• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Is Cena a member of the Republican Party? Was he trying to make Stewart look incompetent so a new generation of America would question his decision-making?

Thorakai

How is Brock's mystique gone when he defiantly passed out instead of tapping?

and when he made the Undertaker, the dude who's entire thing was that he was undefeated at Mania, do this.

tumblr_ntkftcjUCM1rdx8ebo1_540.gif

Fox318

Match-quality wise, SS was GREAT. Everyone was working hard, there was at least one new/impressive spot every single match (minus the Divas, which played it safe and dropped the ball). This really is the most entitled generation in history. People saying this was shit, Yet look fondly upon overbooked $30 PPVS saved by decent Austin brawls. Some people won't be satisfied unless their favourites win,period. Like literally if one match alternates their fantasy booking, the PPV is shit. It's the definition of Mark Autism.

-Loved the combo moves in Ambreigns/Wyatts
-Please just have New Day/Lucha Dragons feud for the next year, they're so damn good
-Titus O' Neil is overqualifed to be a Hot Tag, but underqualified to be in the IC Picture
-Owens/Cesaro might be the best match i've ever seen where the crowd was not at all into it
-Main Event was way better than expected, If they do Lesnar/Taker 3 at WM it'l be dissapointing Sting never got the dream match

The talent that they have right now may be the best its been since 2001. Outside of people booked into a hole (Reigns, Big Show), and people who probably should have been taught before they got this job (almost all of the women pre nxt) everyone is awesome.

Its creative, commentary, and possibly the corporate rules in place (not letting guys use their indie or real names for example).

That comes down to Vince. There was an era not too long ago where you could tell they had shit talent scouts and Johnny Ace was an idiot but HHH knows how to get people over.

I'm curious as to who the hell all these new people are that are trying to throw shade at everybody else

Pay your dues. Give us a Fave Five. Read one of Sunny's threads about his work escapades!

DMczaf

I just love how non PG Brock is, but it's not over the top Attitude Era. It's just "I fully believe this is how Brock acts and talks in real life" stuff

JTripper

There's supposed to be a "huge" angle tomorrow night to setup something for WM 32, so I expect we'll get the Brock vs. Taker announcement tomorrow night. Or something that makes it even more clear that the match will happen there.

They should set up a last man standing match between them, if there's gonna be any rematch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good Summerslam, crowd was hot for most of it. Gotta admit though Cesaro/Owens had no stakes and was boring to me.

The odd thing is that the finish of this match also sets it up so Brock almost has to win at WM. Why would Undertaker agree to retire if he wins? It has to be something where Brock wants to beat the Undertaker into retirement, or career vs. career.

CNJCBuPUAAA8pCg.jpg

Mystique: intact

I was into it and then the bell ring again and just got deflated

Brock can get his aura back sure but I thought we were on a path here and this is a total derail

Like, I liked him less when he smiled like a doof at heyman saying no Brock won though

His character is an asshole who got over by being such an ass kicker you can't help but be impressed not 'heh guess i won! Wow i truly am the best'

And taker is playing half heel too so you've got two kind of heels one of which is a legend so he is face by default and then he wins in a fuck finish which makes them both look like idiots

And now we've gotta build Brock up all over again this time knowing they didn't really follow through on his character last time

dream

The odd thing is that the finish of this match also sets it up so Brock almost has to win at WM. Why would Undertaker agree to retire if he wins? It has to be something where Brock wants to beat the Undertaker into retirement, or career vs. career.

Why is a Brock win at WrestleMania odd?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What show were you watching?

The cheers start picking up when they do the Doomsday device, he gets a positive reaction for the double power bomb, a mixed reaction for his taunt, a generally positive reaction for the spear, and wild cheers for the pinfall.

Bowser

Uh, yes? The rubber match is and always was going to Brock. Brock is legit retiring Taker
unless the rubber match takes place before Mania and they do Stang vs Taker at Mania 32

JTripper

Raw should be interesting tomorrow, at least I hope.

If anything, we'll get a guaranteed good New Day crowd since it's still at the Barclays.

So the logical thing to do is Ambrose and Reigns challenging Seth for the titles right?.

Roman winning the US and doing, open challenges could,be Good for him.

Bleeeuggh Brock v taker at wrestlemania is so boring

I dunno why I dislike all this so much. It's just how I feel folks. Brock's been my guy.

I'm curious as to who the hell all these new people are that are trying to throw shade at everybody else

Pay your dues. Give us a Fave Five. Read one of Sunny's threads about his work escapades!

I'm curious as to why you didn't respond to my logical post. Liger wrestled for years without a mask. It is known and easy to find pictures of him without it. He won titles without his mask.

jushin_liger_02.jpg

Fuji%20Yamada.JPG

This happened. It counts. Wrestlers are people and are just actors. Wrestling fans shouldn't get to dictate their personal interactions with friends on social media. That's ridiculous and gross. He obviously was happy to take that picture. Should he be forced to wear his mask even backstage so as to not make wrestling fans upset? It's so silly. Friends sharing a moment is turned into "X is a dick" type behavior.

Yet on the same day, Stephen Amell competes as himself and no one bats an eye that he's killing the Green Arrow character.

Sephzilla

Summerslam was good, NXT still was way better though. Cena getting protected was dumb. The end of the Taker vs Lesnar match was dumb as fuck. I kind of want a one on one Amell vs Stardust match now. Big Show needs to fucking retire.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dirtiest Sheetz in the Game is reporting that the Jon Stewart heel turn isn't done yet; he's hosting a fundraiser dinner for Jeb Bush next week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
hey bronson, set your notification settings differently

jred2k

Good Summerslam, crowd was hot for most of it. Gotta admit though Cesaro/Owens had no stakes and was boring to me.

The important part is that it happened.

Also, Sunny, I've seen you say Owens won't be on the Summer Slam card. Would you be willing to back that prediction up with an avatar bet until Survivor Series?

No, because I don't really believe it...

But I am known to make dipshit bets. Let's do it. Pre-show NOT included. He can curtain jerk.

According to several sources in WWE, the original plan for WWE’s “Divas Revolution” called for Charlotte to win the title from Nikki Bella almost immediately upon arrival, and for Charlotte, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch to dominate the incumbents. But John Cena, acting on behalf of girlfriend Nikki Bella, went to Vince McMahon and had that squashed.

The result is the booking we are seeing now in the Divas Revolution on WWE TV, with Divas old and new trading wins, just like the men.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/611995-backstage-divas-revolution-news

Backstage POWAHS!

Top Bottom