• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

So CJ Parker is going to New Japan?

I thought he just announced his retirement?
He will emerge out of the Pacific, anew.
uKmd7JY.png

Yea, you go, me!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think CJ Parker is alright, but god damn Gedo needs to stop listening to Bad Luck Fale on who to bring in. Of all the people, you pick fucking CJ Parker.

ghostmind

Road To Destruction
9/4; 2:30 AM PST/5:30 AM EST

1. David Finlay Jr. vs. Jay White
2. Sho Tanaka & Yuji Nagata vs. Yohei Komatsu & Manabu Nakanishi
3. Captain New Japan, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tomoaki Honma vs. Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Tiger Mask, Katsuyori Shibata & Togi Makabe vs. Juice Robinson (CJ Parker), Tetsuya Naito & Kota Ibushi
5. Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga & Cody Hall
6. Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi & Hirooki Goto vs. Trent Baretta, Rocky Romero & Shinsuke Nakamura
7. KUSHIDA, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale

Road To Destruction
9/11; 2:30 AM PST/5:30 AM EST

1. Yohei Komatsu vs. David Finlay Jr.
2. Tiger Mask & Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger vs. Jay White & Sho Tanaka
3. Juice Robinson (CJ Parker), Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi, Manabu Nakanishi & Yuji Nagata vs. Trent Baretta, Rocky Romero, Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI & Toru Yano
4. Kazushi Sakuraba & Kazuchika Okada vs. Cody Hall & Yujiro Takahashi
5. Captain New Japan, KUSHIDA, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tama Tonga, Kenny Omega, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson & Bad Luck Fale
6. Katsuyori Shibata & Togi Makabe vs. Tetsuya Naito & Kota Ibushi
7. Tomoaki Honma & Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Shinsuke Nakamura

Destruction In Okayama
9/23; 11:00 PM PST/2:00 AM EST

1. Sho Tanaka, Yohei Komatsu, Yuji Nagata & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Jay White, David Finlay Jr., Manabu Nakanishi & Tetsuya Naito
2. Mascara Dorada & Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly
3. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Championship
Steve Anthony (c) vs. Tiger Mask
4. Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson
5. Juice Robinson (CJ Parker), Matt Sydal & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Cody Hall, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale
6. Alex Shelley, Ryusuke Taguchi, Captain New Japan, Tomoaki Honma & Hirooki Goto vs. Trent Baretta, Rocky Romero, YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii & Shinsuke Nakamura
7. Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada vs. Yujiro Takahashi & AJ Styles
8. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
KUSHIDA (c) vs. Kenny Omega
9. NEVER Openweight Championship
Togi Makabe (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

Destruction In Kobe
9/27; 12:00 AM PST/3:00 AM EST

1. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs. Jay White & David Finlay Jr.
2. Tiger Mask, Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger & Yuji Nagata vs. Juice Robinson (CJ Parker), Captain New Japan & Manabu Nakanishi
3. Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe vs. Trent Baretta, Rocky Romero, YOSHI-HASHI & Tomohiro Ishii
4. Matt Sydal, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Kenny Omega, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson
5. Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito
6. Kazushi Sakuraba, Toru Yano & Kazuchika Okada vs. Tama Tonga, Yujiro Takahashi & AJ Styles
7. IWGP Jr. Tag Team Championship
Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
8. IWGP Heavyweight Championship Shot on January 4th
Hiroshi Tanahashi (holder) vs. Bad Luck Fale
9. IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

King of Pro-Wrestling
10/12; 12:00 AM PST/3:00 AM EST

Announced So Far
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kazuchika Okada vs. AJ Styles

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great to hear CJ Parker is back! Quite the retirement! Sadly not with the god tier theme though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to float you guys a theory. Only for the puro types since he doesn't work in the states.

s5Tkgfh.jpg

Is Takashi Sugiura the modern day Arn Anderson? He already has the look of a relative of a girlfriend that would put you in a pair of cement shoes if you did her wrong, he's got the workrate, he's got the underrated badass old guy thing, and he has a highly successful tag team with another oldhead that has spanned all the major promotions.

