• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The reason why NXT has less issues booking wise is because they only have one hour of TV a week to fill. There are no forced match ups not according to plan, no surprises that will devalue wrestlers by having to job to people who can't lose.

Honestly it's the one hour a week that makes it so good, for many reasons.

Ithil

The reason why it works in nxt so good is that nxt is small unlike the main roster, which there is so many other going on that the diva don't get s time to shine.

I don't buy that. They've got 6 hours of WWE TV a week and 27 writers. They could do exactly what NXT did for their women with ease.

Then again, they have 6 hours and half of it is recaps, product placement and other nonsense while a legion of neat promos and segments from up and down the roster are relegated to youtube, twitter or the app.

The reason why NXT has less issues booking wise is because they only have one hour of TV a week to fill. There are no forced match ups not according to plan, no surprises that will devalue wrestlers by having to job to people who can't lose.

Honestly it's the one hour a week that makes it so good, for many reasons.

NXT, LU, and early nitro

Maybe one hour is the ideal amount of time for a pro wrestling show.

At this stage they should probably just sign blue pants to a full time deal.

Give her a name. Have her be more of a character and act as a enhancement talent. Like the NXT womens Cesaro.

The full sail marks wont like not calling her blue pants but screw those drunks.

somedevil

I'm starting to get this mysterious feeling the NJPW/ROH relationship is slightly one sided.

Well according to Scott Hall, Tiger Hattori and other NJPW officials were in the back. This happens after the press conference. New Japan gives no fucks.

CNED0tXWcAAkEij.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
At this stage they should probably just sign blue pants to a full time deal.

Give her a name. Have her be more of a character and act as a enhancement talent. Like the NXT womens Cesaro.

The full sail marks wont like not calling her blue pants but screw those drunks.

Too late. It's Blue Pants. Now and forever. All we need now is Bob Barker to introduce her.

watched with lapsed fan roomie tonight:

-he remember Liger from WCW and thought it was weird he wasn't putting someone over but was okay with it.
-Thought the vaudevillains were stupid as hell but that they were good wrestlers
-liked the women's match a lot, was a fan of both
-also laughed about Balor's painted abs, didn't like balor, felt owens was also week and he used to go see Steen all the time.

I liked the special over all, the women's match was really great, good on 'em.

Ithil

Gedo was backstage at NXT, as was Tiger Hattori and the chairman of NJPW. This NXT/ROH/NJPW thing is so messy.

When New Japan is loyal to someone, they're very loyal. However, ROH is definitely not one of those.

See New Japan and CMLL, there's loyalty there, New Japan doesn't touch AAA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I will say I absolutely LOVED seeing how Gotch has improved. Those months off did him a world of good. He was fantastic tonight.

Iceman829

Anyone attending the NXT event. Was the fatal 4 way finish botch with Emma getting the win? It seemed like no one knew what was going on from where I was sitting.

nukedawg

Banned
I watched Takeover with some casuals. I always love these scenarios because I like seeing what people think of the product without knowing anything. Some notes:

Laughed at Balor's ab paint, that he clearly doesn't need
Unimpressed with Balor's entrance
Asked why Owens has all this fight stuff when it was obvious he was never in MMA
Bayley/Sasha went too long
Baron Corbin was a huge hit, a couple teenagers were watching and conveyed this to the max
Apollo Crews is a buff Kevin Hart

That's about it

Did they time travel from the late 80's? Was Corbin RAD to the max?

¡HarlequinPanic!;176248971 said:
I think aside from his droopy physique corbin looked great tonight. He sold like a million bucks for a lot of things and his video interview beforehand was solid

Yeah, you can tell it was Joe that did a good job making him look good though. Corbin still has a lot to improve but he's got the tools.

Ithil

I've rarely had an actual shocked reaction to a move but my hands went to the sides of my face at the avalanche reverse frankensteiner in the women's match. That's not even a move I would see men in the WWE take (Neville does it standing, but now from the top rope).

ghostmind

Kana signed with WWE?

Oh god the streams are crossing... I'm going to have to get the network again, aren't I?

(Feels like I missed out on tonight's NXT, though I could give a shit about Summerslam)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MAN GOD
ZACH
Steve Austin said:
The story mode is highly intriguing because it covers my career from start to finish. So you get to experience that and play through it. Experience a lot of my trials and tribulations along the way.
siren.gif~c200
STUNNING STEVE IS TOTALLY IN THIS THING
siren.gif~c200

Top Bottom