• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok fine i'll get it. Also I didnt know Sunny was a football guy

Pittsburgh because it's my hometown, Denver as a kid due to Elway being the greatest QB of all time. Still got a soft spot for Denver just because, but Ultimate Denver was probably 1990, Reeves and Elway...

zTlhsQP.jpg

Sephzilla

Pittsburgh because it's my hometown, Denver as a kid due to Elway being the greatest QB of all time. Still got a soft spot for Denver just because, but Ultimate Denver was probably 1990, Reeves and Elway...

I can respect the fuck out of rooting for those two teams. I'm a Packer fan because I live in Wisconsin, plus they have two of my all time favorite QBs (Favre and Rodgers). Thankfully I'm not taht salty anymore about Elway beating Green Bay in Super Bowl 32.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can respect the fuck out of rooting for those two teams. I'm a Packer fan because I live in Wisconsin, plus they have two of my all time favorite QBs (Favre and Rodgers). Thankfully I'm not taht salty anymore about Elway beating Green Bay in Super Bowl 32.

This is because Favre ended up showing what a fucking cunt he was by soiling his legacy at the end. Fucking shameful.

imBask

Banned
I have a really hard time enjoying football for 2 reasons

1- i'm from Montreal and I have no proxy team to cheer for (I can root for the Jays in baseball, etc)
2- Football is the only sport with more ads than WWE, it's unbearable

Sephzilla

This is because Favre ended up showing what a fucking cunt he was by soiling his legacy at the end. Fucking shameful.

Honestly, seeing it fairly first hand here, the Green Bay front office was also at fault because they were basically trying to rush Favre along in the decision making process, and then when Favre changed his mind and said he wanted to play again they had the audacity to tell a Hall of Famer that he needed to earn his job back after he helped carry them to an NFC Championship game. I don't blame Favre for going to the Vikings eventually because I'd probably want to stick it to my old boss too if I thought I got a raw deal, plus his Vikings beat the Packers in a year the Packers werent going to do shit anyway.

Even though the end result was Rodgers (who is better than Favre), I still think the decision to trade Favre away was a bad one simply because trading away your best player at the time when you're a game away from a Super Bowl is stupid as fuck. The Packers coach and GM collectively lucked the fuck out with Rodgers.

jmdajr

I would like to thank Wisconsin for this man

220px-JJ_Watt.JPG

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;176129967 said:
how about new york jet favre :|

Favre was good for his one year as a Jet. He was the consensus MVP of the league halfway through that season, then he tore a tendon in his bicep and the team went down when he went down. Honestly, Favre was an MVP caliber quarterback 3 out of the last 4 years of his career (last season with GB, one year w/ Jets, first year with Vikings)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will echo the sentiments of Sunny. New Madden is pretty good. Better than last year's, which I enjoyed.

I am staying the fuck away from Ultimate Team though...that's a can of worms I ain't ready for.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If it's one night only, there's really no reason not to get Liger's New Japan theme.

Probably the same rationale they're going to use when they decide to run with Steamboat's theme. Preparing for the worst.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Madden 16 worth pre-ordering? I am always hoping for an ultimate edition like the one a few years ago that gave you NFL Sunday Ticket as well. :D

Fox318

Favre was good for his one year as a Jet. He was the consensus MVP of the league halfway through that season, then he tore a tendon in his bicep and the team went down when he went down. Honestly, Favre was an MVP caliber quarterback 3 out of the last 4 years of his career (last season with GB, one year w/ Jets, first year with Vikings)

he had the best thursday night game I've ever seen with him vs the pats

The issue with themes in NJPW is because Japanese copyright law means they have to pay per-use, rather than agreeing to licence the theme - therefore, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for WWE to get Ikari no Jushin for a one-time appearance.

RP912

Banned
Could NJPW just recreate copyright themes like Liger's theme? It seems weird when every match involving Liger always have a long mute because of his anime theme.

miserable

The issue with themes in NJPW is because Japanese copyright law means they have to pay per-use, rather than agreeing to licence the theme - therefore, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for WWE to get Ikari no Jushin for a one-time appearance.

so what's the deal with the themes being muted or dubbed on the broadcast? i mean if they play the them at the arena, it means it's paid for no?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so what's the deal with the themes being muted or dubbed on the broadcast? i mean if they play the them at the arena, it means it's paid for no?

Broadcast rights are completely seperate set of rules. It's why WK9 English live had the proper themes but the recorded version on NJPW World didn't.

miserable

Broadcast rights are completely seperate set of rules. It's why WK9 English live had the proper themes but the recorded version on NJPW World didn't.

Ok, but why can't the live broadcast have the theme? that's one time only, then when they put the recording on NJPW World, or release the DVD or whatever they can dub or mute it there

You guys on board the Geeze Train yet? Vince Russo called them, and I quote, "the future of wrestling" - and for good reason;

SOIrliH.gif

FQezuPK.gif

uksNt7I.gif

Could NJPW just recreate copyright themes like Liger's theme? It seems weird when every match involving Liger always have a long mute because of his anime theme.

They have the dubbed themes they sometimes use, but given how drastically different they can be from the original's I'm guessing it wouldn't be OK to use a cheap knock-off version.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeah, Pinball Arcade Season 5 is up. BOUGHT. Can't wait to see what shows up.

You guys on board the Geeze Train yet? Vince Russo called them, and I quote, "the future of wrestling" - and for good reason;

I'm not, I'm...gonna need to see more footage.

Have they faced the Young Backs yet?

Fox318

Yep. It easy to see why he doesn't want a guy Like Stephen Amell there and what he stands for.

It always is hilarious to me that Vince wants to be marketed as entertainment but is able to get around all of the other things in the entertainment business.

Its a shame Punk joined UFC because he would have been the perfect person to preach for wrestlers to have a union.

Hell I'm sure most of their partners would rather negotiate with a union for likeness purposes than do it person by person.

I guess the problem is right now Vince keeps the top guys placated by their deals and nobody is willing to stand up for the guys who are getting hurt the most.

They don't even have the PPV split anymore because of the network,

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Halfway into the newer Robocop movie and it...is surprisingly reverent to the previous movies. Really respectful.

Top Bottom