• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AYYYYYYYYY WE WANT SOME NEW DAY

Question: is it shitty to do Big E/New Day chants at a black wrestler who is a powerlifter, comes out with lifter chalk, wears a blue singlet and does the Big Ending as a finisher?
I hope that's why he gets the chants rather than lolhe'sblack

Also: https://vine.co/v/ej7j6ExW1mH
yt9rWcW.gif

That's a damn fine Kanyon Cutter.

klonere

Banned
Grado: not as shit as most people think. Seems to be going over like a lead balloon in TNA, though, but it's TNA, so entirely unsurprised they haven't figured out how to present him.

Don't worry Bootaay, nobody is over in TNA.

Sunny's favorite filmmaker is back with a breakdown of the Summerslam finish!

CNJ36HHVEAEC6OK.png

So. Been a little while guys, hope you've all been well.

So. When. Are we discussing.

Seth Rollins turning into a face and bursting into dollar bills? YEAH BABY.

RP912

Banned
I think the only issue that I had besides the ending of the Taker match is Cena no selling the fuck out of Rollins. Dude was putting on a show, while Cena looked like a bloated fish out there. Shit looked intentional as hell.

jmdajr

I thought the Taker vs Bork match was really good, just ruined by a terrible finish. As per usual with WWE.

Woman's match from NXT is all I can think about still though. So goooood.

Brock Taker was incredible minus the finish.As soon as Taker walked in and Brock rushed I knew we were in for some good stuff.

And the screw, wonder why they just didn't show Paul Heyman ringing the bell. At least that be less confusing.

Its still a little goofy to me how much better NXT was at pulling off that big fight feel this weekend.

Obviously the bigger arena played its part but they also went out of their way and upped their production values for it. Had a different stage setup, changed up a lot of the standard camera angles and the entire event had a sense of closing one book and opening another to it.

Jump to summerlam and its feels like a slightly spiffier RAW.

I like how NXT has kind of become the 2nd coming of the brand split. Totally getting heyday Smackdown feels when it was the show to watch.

Was he bruised at the end, or was it just Stardust face paint on his shoulder blade? Oh wait, I googled and...

He was talking about the ring rope welt all the way across his back. Watch the match again and it's easy to spot when he does it. Between doing that to himself and hitting himself in the face with a barbell--

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hello friends. My name is El Delfín Negro, but you may know me as Bronx-Man. I come to the land of WrassleGAF bringing tidings to you. First, the almighty fave five:

5. King Booker
4. Edge
3. Brock Lesnar
2. The Rock
1. Eddie Guerrero

And I also bring a portrait of our beloved, one of the legendary TMFers:
mQn3fNgM_400x400.jpeg

I can only hope that you look upon my potential and shoot me up into the main event within four months. Nothing more, nothing less.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hello friends. My name is El Delfín Negro, but you may know me as Bronx-Man. I come to the land of WrassleGAF bringing tidings to you. First, the almighty fave five:

5. King Booker
4. Edge
3. Brock Lesnar
2. The Rock
1. Eddie Guerrero

And I also bring a portrait of our beloved, one of the legendary TMFers:
mQn3fNgM_400x400.jpeg

I can only hope that you look upon my potential and shoot me up into the main event within four months. Nothing more, nothing less.

I've only got one response for this

WELCOME!
uL1sRXu.gif

TheFuzz

New user. First post on Wrasselgaf. I came for the dialogue.

I stayed for the gifs.

Obligatory Top 5 Currently:
1. Rollins
2. Lesnar
3. Owens
4. Cesaro.
5. New Day

Taker v Brock was a ok match. Obviously not up to your standard Brock match but he had to take it easy on Taker. We saw that happens when he didnt at Mania and Taker got knocked dizzy in the first 3 minutes and was a daze for the rest of the match.

The finish was a bummer but if its going somwhere... like turning Undertaker into a dick kicking, cheating, cheap win getting old man who cant hang with the younger people without bending the rules thats cool if its the set up for Takers last run.

klonere

Banned
Is Solomon Crowe DOA for now? Retooling him?

Dead. He needs a complete reboot or something. Hopefully as a heel. We need more heels down in NXT.

Also

Dec. 10: Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle
Dec. 11: SSE Hydro in Glasgow
Dec. 12: Sheffield Arena in Sheffield
Dec. 13: Empress Ballroom in Blackpool
Dec. 14: Capital FM Arena in Nottingham
Dec. 15: MotorPoint Arena in Cardfiff
Dec. 16: SSE Arena in London

HOW DO YOU NOT DO DUBLIN WHEN THE FACE OF YOUR PROMOTION IS IRISH FUCK

its actually quite understandable

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New user. First post on Wrasselgaf. I came for the dialogue.

I stayed for the gifs.

Obligatory Top 5 Currently:
1. Rollins
2. Lesnar
3. Owens
4. Cesaro.
5. New Day

Welcome pal. Good to see New Day represented there. Rollins is a great talent as well.

Xater

Taker v Brock was a ok match. Obviously not up to your standard Brock match but he had to take it easy on Taker. We saw that happens when he didnt at Mania and Taker got knocked dizzy in the first 3 minutes and was a daze for the rest of the match.

The finish was a bummer but if its going somwhere... like turning Undertaker into a dick kicking, cheating, cheap win getting old man who cant hang with the younger people without bending the rules thats cool if its the set up for Takers last run.

At that point might as well turn into biker Taker again.

Browny

Banned
Lots of new posters, no hands being shaken, no bags being carried...

Welcome all. Some good Fav Fives going on!

And some lovely av's too. The Lottery has brought out some creativity!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dead. He needs a complete reboot or something. Hopefully as a heel. We need more heels down in NXT.

This is one of NXT's big benefits though - they would have put Crowe on the main roster as...what was he calling himself? NXT's Little Monster? Or something stupid like that? Thank Christ he can reinvent and it ain't too late. Main roster is USUALLY too late for people with bad gimmicks.

jmdajr

Next Taker Brock needs to be Hell in A Cell with Austin as special guest referee.

Am I right? Brock's gonna have to kill him dudes.

Xater

Overall I wasn't super impressed with Summerslam, so I think I am going back in hiatus until the Rumble. Well maybe catch Brock if he has stuff before that.

RP912

Banned
Overall I wasn't super impressed with Summerslam, so I think I am going back in hiatus until the Rumble. Well maybe catch Brock if he has stuff before that.

Yea I'm on the same boat. After seeing the Big Show match and that Taker finish. It made me realize why I stop watching WWE and just pop in once a blue moon. I can't do screwy finishes and Big Show matches in 2015. It's a new day.

RP912

Banned
Top 5 Current :
1-Lesnar
2-Rollins
3-Owens
4-New Day
5-Cesaro

top 5 all time
1-Austin
2-Lesnar
3-Rock