• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think if the G1 & Takeover didn't happen, I wouldn't be so down on SummerSlam. But they did, so I can only give a D+ at best.

+New Day Rocks
+Amell brought it in the ring
+Jon Stewart protected the legacy of Jim Crockett Promotions
+Owens vs Cesaro was pretty good

Everything else felt like a mediocre episode of Raw.

Also, current fave five:
5. Big E
4. Kalisto
3. Cesaro
2. Brock Lesnar
1. Sasha Banks

Sephzilla

I don't see any HHH in your top 5s, you guys have no respect for the business

bookert.jpg

HHH is permanently ineligible from the Top 5 because of this.

Hello friends. My name is El Delfín Negro, but you may know me as Bronx-Man. I come to the land of WrassleGAF bringing tidings to you. First, the almighty fave five:

5. King Booker
4. Edge
3. Brock Lesnar
2. The Rock
1. Eddie Guerrero

And I also bring a portrait of our beloved, one of the legendary TMFers:
mQn3fNgM_400x400.jpeg

I can only hope that you look upon my potential and shoot me up into the main event within four months. Nothing more, nothing less.

New user. First post on Wrasselgaf. I came for the dialogue.

I stayed for the gifs.

Obligatory Top 5 Currently:
1. Rollins
2. Lesnar
3. Owens
4. Cesaro.
5. New Day

Welcome new blood

I have made a very artistic avatar.

Holy shit that's amazing

Sephzilla

I also want Lesnar fighting some guys he hasn't faced either (or haven't faced as much as Taker). Brock vs Cesaro would be fun. Brock vs Orton would be fun. Brock vs Owens would be fun (Sunny would have a stroke though, I think).

TheFuzz

Shit, forgot about Sasha. Ok, Top 6....

Are they still sticking with the long con of Roman being "the" guy? I usually only watch ppvs and occasional Raw since I'm trying to cut back on alcohol consumption, so I'm curious.

I'm totally on board with a Shield triple threat main event at Mania, though. Even if we have to balee dat.

RP912

Banned
I think if the G1 & Takeover didn't happen, I wouldn't be so down on SummerSlam. But they did, so I can only give a D+ at best.

+New Day Rocks
+Amell brought it in the ring
+Jon Stewart protected the legacy of Jim Crockett Promotions
+Owens vs Cesaro was pretty good

Everything else felt like a mediocre episode of Raw.

Also, current fave five:
5. Big E
4. Kalisto
3. Cesaro
2. Brock Lesnar
1. Sasha Banks

Despite how messy the G1 was because of the new length of the tournament. It had so many good moments compared to Summerslam which as you said was a D+. The highlights for me was the tag match, Cesaro/Owens, and Taker/Brock before the shitty ending. Other than that, it was a pretty mediocre show that felt like another Raw. Nothing about that event screamed Summerslam at all.

bookert.jpg

HHH is permanently ineligible from the Top 5 because of this.

At least Nick Patrick was the ref in that sighs...match. Damn Trips :/

klonere

Banned
I also want Lesnar fighting some guys he hasn't faced either (or haven't faced as much as Taker). Brock vs Cesaro would be fun. Brock vs Orton would be fun. Brock vs Owens would be fun (Sunny would have a stroke though, I think).

Brock

vs

Sheamus

both get hard way blood, the stiffest match this side of BJW

THINK ABOUT IT

Heroman

Banned
Shit, forgot about Sasha. Ok, Top 6....

Are they still sticking with the long con of Roman being "the" guy? I usually only watch ppvs and occasional Raw since I'm trying to cut back on alcohol consumption, so I'm curious.

I'm totally on board with a Shield triple threat main event at Mania, though. Even if we have to balee dat.
Don't know, since Wm his booking has been werid, it wouldn't shock if Vince has moved on.

Sephzilla

Brock

vs

Sheamus

both get hard way blood, the stiffest match this side of BJW

THINK ABOUT IT

Speaking of Shaemus, I'm legit surprised we didn't get any Shaemus MITB shenanigans last night.

Seth Kun :eek:

No lie, dude shut mouth last night after that performance. Tommy Gunn he is not...

My match of the night last night was probably either Cena/Rollins or the 4 team tag match (mostly because of New Day)

Hello friends. My name is El Delfín Negro, but you may know me as Bronx-Man. I come to the land of WrassleGAF bringing tidings to you. First, the almighty fave five:

5. King Booker
4. Edge
3. Brock Lesnar
2. The Rock
1. Eddie Guerrero

And I also bring a portrait of our beloved, one of the legendary TMFers:
mQn3fNgM_400x400.jpeg

I can only hope that you look upon my potential and shoot me up into the main event within four months. Nothing more, nothing less.

