• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

There's some attractive female wrestlers in the CMLL.. I dvr'd a show from this week so i'm finally getting around to watch it. 12 woman battle royal.

jred2k

Hearing from some of my sourcez that the locker room is really looking to step up tomorrow and out perform NXT. Undertaker in particular was seen to be visibly shaken up about having to follow the Women's title match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hearing from some of my sourcez that the locker room is really looking to step up tomorrow and out perform NXT. Undertaker in particular was seen to be visibly shaken up about having to follow the Women's title match.
A real kick in the junk he was reported to say.

Hah, Nagata's kid won a toddler's wrestling tournament. Future IWGP Champion!

Hk5q5hv.jpg
Pfft, way too small. He'll never get to the big leagues looking like a healthy Daniel Bryan.

Fox318

Just got back. Show was fantastic.

Couple notes

Girl wearing short shorts was shaking her ass in my face the entire night. Her boyfriend looked ugly as sin.

A very Overweight Cena fan was screaming at Owens calling him fat

Couple of gay dudes behind me loved the shit outta breeze. One dude was screaming how much he wanted to suck him dry.

Sasha vs Bailey was amazing

Owens Bailor got fucked up with production issues and fans looking at another fan getting thrown out of the arena.

I like Corbin, dude could be something
Saw Ric flair, dude looked happy and was stylin

Tough enough cast walked by, Josh is a giant, Sarah lee is really cute, and zz isn't nearly as big as they make it seem on tv.

Crowd went apeshit for bluepants, the 8 person tag, and the women's match

Eva Marie has an uncoftable ammount of heat. I'm not a fan of the previous women's realty show based division but she's in devolpmental to improve. I felt sorry for her.

Arena is fantastic I had pretty good seats

I was sitting next to the snarkiest fans. Honestly I wouldn't mind if wwe started kicking people out. A few Benoit chants were started by these guys.

The atmosphere entering the arena was nuts. Tons of new day chants and other wrestling chants. People kept commenting on my cesaro shirt.

Anyone attending the NXT event. Was the fatal 4 way finish botch with Emma getting the win? It seemed like no one knew what was going on from where I was sitting.

I'm sure it was a botch. Even Emma looked shocked and you can tell in the replay that Drake's hand didn't hit the mat for 3 before he rang the bell like "fuck it".

Lynch even had the "I fucked up" face

Ok wrasslebros, is NXT worth it for $9.99 a month? I doubt I'll watch much of the "main" WWE shows.

It's been a bit rough lately due to so much talent going to the main roster but this month was great since it had the quarterly special.

In any case the first month is free, once it's up you'd have enough of an idea of how much value you'd get going forward

(also seems like they are getting more archive stuff up finally)

I'm sure it was a botch. Even Emma looked shocked and you can tell in the replay that Drake's hand didn't hit the mat for 3 before he rang the bell like "fuck it".

Lynch even had the "I fucked up" face

Any chance of a rundown on what happened/was meant to happen? It was taped for a future episode so I assume they could edit it however they need.

I really love how big the arena looked, without looking like it was mainstream or too indie

NXT seems to be a very good alternative, and I sort of wonder if this will come crashing down once the last few guys get called up.

I would much rather see guys like Barrett, Harper, Cesaro, and Bryan down in NXT, and on these Takeover cards.

I really love how big the arena looked, without looking like it was mainstream or too indie

NXT seems to be a very good alternative, and I sort of wonder if this will come crashing down once the last few guys get called up.

I would much rather see guys like Barrett, Harper, Cesaro, and Bryan down in NXT, and on these Takeover cards.

I think that there will always be new talent to go get. Crews just debuted tonight, and he'll be a big player going forward. Itami's injury delayed his big run, so he's still got that ahead. There are still guys out in the indies/ROH that they can go get. They'll be fine.

I think that there will always be new talent to go get. Crews just debuted tonight, and he'll be a big player going forward. Itami's injury delayed his big run, so he's still got that ahead. There are still guys out in the indies/ROH that they can go get. They'll be fine.

It's going to be interesting to see going forward. There has to be a pace with new talent, call ups, and room on the main roster.

But instead, why not use NXT to create their own in-universe feuds and matches that utilize great WWE talent, and that is also away from the nonsense politics, last minute booking, etc?

Cesaro and Kidd were both on NXT and did pretty great. More of that with guys who aren't being maximized on Raw could be wonderful for NXT.