Verendus

Banned
I thought the Brock and Undertaker match was good. Finish wasn't bad either, but it would've been better if Lesnar held on for another 2 minutes before giving the middle finger and collapsing. It would've added to the drama. They had enough time.

Undertaker looks like a punk through all this. Also why I kind of like it. I'm hoping this all means Reigns vs. Lesnar II is a go.

They're still protecting Lesnar so it must be for a reason. Unless it's for The Rock or something but forget that.

The ONE MAN needs REDEMPTION.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wanted to test out my new computer's gif making abilities. It's weird, it's like sometimes it's too fast for gifcam to capture? I always capture it in gifcam and then use a gif editor to clean it up. I don't know. I'll have to tweak it more, but I watched Marufuji vs Sugiura. It was pretty decent though a little spotty? I don't know. It definitely felt like they were still trying to protect Marufuji while pushing Sugiura was Suzuki's main opponent. I can't wait to see that match, but that's entirely because of Suzuki being who he is and Sugiura bineg who he is. The booking has been poor to the lead up. Sugiura should be undefeated against Suzuki-gun if he's going to face the evil boss of it, but he lost to fucking Shelton Benjamin, so why should I believe he can beat Suzuki? Marufuji needs to stop throwing those whiffy as fuck superkicks though. He did show some real smooth high flying in this match that I haven't seen in a while, so I appreciated that as it reminded me of a better Marufuji.
Ffe7Pnq.gif

z3EnbsN.gif

O0lsT3d.gif

(^This was beautiful and my favorite spot of the match. I'm a simple man)
cLJxzSb.gif

eDa3uEb.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there a story line reason Pentagon Jr. became the face painted skull? Without the paint he loses a bunch of character.

It looks cool. Not really a storyline for the Day of the Dead facepaint or anything. Lots of luchadores darken their eyes and wear contacts to make their eyes stand out more. He's been struggling with his look for years and has only recently nailed it.

Mahonay

Banned
New Day celebrating tonight was easily the highlight of the show for me. I was watching with my buddy and we could not stop laughing. Fucking amazing.

CircularReadyFlatfish.gif

New Day having a blast whenever they're on TV or together is amazing. Their youtube stuff is great too.

They are really not holding back against Amell huh? He probably totally asked for this, he seems like that kinda guy.

Was he bruised at the end, or was it just Stardust face paint on his shoulder blade? Oh wait, I googled and...

Also, I'd like to officially announce my retirement from staying up late and watching wrestling LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE. I'm too old.

It looks cool. Not really a storyline for the Day of the Dead facepaint or anything. Lots of luchadores darken their eyes and wear contacts to make their eyes stand out more. He's been struggling with his look for years and has only recently nailed it.

I look forward to Pentagod appearing on Kevin Nash's Instagram soon.

Xater

New Day having a blast whenever they're on TV or together is amazing. Their youtube stuff is great too.

Was he bruised at the end, or was it just Stardust face paint on his shoulder blade? Oh wait, I googled and...

Also, I'd like to officially announce my retirement from staying up late and watching wrestling LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE. I'm too old.

Ok, yeah he totally asked for it. He is a big fan after all and not afraid of the physicality. I think that's cool.

MC Safety

That was a pretty good show except for the horrible contrived endings for the Cena and Undertaker matches.

The New Day has really come into its own. And the Prime Time Players are great.

I'm glad Becky got the win tonight. Maybe now the WWE can move past Team A, Team B, and Team C.

Aiii

So not worth it
So... I have watched the main event ending twice now.

I still have no fucking clue what happened.

The first finish was a screwjob, that I sort of get, or something. But how did the second fight finish? There was no indication Brock had passed out (or a check?)... Was it a screwjob, too?

MC Safety

The first finish was a screwjob, that I sort of get, or something. But how did the second fight finish? There was no indication Brock had passed out (or a check?)... Was it a screwjob, too?

Assume WWE logic.

The timekeeper ended the first match. The second match ended when Brock's middle finger retracted.

I'm not sure why it was so important that both guys got a win, but WWE.

Verendus

Banned

The ref just called it a bit too quick. Lesnar collapses after flipping off Taker.

Top Bottom