New user. First post on Wrasselgaf. I came for the dialogue.

I stayed for the gifs.

Obligatory Top 5 Currently:
1. Rollins
2. Lesnar
3. Owens
4. Cesaro.
5. New Day

welcome friends

NOW GET MY BAGS

Sephzilla

the funny thing is people actually think Sheamus will lose on his cash in

Well, considering Rollins is the champ, Cena is in the hunt, and it still seems like the stars are slowly aligning for a Shield Triple-Threat for the belt it seems like Sheamus and his MITB are the odd man out. To be fair though, he's a guy who I think can absorb a MITB failure well.

imBask

Banned
Well, considering Rollins is the champ, Cena is in the hunt, and it still seems like the stars are slowly aligning for a Shield Triple-Threat for the belt it seems like Sheamus and his MITB are the odd man out. To be fair though, he's a guy who I think can absorb a MITB failure well.

in a perfect world you'd be right

in a Vinny Mac world, Sheamus is winning the belt and we get a once in a lifetime Cena vs Sheamus main event at Mania and no Shield Triple-Threat

i'm thinking they'll extend the Ambrose-Reigns inevitable turn angle until the Rumble

So, we're just going to ignore how WWE made a big deal about how it can use instant replay for when referees screw up, right? No way for referees or the Authority to review Cena vs. Rollins or 'Taker vs. Lesnar.

Acknowledging instant replay was one of the dumbest things WWE has ever done.

DMczaf

Meltzer surprisingly seems to like the finish. Thinks Heyman booked it.

Like he said, when you think about it, if Vince put the requirements of the finish to be "Taker must win, but Brock must be protected", it's probably one of the best endings to go with.

And I agree with Meltz, that seemed like a Heyman ending.

Juice Robinson (CJ Parker)

What a fantastic name.

I wanted to test out my new computer's gif making abilities. It's weird, it's like sometimes it's too fast for gifcam to capture? I always capture it in gifcam and then use a gif editor to clean it up. I don't know. I'll have to tweak it more, but I watched Marufuji vs Sugiura. It was pretty decent though a little spotty? I don't know. It definitely felt like they were still trying to protect Marufuji while pushing Sugiura was Suzuki's main opponent. I can't wait to see that match, but that's entirely because of Suzuki being who he is and Sugiura bineg who he is. The booking has been poor to the lead up. Sugiura should be undefeated against Suzuki-gun if he's going to face the evil boss of it, but he lost to fucking Shelton Benjamin, so why should I believe he can beat Suzuki? Marufuji needs to stop throwing those whiffy as fuck superkicks though. He did show some real smooth high flying in this match that I haven't seen in a while, so I appreciated that as it reminded me of a better Marufuji.
Ffe7Pnq.gif

z3EnbsN.gif

O0lsT3d.gif

(^This was beautiful and my favorite spot of the match. I'm a simple man)
cLJxzSb.gif

eDa3uEb.gif

For gifcam, I usually just record at 16 fps (whatever the medium option is) and then just edit it within gifcam. Turns out fine speedwise. Never tried editing it in a different program.

Sephzilla

Don't know, since Wm his booking has been werid, it wouldn't shock if Vince has moved on.

It would be incredibly sad though. Roman is a guy who has a ton of potential, but Vince pushing him to the moon when he was clearly not ready for it ended up permanently souring a lot of fans on him.

Fox318

Like he said, when you think about it, if Vince put the requirements of the finish to be "Taker must win, but Brock must be protected", it's probably one of the best endings to go with.

And I agree with Meltz, that seemed like a Heyman ending.

At this point I think Vince is blind and sits in the back and gives the finishes in a quiet room.

He determines a wrestlers push by feeling their abs which is why he was so impressed by Reigns rock hard vest.

jmdajr

So, we're just going to ignore how WWE made a big deal about how it can use instant replay for when referees screw up, right? No way for referees or the Authority to review Cena vs. Rollins or 'Taker vs. Lesnar.

Acknowledging instant replay was one of the dumbest things WWE has ever done.

When did that happen? Officially.

Instant replay... heh... instantly removes fuckery. And wwe needs shenanigans.

Top Bottom