I just feel like Triple H really knows what he's doing, yet Raw is so bizarre with the crazy booking, multiple writers, and other political stuff.

It's going to be interesting to see going forward. There has to be a pace with new talent, call ups, and room on the main roster.

But instead, why not use NXT to create their own in-universe feuds and matches that utilize great WWE talent, and that is also away from the nonsense politics, last minute booking, etc?

Cesaro and Kidd were both on NXT and did pretty great. More of that with guys who aren't being maximized on Raw could be wonderful for NXT.

I just feel like Triple H really knows what he's doing, yet Raw is so bizarre with the crazy booking, multiple writers, and other political stuff.

Oh I'd absolutely love to see more of the underutilized main roster guys in NXT, but I just don't think that will happen. NXT has to maintain some semblance of developmental, and unless it drops that premise completely, it has to be a majority of new guys.

Reminds me of the forgotten NXT on Hulu days when main roster guys were on NXT every week.

Remember when Antonio Cesaro defended the U.S. title against (I think) Adrian Neville? When Big Show defended the world heavyweight championship? Jinder Mahal almost becoming the first NXT champion?

They gotta put those episodes on the network.

KingBroly

Banned
I wonder what's going to happen with Zayn when he comes back. Will he be on the main roster or NXT? I'm assuming the main roster against Owens to "take his rightful spot back."

jred2k

I wonder what's going to happen with Zayn when he comes back. Will he be on the main roster or NXT? I'm assuming the main roster against Owens to "take his rightful spot back."

Zayn and Owens would get next to no time on the main roster right now. It's improving, but there still isn't a whole lot of NXT to main roster continuity. I imagine Sami will get a tune-up feud for the belt with Balor when he gets back. His return shouldn't be that far away, maybe at that Takeover in October.

Zayn and Owens would get next to no time on the main roster right now. It's improving, but there still isn't a whole lot of NXT to main roster continuity. I imagine Sami will get a tune-up feud for the belt with Balor when he gets back. His return shouldn't be that far away, maybe at that Takeover in October.

I think Zayn said a month ago his recovery time was another five to six months. October would be really early unless he flat out lied last month.

jred2k

I think Zayn said a month ago his recovery time was another five to six months. October would be really early unless he flat out lied last month.

Oh ok. When he first got injured I thought I heard the time table for his return as October or November. It would be nice if him and Itami are both back before the end of the year.

Bizazedo

Part of me would love to see Redragon, Lethal, or Roddy in WWE, but I love seeing them in RoH too and am afraid they'd fuck over O'Reilly due to his size.

Except for the women's match, though, NXT isn't as good as current ROH (imho anyways).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every so often I forget that WWE employs Mascarita Dorada and that he's a bull for a joke tag team that's on the same level as The Dicks and Gymini.

All the money they could make off him with the little kid market. And he's a mascot for the Gymini of the PG era
Gl3ze.gif

Fe6zi.gif

WWE isn't in the business of putting minis in serious matches with non-minis. And they aren't about to start a mini division. So they really have no way to push Mascarita.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He didn't exclusively wrestle minis in AAA either. They could push Lucha Dragons and put him with them as their third. I don't think Xavier Woods or Darren Young would refuse to bump for him. Just have him hit a couple spots as a valet or as a third every so often and get him a cool mask to sell to real young kids. He doesn't need to be featured every week.

I think WWE, for better or worse, views it as only slightly less ridiculous than putting women in against men. AAA was willing to make him look good at the expense of other guys. WWE isn't, no matter how small that expense would be, since I doubt the fans would really see it as a bad thing that Titus got beat up by a mini. Which makes one wonder why they signed him in the first place.

Mahonay

Banned
I think Sasha vs Bayley is my MOTY
Me too.

I can't remember ever having to try my hardest not to burst into tears while watching wrestling. From the moment Bayley won, to all 4 horsewomen together, nearly lost it. Big blubbering baby.

That match, Jesus Christ. Absolute masterful job by both Sasha and Bayley. I jumped out of my seat on multiple occasions. I didn't even know I was that invested in this match until it got going. The top rope poison rana at the end made me yell out loud "HOLY SHIIIIIIIT!" Pretty sure my neighbors heard me. Sasha is hands down one of the best wrestlers this year. She delivers every time she's asked to put on a showstopper.

Really enjoyed Breeze/Liger. Great opener and goofy in a perfect way. I feel like WWE should pull the trigger on Tyler soon and bring him up. The guy seems like he's already good to go to be plugged into the main roster.

