• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Summerslam was fun live john Stewart run in and dick punches aside.

Didn't need to be 4 hours. Didn't need both matches after Cena/seth

Brock is great live

Fox318

Friend DM did you watch the show? Somebody on there was waving to you.

wfQCuT0.jpg

I really do wonder what the main roster would look like if Hunter were in charge. I don't think it'd be like NXT exactly, but it would definitely be different. He differs from Vince in enough fundamental ways. That and the look of the show would change without Dunn directing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thread needs a poll. "Best Summer Fest ever?" With the responses being:

Yes

and

Of Course.

I really do wonder what the main roster would look like if Hunter were in charge. I don't think it'd be like NXT exactly, but it would definitely be different. He differs from Vince in enough fundamental ways. That and the look of the show would change without Dunn directing.

If he does take over I expect Fall Brawl to become the September PPV, Halloween Havoc in October, and Starcade in December.

Since NXT loses money anyways they should do a wargames down there.

Yeah but nobody gives a shit about Kalisto, and Liger wrestled without a mask in the early years, so that shit don't count

What a convenient way to shut down a logical response to make sure your point of view is correct. It's 2015. No other actors have to stay in character on social media, but wrestlers are for some reason held to a different standard. It's silly. HHH posts pictures of himself with all the indie stars for online credibility, the NXT women get in the ring and cry and celebrate together despite feuding the next day. To hold someone like Kevin Nash and Jushin Liger to a different standard for sharing a moment between friends is gross.

I'd like Undertaker to come out on RAW after a long entrance and say "Brock told me his leg was itching, so I scratched it." Then have Lesnar come out and be like WHAT THE FUCK. And no one can prove Lesnar didn't say that

I'd like Undertaker to come out on RAW after a long entrance and say "Brock told me his leg was itching, so I scratched it." Then have Lesnar come out and be like WHAT THE FUCK. And no one can prove Lesnar didn't say that

Taker's just being a pal, helping his bud Lesnar out

I want full on full of shit jackass Undertaker, we've never had that

Poor Darren young tonight. He took some nasty moves

Yo Titus with that hot tag tho
Best in the fucking biz

The best part about Taker/Brock were the little touches. Brock attacking Taker in a pivotal moment in his entrance, further destroying his mystique. Taker in turn mocking Brock's well documented sit up and laugh, reclaiming some of the embarrassment from the year prior. Finally, Brock's middle finger to deny the Undertaker even a modicum of satisfaction, always reminding him that he had to cheat to win, that he didn't truly beat him.

This is the kind of layered psychology I thought had been lost in WWE. This was the best match of the night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I had nearly forgotten how good the tag matches were tonight. I even liked the Dean Ambrose show featuring Roman Reigns.

DMczaf

Chicken Shit Dick kicking Taker is the best way for taker to ride off into the sunset

DMczaf

The best part about Taker/Brock were the little touches. Brock attacking Taker in a pivotal moment in his entrance, further destroying his mystique. Taker in turn mocking Brock's well documented sit up and laugh, reclaiming some of the embarrassment from the year prior. Finally, Brock's middle finger to deny the Undertaker even a modicum of satisfaction, always reminding him that he had to cheat to win, that he didn't truly beat him.

This is the kind of layered psychology I thought had been lost in WWE. This was the best match of the night.

The match itself was well booked, it's the Russo ending that hurt it.

Brock is so good at storytelling in the ring when he has the chance to do it

The match had so many awesome little moments. If the finish was good, it'd be really up there. Taker got his ass handed to him, too, holy shit he shouldn't be taking all the shit he did

dream

And you know, while I've been sucking Undertaker's dick for being so unselfish, Brock gave Undertaker a shitload of offense too. More than he has in any of his other matches. Brock selling so big for Undertaker makes it easy to believe that while Undertaker is clearly several steps behind Brock, on a certain sunday, in a certain month, in a certain stadium, he can win. For one night, he can be the Undertaker again.

On the whole, the show tonight was actually pretty good. Match quality was good and everything got reasonable time. But WWE is better than most other companies at coming up with an ending that can retroactively sour people on the show as a whole.

Yeah,I haven't been able to watch the full show yet cos I'm at work. Saw the Jon Stewart run in l, had me laughing thinking 'these guys put on a good show.'

Now I don't want to bother with the rest.

Brock's aura is gone...bummer

That bullshit ending made them both out as assailed, when hey man called the tap he just got booed . Maybe the Lesnar fans were too bummed out by the ending to respond I dunno but it sucks if this killed his overness

Yeah,I haven't been able to watch the full show yet cos I'm at work. Saw the Jon Stewart run in l, had me laughing thinking 'these guys put on a good show.'

Now I don't want to bother with the rest.

Brock's aura is gone...bummer

That bullshit ending made them both out as assailed, when hey man called the tap he just got booed . Maybe the Lesnar fans were too bummed out by the ending to respond I dunno but it sucks if this killed his overness

Interesting. People said the same thing when he lost to Cena and HHH en route to becoming the biggest draw in wrestling in 15 years.

There's supposed to be a "huge" angle tomorrow night to setup something for WM 32, so I expect we'll get the Brock vs. Taker announcement tomorrow night. Or something that makes it even more clear that the match will happen there.

What some folks need to realize is that Taker has always been the veteran protecting his spot

UndertakerYard.jpg

“You are in my yard, and I am the big man that runs that yard, I’m the Deadman, and if you try me…I’ll make you famous!”

Faced with Brock Lesnar, a man he cannot and has not beaten, his ego is shattered. He has nothing left.

All of this is perfect.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is the US title important now that Ratings Poison Rollins has it?

I gotta admit outside of Seth getting a statue and hopefully Cena getting to wreck it I'm frightened as fuck with what they'll do with the highly regarded UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP.

There's supposed to be a "huge" angle tomorrow night to setup something for WM 32, so I expect we'll get the Brock vs. Taker announcement tomorrow night. Or something that makes it even more clear that the match will happen there.

The angle is Bayley debuting on RAW and hugging Brock

but it was awesome, I marked out for the heel turn even if it was obvious

I have no idea why Stewart was so indecisive about the fucking thing.

Barrage

Match-quality wise, SS was GREAT. Everyone was working hard, there was at least one new/impressive spot every single match (minus the Divas, which played it safe and dropped the ball). This really is the most entitled generation in history. People saying this was shit, Yet look fondly upon overbooked $30 PPVS saved by decent Austin brawls. Some people won't be satisfied unless their favourites win,period. Like literally if one match alternates their fantasy booking, the PPV is shit. It's the definition of Mark Autism.

-Loved the combo moves in Ambreigns/Wyatts
-Please just have New Day/Lucha Dragons feud for the next year, they're so damn good
-Titus O' Neil is overqualifed to be a Hot Tag, but underqualified to be in the IC Picture
-Owens/Cesaro might be the best match i've ever seen where the crowd was not at all into it
-Main Event was way better than expected, If they do Lesnar/Taker 3 at WM it'l be dissapointing Sting never got the dream match

Top Bottom