subject. It was when Undertaker popped out of a casket and pulled Shawn Michaels in with him. Was it the casket itself that WWE chooses to ignore for being too "adult themed"?

Zach

We talking football in here? I prefer college (OU, OSU, TU), but have rooted for the Raiders my entire life for no apparent reason. The last time they won a Super Bowl was shortly before I was born. : (

I'm not, I'm...gonna need to see more footage.

Have they faced the Young Backs yet?

Nope, I did suggest it on twitter earlier. Hopefully someone books it!

They're like the living embodiment of a Kevin Nash shoot interview where he runs down the smarks for criticising him for not doing a bunch of crazy moves or taking big bumps, etc. For The GZRS, winning and losing doesn't happen in the ring, it happens at the merch table :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We talking football in here? I prefer college (OU, OSU, TU), but have rooted for the Raiders my entire life for no apparent reason. The last time they won a Super Bowl was shortly before I was born. : (

Holy Roller? Fuck the Raiders man. Cheating assholes.

Fox318

At least you didn't live through this

jfhVzdT.gif

OctoMan

Banned
If they think they're getting a baday deal, they can go back to working for 20 bucks and a hot dog at the local high school gym.

Sephzilla

Halfway into the newer Robocop movie and it...is surprisingly reverent to the previous movies. Really respectful.

Wait until the second half starts, that's where the wheels really fall off. I actually like the first half of the movie but the second half feels like it devolves into a generic piece of crap.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait until the second half starts, that's where the wheels really fall off. I actually like the first half of the movie but the second half feels like it devolves into a generic piece of crap.

Almost done with it. Seems fine. Robo's biggest problem is that he's overworked, that's all - not unlike Superman. Too much responsibility.

Sephzilla

Almost done with it. Seems fine. Robo's biggest problem is that he's overworked, that's all - not unlike Superman. Too much responsibility.

The main issues I have with the movie are that the bad guys make a bunch of idiotic decisions that have no purpose other than to give Robo a reason to get pissed at them later in the movie (Michael Keaton becomes a completely unnecessary villain), and the movie is just too goddamn SAWFT. I didn't hate the RoboCop reboot (in fact I'd say it was okay) but it felt like it didn't realize a ton of its potential. At the worst it's forgettable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The main issues I have with the movie are that the bad guys make a bunch of idiotic decisions that have no purpose other than to give Robo a reason to get pissed at them later in the movie (Michael Keaton becomes a completely unnecessary villain), and the movie is just too goddamn SAWFT. I didn't hate the RoboCop reboot (in fact I'd say it was okay) but it felt like it didn't realize a ton of its potential. At the worst it's forgettable.

Around the midway point when he got his wipe, I was kind of hoping that they'd do something new, and just abandon him and he'd have to try to figure out how to live on his own. That would have been pretty dope.

Sephzilla

Around the midway point when he got his wipe, I was kind of hoping that they'd do something new, and just abandon him and he'd have to try to figure out how to live on his own. That would have been pretty dope.

I like that idea. Considering a core part of the original is Robo rediscovering his life as Alex Murphy, your idea would have been a neat twist on the premise of that.

Also, I hate the all black RoboCop suit in that movie because it looks cheap and bad but the metallic suit that he has at first and at the end of the movie was dope.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I finally knocked off Watch Dogs from my backlog.

Boy. I'm not 100%, but that might be the worst storyline and the worst characters I've ever witnessed in a video game. And that says a lot. It definitely is of those in recent memory.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally knocked off Watch Dogs from my backlog.

Boy. I'm not 100%, but that might be the worst storyline and the worst characters I've ever witnessed in a video game. And that says a lot. It definitely is of those in recent memory.

You can always just like, walk away from the game. I don't think you needed to finish it, heh

Top Bottom