Tye Dillinger really surprised me tonight. Love the new "perfect 10" gimmick he has going and he's really improved in the ring. Surprised me with the ring presence he showed considering what I've been used to seeing from him in NXT before. Nice to see Uhaa make his debut, he seemed hyped as fuck to be there tonight.

Vaudevillians/Blake & Murphy was wayyyyyy better than I imagined it would be. The Vaudevillians were absolutely amazing, I was never that hot on them but tonight turned me around in a big way. Also the pop for Blue Pants was fucking massive.

Also shocked with just how decent Joe/Corbin was. It seems like Joe must have really spent time prepping Corbin for this match because it was miles above any match he's done before. Money well spent on Samoa Joe if he's able to whip duds into something presentable.

Owens/Balor was great but you could tell the crowd was spent after just seeing Sasha vs Bayley. Also Owens now has to wrestle Cesaro tomorrow night in what will probably be a wrestling clinic? What a fucking champ if he pulls out a great match tomorrow.

HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE ENZO AND CASS ON THIS PPV? Ball dropped IMO. They should have been the opener, even if I liked Liger Vs Breeze. I know they had a dark match but fucking come on.

EDIT: I was also a huge fan of the presentation for tonight's show. The lighting was fantastic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I imagine the original plan for Dorada was to put him with Mysterio and Sin Cara until Sin Cara left for the ultimate mask merch table. Sin Cara was gone, Rey wanted to leave so Vince said, 'Fuck it, put him with the other Mexican guys'(you know, the Puerto Ricans) and that was that.

Hunicara is another gimmick that I think needs reworking. I think he's too slow and fucks up Kalistos flow. Not only that, but the Sin Cara look has always looked weird on him. He's too big for it, and I can't imagine the Sin Cara merch sells like it used to(or they'd be using him more). So they ought to rework him and put someone else with Kalisto.

Bizazedo

NXT puts on MUCH better tv every week though.
Production wise, most definitely. ROH still looks bush league, even compared to TNA.

Match wise? Last month or more of NXT has been jobber hell. It feels like I'm 7 and watching WWF on Saturday morning.

Me too.

That match, Jesus Christ. Absolute masterful job by both Sasha and Bayley. I jumped out of my seat on multiple occasions. I didn't even know I was that invested in this match until it got going. The top rope poison rana at the end made me yell out loud "HOLY SHIIIIIIIT!" Pretty sure my neighbors heard me. Sasha is hands down one of the best wrestlers this year. She delivers every time she's asked to put on a showstopper.

Tye Dillinger really surprised me tonight. Love the new "perfect 10" gimmick he has going and he's really improved in the ring. Surprised me with the ring presence he showed considering what I've been used to seeing from him in NXT before. Nice to see Uhaa make his debut, he seemed hyped as fuck to be there tonight.

Vaudevillians/Blake & Murphy was wayyyyyy better than I imagined it would be. The Vaudevillians were absolutely amazing, I was never that hot on them but tonight turned me around in a big way. Also the pop for Blue Pants was fucking massive.

Womens match was amazing. I was telling my buddy who went with me to ROH that the NXT guys were moving too slow in between spots / sequences compared to what I had seen the night before. I was getting bored (Vaudevillains impressed, though).

Womens match was great, though, no long pauses that made me get bored, good storytelling, high risk moves...great match.

Mahonay

Banned
I imagine the original plan for Dorada was to put him with Mysterio and Sin Cara until Sin Cara left for the ultimate mask merch table. Sin Cara was gone, Rey wanted to leave so Vince said, 'Fuck it, put him with the other Mexican guys'(you know, the Puerto Ricans) and that was that.

Hunicara is another gimmick that I think needs reworking. I think he's too slow and fucks up Kalistos flow. Not only that, but the Sin Cara look has always looked weird on him. He's too big for it, and I can't imagine the Sin Cara merch sells like it used to(or they'd be using him more). So they ought to rework him and put someone else with Kalisto.
I always felt Hunico has done amazingly well for having the Sin Cara gimmick just randomly dumped on him. It's still hilarious to watch him do the Lucha fist pumps when he has the absolute inability to look like he's even half way excited about anything ever.

Bizazedo

The word you are looking for is selling. I know that's a hard shift to see so much of it after watching an ROH show, but it has a purpose.

I know what selling is, thanks. Sasha and Bayley managed it and it wasn't boring, wow. And it wasn't just in between, it was even going for / executing the moves, they felt slower.

Top Bottom