• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

HOLY SHIT they acknowledged Kana!??

WHAT

CNDxDjtWgAAQ-Fj.jpg

That's Kanna with 2 Ns.

I'm not familiar with PWI but do they do men and women separate from each other in rankings? and do they do that with matches as well..?

Man, I need to go back and re watch that women's match. It's so weird to say that a WOMEN'S match is my MOTY so far. Wish it wasn't.

I feel like there's no way Kana being there was a coincidence. We know they only bring these legends out there for a minute to be on-screen then they bring them back to the back. Why highlight Kana when she's nowhere near the mainstream name as all the others they showed?

As far as I know she has been on a hiatus from wrestling since earlier in the summer.

Nah, she announced earlier in the summer she was going to be taking a hiatus from wrestling. Pursuing other things starting sometime in September (having one or two last matches before the indefinite break)

somedevil

As far as I know she has been on a hiatus from wrestling since earlier in the summer.

Its weird she shows up in America on NXT next to ric flair.

Its just funny she announced her leave when WWE was in town as well. Plus it kinda reminds me of the whole Kenta thing when he did a tryout while still with Noah and then downplayed it like it was just him training.

Zach

My lady friend who I've made into a casual fan cried after Bayley won and her girlz were celebrating with her. Pretty sure it was Sasha coming in that broke her. Haha...

Nakamura seems to be feeling the effects of the G1. Seemed a little slower. Love that he compensating by using the seminar as a finsher.

Meanwhile roddy dumped Okada into the front row.

Having a awesome women's match and then doing a 9 person cluster seems like a backwards was move.

I'd imagine it's a reaction to pressure in social media that's set up to fail so that they can say it will never work. Though given how awful the entirety of the product has been over the past year or so it's also possible that they've got no idea what they're doing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched Takeover with some casuals. I always love these scenarios because I like seeing what people think of the product without knowing anything. Some notes:

Laughed at Balor's ab paint, that he clearly doesn't need
Unimpressed with Balor's entrance
Asked why Owens has all this fight stuff when it was obvious he was never in MMA
Bayley/Sasha went too long
Baron Corbin was a huge hit, a couple teenagers were watching and conveyed this to the max
Apollo Crews is a buff Kevin Hart

That's about it

Great match between Sasha & Bayley, but I'm seeing some crazy hyperbole about it already. I think it's a good example of a match where the story and emotion heading into the match help cover the flaws, not that there were terribly many.

JTripper

I watched Takeover with some casuals. I always love these scenarios because I like seeing what people think of the product without knowing anything. Some notes:

Laughed at Balor's ab paint, that he clearly doesn't need
Unimpressed with Balor's entrance
Asked why Owens has all this fight stuff when it was obvious he was never in MMA
Bayley/Sasha went too long
Baron Corbin was a huge hit, a couple teenagers were watching and conveyed this to the max
Apollo Crews is a buff Kevin Hart

That's about it

lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great match between Sasha & Bayley, but I'm seeing some crazy hyperbole about it already. I think it's a good example of a match where the story and emotion heading into the match help cover the flaws, not that there were terribly many.
The story itself was really excellent. And the payoff was right on.

I'd imagine it's a reaction to pressure in social media that's set up to fail so that they can say it will never work. Though given how awful the entirety of the product has been over the past year or so it's also possible that they've got no idea what they're doing.

It's not that at all actually. Hunter and Steph are the ones who are really pushing that the women get a better spot, and it's obvious they want it to succeed and know how to get it there. It's just trying to wrestle that into the heads of Vince and his dumbass rat assistant.

Ithil

The push of women's wrestling in NXT was ideally done over a long period, really. They just started putting them in the number two match at the Takeover shows, then they started promoting them as a secondary main event with a lot of build, as well as making the matches get continuously better in quality, and now they're billing it as a double main event like Wrestlemania 8.

But I mean it all started with them just taking a chance and putting them in the number two spot. It might be a gradual progression of importance, but it starts with a big jump forward, not the baby half step the "Divas Revolution" has been so far.

Heroman

Banned
The push of women's wrestling in NXT was ideally done over a long period, really. They just started putting them in the number two match at the Takeover shows, then they started promoting them as a secondary main event with a lot of build, as well as making the matches get continuously better in quality, and now they're billing it as a double main event like Wrestlemania 8.

But I mean it all started with them just taking a chance and putting them in the number two spot. It might be a gradual progression of importance, but it starts with a big jump forward, not the baby half step the "Divas Revolution" has been so far.
The reason why it works in nxt so good is that nxt is small unlike the main roster, which there is so many other going on that the diva don't get s time to shine.

The reason why it works in nxt so good is that nxt is small unlike the main roster, which there is so many other going on that the diva don't get s time to shine.

That's a dumb theory. That's like saying there's so much going on that Cena or Brock or Seth don't shine. With enough proper treatment and push, anything can shine.

Top Bottom