• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know how the ISEC received Amell and his performance, but for whatever short amount of practice he did I think he did a really solid job.

miserable

anybody want some Cena avatars?

V04hDgG.jpg

Go5bkCK.jpg

Maybe. It just seems silly to protect the guy with the 30-plus-year career while also protecting the guy who wrestles, at most, four times a year.
Brock doesn't need a loss right now, especially a pinfall, to someone he beat like a goverment mule. And it would also be stupid to have Undertaker be built up and then lose again so quickly. This way makes both of them look good. Taker looks like a killer, and Brock pulls an Austin and doesn't give anyone the satisfaction of tapping out.
White is for cerified greats.
Didn't notice this cism, SMH

I think CJ Parker is alright, but god damn Gedo needs to stop listening to Bad Luck Fale on who to bring in. Of all the people, you pick fucking CJ Parker.

Eh, Fale was on the money with Jay White. Kid's super impressive, he's going to something special in a few years. I'll give Parker the benefit of the doubt, not terribly excited about it, but pointless to write him off before he's even debuted.

Aiii

So not worth it
Assume WWE logic.

The timekeeper ended the first match. The second match ended when Brock's middle finger retracted.

I'm not sure why it was so important that both guys got a win, but WWE.

It's not the ending I would have given it, esp. but yeah, I suppose this at least makes some sense.

KingBroly

Banned
The ref just called it a bit too quick. Lesnar collapses after flipping off Taker.

The timekeeper had no way of seeing the tapout, as it was opposite the hard camera, which is where the timekeeper wasn't. The announce team tried to save face, though, which is probably the only good thing you could say about it.

Recall

So Summerslam was a decent show hampered by it's crowd and shitty finishes?

I've not read the results beyond the main event and I'm not getting a clear answer if it's worth my time as a show, anyone able to help?

KingBroly

Banned

I've not read the results beyond the main event and I'm not getting a clear answer if it's worth my time as a show, anyone able to help?

I think the crowd was pretty good for the most part.

In terms of worth...probably. It wasn't as good as NXT Takeover, though.

Fox318

ill take this crowd over dead corpus Christi crowds or quiet Cena crowds

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In the 6 man tag in AJPW, Tenryu and Ultimo Dragon hold the ropes for the champion(Akebono)

That's old school and awesome.

klonere

Banned
After NXT on Saturday I couldn't take anything that happened in the Lana/Rusev/Summer/Dolph thing seriously and frankly it was all fucking embarrassing and a bit disgusting..

AYYYYYYYYY WE WANT SOME NEW DAY

Question: is it shitty to do Big E/New Day chants at a black wrestler who is a powerlifter, comes out with lifter chalk, wears a blue singlet and does the Big Ending as a finisher?
I hope that's why he gets the chants rather than lolhe'sblack

Also: https://vine.co/v/ej7j6ExW1mH
yt9rWcW.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Aside from his time with Big E and AJ, there's not much about Dolph Ziggler I've enjoyed. I mean, aside from just his in-ring stuff.

klonere

Banned
You needed NXT for that? Its amazing that this shit will be going on.

I missed all the Attitude era stuff like this although from the stuff I have watched, this feud is like a very slightly modified Sable/Mero deal. And that has easily been my least favorite part of my watching of the old Raws on the Network

Amell was a lot better than I expected. Match worked out really well.

Rollins was fucking great tonight. So damn good. Cena is still on fire too, he must be loving these last few months of great opponents.

Rusev is still insanely good. Really enjoy him, top to bottom a great wrestler.

Time to watch the women's tag match next.

Striker

Why was Rolling doing so many flippy indie moves? Just to raise a pop, because that's all they are. There really wasn't much heel tactics, if at all. Rather lame, like Cena's selling the entire match.

Hex

Banned
Why was Rolling doing so many flippy indie moves? Just to raise a pop, because that's all they are. There really wasn't much heel tactics, if at all. Rather lame, like Cena's selling the entire match.

Pretty much to show how skilled he is.
That is his thing.
He is a center piece who can do it all.
One of the best heel tactics is to get those that hate you to cheer you, and then crap on them for it later.

I thought the Taker vs Bork match was really good, just ruined by a terrible finish. As per usual with WWE.

Woman's match from NXT is all I can think about still though. So goooood.

JavyOO7

I'm just a huge NXT fanboy. Summerslam could have been a better show and I'd still like the NXT stuff better. =p

On that note, Summerslam was okay. The Undertaker/Brock match would have been just fine without that non sense finish. Skip the time keeper part and just have Brock, laying on his own pool of blood as he's stuck in that submission hold, give a big middle finger to Undertaker and then pass out. But that time keeper stuff seems like something TNA would do... =p

Seth awards Jon Stewart the US Title on Raw tomorrow for his dedication to the truth and justice for America over all these years.

And just for being such a swell guy. *sethlaugh.gif*

klonere

Banned

I don't know if you noticed but Rollins was the face in that match.

Rollins is the face in this feud. When you get cheered because you shoot broke a dudes nose, you are the face.

Is Nikki gonna break the record, if she doesn't have to defend it (lol whats a title defense she says) before Night Of Champions?

They're obviously not expecting AJ to ever come back so want to write her out of existence.

UberTag

Seth awards Jon Stewart the US Title on Raw tomorrow for his dedication to the truth and justice for America over all these years.

And just for being such a swell guy. *sethlaugh.gif*
John vs. Jon for the US title is going to be the main event of RAW, right?

Top Bottom