• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

RP912

Banned
qG94CG4.gif

Cody is still greatness..

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince logic:

He is short
He is Mexican
He isn't white
He wears a mask
He can't wet his hair like Roman or Seth
Vince constantly thinks he is part of the catering crew like new day

I'm pretty sure you're projecting here.

Shame most of the ROH fans clearly haven't been keeping up with #BIGMIKE, must be demoralising to go from wrestling in front of a red hot Sumo Hall crowd to wrestling in a minor-league baseball park for mostly indifferent ROH fans.

1) his match was after the crazy 8-man tag and intermission.
2) he was back to being boring old Elgin. Guy needs a face turn and new theme.

Plus we have already seen hi. Wrestle, part of the reason he got over in Japan.

Also random note , they teased War Machine going after the GHC titles

Hey, I guess I should introduce myself. I'm kinda looking for somewhere to talk about wrestling, as everyplace seems to go to shit eventually. I look forward to becoming a regular here, I guess.

Bowser

BTW, it's insane that Owens just wrestled that match with those ladder spots last night and is going again in a one on one match tonight. I have no idea how he's pulling that off.

Sasha too, to an extent, although she's one of 9 in a match.

Fox318

I may be bias since the event is in NY but they should have Summerslam in the area more often

i5uUOoQ.jpg

They could run Red Bull arena if they want an outdoor space

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I guess I should introduce myself. I'm kinda looking for somewhere to talk about wrestling, as everyplace seems to go to shit eventually. I look forward to becoming a regular here, I guess.

Welcome. Let's hear your Fave Five. All-time.

Your initiation will require your opinion of Scott Steiner.

Very entertaining and had a very interesting arch in his career, where his in-ring ability and mic skills kinda swapped around. Rick and Scott murdering people as a tag team was amazing to watch, but I don't remember any of their promos. Then Scott turned into the genetic freak and his matches were shite, but him on a mic was gold.

All time five in no order:
Steve Austin.
Dean Malenko.
Mick Foley.
Katsuyori Shibata.
Chris Benoit.

Ithil

Very entertaining and had a very interesting arch in his career, where his in-ring ability and mic skills kinda swapped around. Rick and Scott murdering people as a tag team was amazing to watch, but I don't remember any of their promos. Then Scott turned into the genetic freak and his matches were shite, but him on a mic was gold.

I approve wholeheartedly.

Steve Austin.
Dean Malenko.
Mick Foley.
Katsuyori Shibata.
Chris Benoit.

giphy.gif

RP912

Banned
I find it weird that the last Summerslam that had an outside arena was 92, while Wrestlemania been on an outdoor kick for quite a while. It would make sense if Summerslam took place outdoors...since it's the summer....I dunno.

Maybe I'm overthinking it...

Steve Austin.
Dean Malenko.
Mick Foley.
Katsuyori Shibata.
Chris Benoit.

Pretty good so far new guy. Welcome.

RP912

Banned

Steve Austin.
Dean Malenko.
Mick Foley.
Katsuyori Shibata.
Chris Benoit.

Dat list...another fellow Shibata fan.

Welcome
giphy.gif

I find it weird that the last Summerslam that had an outside arena was 92, while Wrestlemania been on an outdoor kick for quite a while. It would make sense if Summerslam took place outdoors...since it's the summer....I dunno.

Maybe I'm overthinking it...

I've always been a bit letdown by SummerSlam not leaning into the summer part. Like, Bash at the Beach had sand and Hawaiian shirts and stuff.

RP912

Banned

The funny thing about those Road/Hog wild ppvs is the fact that none of the bikers gave a shit about the event.

I've always been a bit letdown by SummerSlam not leaning into the summer part. Like, Bash at the Beach had sand and Hawaiian shirts and stuff.

Indeed. Bring back the pools with the fake sharks. I want Summerslam to feel like a big deal instead of a cheaper Wrestlemania in August. I want sun tan, beach balls, etc.

Come talk SummerSlam main events with me in the Official SummerSlam 2015 thread.

Steve Austin.
Dean Malenko.
Mick Foley.
Katsuyori Shibata.
Chris Benoit.

Welcome, friend.

Just saw the reports WWE have maybe signed Kana.

Triple H is knocking it out of the part if its true. It would be a great way to keep NXT Women's division on its roll while also tossing something completely new into the mix.

Just saw the reports WWE have maybe signed Kana.

Triple H is knocking it out of the part if its true. It would be a great way to keep NXT Women's division on its roll while also tossing something completely new into the mix.

I also saw those rumors. It would explain why they misspelled her name.

Menome

Just finished watching the NXT Takeover event. After being rather puzzled as to why people were so over on Sasha Banks with her "decent but nothing special" matches on RAW, that match showed why you lot love her. That was quite simply a great wrestling match, regardless of gender.

Really enjoyed the tag-team match as well. Though as fun to watch as the Vaudevillains were, sadly I don't see that gimmick ever surviving a jump up to the main roster.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Just finished watching the NXT Takeover event. After being rather puzzled as to why people were so over on Sasha Banks with her "decent but nothing special" matches on RAW, that match showed why you lot love her. That was quite simply a great wrestling match, regardless of gender.

Really enjoyed the tag-team match as well. Though as fun to watch as the Vaudevillains were, sadly I don't see that gimmick ever surviving a jump up to the main roster.

Since their face turn, the Vaudevillians have finally proven their gimmick can work since it displays Gotch's technical skills in a mask of old time lore. Simon Gotch is fully committed to it and has had the gimmick even before signing with NXT.

Top Bottom