• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

tumblr_ntjm5sMCmO1s703gno7_540.gif

Hogan
Vince turns on the crowd
Slaughter on America
Austin on The Rock
Savage on Hogan and Elizabeth
Zybsko on Bruno
Andre
Funk turns on Flair
Freebirds on Kerry Von Erich

A woman who cosplays and has pants straight from Fallout would make perfect sense with the Vaudevillains. Gotch really impressed last night.

Bowser

WRESTLEZONE EXCLUSIVE ALERT

According to several sources in WWE, the original plan for WWE’s “Divas Revolution” called for Charlotte to win the title from Nikki Bella almost immediately upon arrival, and for Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch to dominate the incumbents. But John Cena, acting on behalf of girlfriend Nikki Bella, went to Vince McMahon and had that squashed.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/611995-backstage-divas-revolution-news

lmao

Ok. I am going to get my dad to watch nxt takeover tomorrow and see what he thinks. Should be fun. He knows who Samoa Joe is and knows Finn because he is a local and was in the paper but hasn't actually seen him wrestle.

Plus I guess it will be fun explaining who blue pants is to him.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The main brand's problem is they have a terrible habit of making simple things hard. They overthink obvious conclusions and payoffs and vince inherently hates anything that is too "pro wrestling"

ITS ENTERTAINMENT DAMMIT!. WE'RE COMPETING WITH DISNEY!!!!!!

JavyOO7

Honestly, that women's belt in the main roster don't mean so much. The division needs a reboot... just have nice simple story lines with the women ranting whenever appropriate and let the crowd take all this in. So many writers and you can't even get the NXT ladies on Raw over? Geez.

Bowser

lol guys there's a reason that I bolded "WRESTLEZONE EXCLUSIVE ALERT"

That said, I don't doubt if the plan was to put the Divas title on one of the new girls sooner rather than later, Nikki would have John politick for her.

It was a bit cheesy, but I liked it. It kinda reminded me of how Paul Heyman would work the crowd into a frenzy at the beginning of an ECW show.

The authority figure trying to be anti-authority (we didn't believe in us!) is never not cheesy. I know Trips works a lot behind the scenes to push NXT and some of the young guys but he should probably leave it behind the scenes and not try to hog credit for it.

Keep in mind this is the same Wrestlezone that "reported" this exclusive info a few weeks ago:

Sources tell WZ that Kevin Owens is slated to become the new United States Champion by defeating John Cena at either WWE Battleground or SummerSlam

The main brand's problem is they have a terrible habit of making simple things hard. They overthink obvious conclusions and payoffs and vince inherently hates anything that is too "pro wrestling"

ITS ENTERTAINMENT DAMMIT!. WE'RE COMPETING WITH DISNEY!!!!!!

Yup.

I feel like on the main roster most big payoffs only happens several months after it should have happened and after a bad case of over booking.

By the time that thing finally happens its lost something. Its less special and normally comes along with some bullshit

Top Bottom