• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Fox318

Nikki, Heel.
The New Day, Heel
Seth Rollins, despite all evidence to the contrary, Heel.
Seth Rollins, despite all evidence to the contrary, Heel.
Ryback, Face.

Too bad Miz or Show didn't win!

ZfvGNkZ.gif

Now that we're through with the weekend, I'll say Bayley/Banks was the best match this weekend by a decent margin. I though Taker/Brock might pass it, but not with that lousy finish.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dream, do you think these same people watched WM13 and complained about no one building new stars and putting that old fuck over and killing all momentum at the end of Bret/Austin?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The air got sucked out of the room for me when the bell rang. I didn't notice the tap until the replay.

That was when WWE won me over. Great finish. Great show (besides the IC match)

IC Match was great! Watch it again! Those near falls are incredible, especially with Miz's facials. Big Show even brought some new moves to the table!

Dream, do you think these same people watched WM13 and complained about no one building new stars and putting that old fuck over and killing all momentum at the end of Bret/Austin?

Yes, let's compare a star making performance to a match between a 50 year old and a guy who wrestles three times a year.

dream

In a way, I can't blame these simpletons, Data West. They've been taught for the past 15 years that neither winning nor losing mean anything. So how could they ever imagine that someone could come out of a loss stronger than when they went into the match?

imBask

Banned
I mean, yeah, maybe I'm projecting my creative genius onto this feud. But all the pieces are set. Brock can spend the next six months chasing Undertaker, who makes his last stand in Texas, where he believes that he can--for one night--be the Undertaker again. And everyone will want that. Everyone will want Undertaker to get his WrestleMania win back, then ride off into the sunset. But we've seen that, at least when it comes to Brock, Undertaker is phenomenally unselfish. And I think going out on his back, in his home state, in front of 100k fans, is the way he'll want The Undertaker character to die.

I just hope they do it right and realize that we can't ever see Undertaker again after that. No Hall of Fame, no guest appearances, no SCSA podcasts on the WWE Network. Done. Dead.

If you don't already do, you should watch Lucha Underground

somedevil

The only finish that bothered me was the Undertaker one. They booked themselves in a corner when they didn't want a Brock win or a clean Undertaker one.

Would of been a better story that he finally beats Brock in his last match in his home state. I wonder if he is turning heel because he dick kicked his way to victory.

Uninstall?

Turn off notifications?

Turn off phone?

Acting like there's no solution but to brag.

Mofucka you can't let me panic for like 5 mins
What is there to brag about, all I did was post one goddamn gif, Boots does that shit all day err day because he's the best

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kevin Nash defeating Jushin Liger in a mask vs hair match via social media is my favorite match of the week. I'm still laughing.

I can't speak for Dream, but I'm willing to bet that the current generation would have thought Steve Austin was completely dead and buried at WM13, just like I saw people tonight upset that John Cena both didn't win clean and didn't lose clean, and were convinced that Cesaro lost all of the momentum of the past 3 months due to loses to KO, who they also thought would die if he lost.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, yeah, maybe I'm projecting my creative genius onto this feud. But all the pieces are set. Brock can spend the next six months chasing Undertaker, who makes his last stand in Texas, where he believes that he can--for one night--be the Undertaker again. And everyone will want that. Everyone will want Undertaker to get his WrestleMania win back, then ride off into the sunset. But we've seen that, at least when it comes to Brock, Undertaker is phenomenally unselfish. And I think going out on his back, in his home state, in front of 100k fans, is the way he'll want The Undertaker character to die.

I just hope they do it right and realize that we can't ever see Undertaker again after that. No Hall of Fame, no guest appearances, no SCSA podcasts on the WWE Network. Done. Dead.

Mean Mark? Big Evil? Booger Red?

dream

Okay, one last point:

I think people are making the mistake of thinking about Undertaker as just another old pro wrestling fuck. Like he's Ronnie Garvin or Jake Roberts or Jimmy Snuka or something. Undertaker is way more than that, for reasons that I won't go into. People believed in the streak, which made the streak real. You had legitimate media outlets covering the end of the streak.

Undertaker is part of our mythology. Undertaker is the closest thing pro wrestling has to being mythological. And how do you kill a myth? You get people to stop believing in it. You get people to stop believing in the Undertaker.

Yes, let's compare a star making performance to a match between a 50 year old and a guy who wrestles three times a year.

Bret and Austin wished they got paid millions a year to just suplex and dick kick people

The laugh session they had in the middle of the ring perfectly encompassed the surreality of it all

And yeah they're clearly telegraphing this for WM32 with this deal. They needed a reason for Brock to want to put Taker down once and for all, and Taker getting a fluke win (that, in the grand scheme of things, really means fucking nothing) via being a cheating dickbag is a good way to do it.

But they could've done without the timekeeper shit

DMczaf

at this point, bean breath would have posted a new thread about the ramifications of jon stewart turning heel, but alas he has not.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I kinda want Taker to go in the HOF next year but play it completely kayfabe. Have Kane do the induction, also in character, with mask and voice box.

The funniest moment of the night (besides Undertaker laughing) was Brie yelling "BRIE MOOOOOODE!" then completely air-balling that dropkick.

That wasn't a botch though, that was planned.

Bret and Austin wished they got paid millions a year to just suplex and dick kick people

The laugh session they had in the middle of the ring perfectly encompassed the surreality of it all

I forgot also have fuck finishes

2 straight PPV main events of them both doing it. I'd laugh too

The same reason every masked guy in WWE doesn't take pictures without their mask on

Except for Kalisto, who was shown on Swerved without his mask. On WWE Network. Liger wrestled without a mask for years. His real face is known. And has been for 30 years. It'd be like getting upset that Green Arrow competed without his little mask thingy and under his real name.

Except for Kalisto, who was shown on Swerved without his mask. On WWE Network. Liger wrestled without a mask for years. His real face is known. And has been for 30 years. It'd be like getting upset that Green Arrow competed without his little mask thingy and under his real name.

Yeah but nobody gives a shit about Kalisto, and Liger wrestled without a mask in the early years, so that shit don't count

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best moment of the night: JBL throwing out carny talk out of nowhere

"The timekeeper went into business for himself!"

Commentary was in general two notches above what they normally put out for a PPV. Especially in the main event. Cole was rolling. I knew it when he started with the best striker line that we were in for a special fight.

Fox318

#ProtectTheBusiness #pls

tumblr_ntkh84nEwT1s1kdvwo1_540.jpg

honestly I think we need to stop doing ref distraction finishes for a few years.

Eveyone has a phone, they show replays of bullshit stuff in the crowd, and its the type or carney shit that makes wrestling look faker than it needs to be.

Its not starcade 85

Top Bottom