• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Bronx-Man

Banned
First assignment for my writing 101 class to write a 5 page paper on any subject but explain why it's either patriotic, propaganda, or treason.

Seriously considering writing about the saga of Mr. America for this one.

Fox318

But none of that is true except the successful part

Are you really sure he isn't blind?

tumblr_m9zn9bxwuj1rnjfjfo1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Once Fury Road and Terminator 2 started getting name dropped in there I was doing some Miz-like "really"s at my screen

Some people take the fact that Terminator was better than Terminator 2 a little too far in pretending that T2 sucked.

I'd be fine with them getting rid of the title completely.

I think it would be a shame with the US belt after how well it's been elevated. But, again, why didn't they put it on Owens? He then could have continued with the weekly challenge thing, leading to the Cesaro match for the belt last night. Cena would have kept his spot, and Owens & Cesaro would both be elevated. Now the US title is booked into a corner, and the only way out is fucking Cena, where it will be overshadowed by his Ric Flair-tying win.

I'm up for dumping the IC belt though. Unify with the US belt, call it the TV title, have a weekly challenge every Raw.

Bowser

Guys, Cena is definitely getting a rematch at NoC. They didn't create those mock Cena shirts for Rollins for a one month feud where Cena was barely even in it.

I think there's a legit possibility they have Rollins pull double duty at NoC, he loses the US title to someone (Cesaro? Owens? Neville?), wins the WWE title match vs. Cena, but then Sheamus cashes in on an exhausted Rollins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Raw ratings hit lowest for a non-holiday in decades"
"Tough Enough ratings at an all-time low"
"WrestleMania loses a profit for the first time ever"

It's time to enter reality, Sunny. Pro wrestling died alongside with WCW.

There's more than just this when it comes to making money!

Avoided that thread like the plague, as I just know someone said Blade Runner :p

And they're wrong. Dead wrong.

I think I saw it mentioned two or three times. Upon quick glance, seemed like a lot of the named were comic book movies and I kinda agree they are overrated to an extent.

Apples and oranges. You'd be better comparing T2 & Aliens than T2 & Terminator. Similarly, Alien is vastly different in pacing and tone from Aliens, just as Terminator is from T2. All four are awesome, though, just for different reasons :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Apples and oranges. You'd be better comparing T2 & Aliens than T2 & Terminator. Similarly, Alien is vastly different in pacing and tone from Aliens, just as Terminator is from T2. All four are awesome, though, just for different reasons :)

I agree. I like the movie Terminator was more than I liked the movie T2 was. Aliens vs T2 though? T2 might get the nod...MIGHT. Aliens was fucking awesome though.

Sephzilla

It doesn't matter which you prefer - T1 and T2 are both bona fide classics. T's 3,4 and 5 on the other hand...

Agreed!

And also agreed! I think James Cameron is a master at recognizing how to avoid diminishing returns. If Aliens or Terminator 2 would have simply been more of the first movie neither would be as iconic as they ended up being. Genre-shifting Alien and Terminator into more action packed sequels was a very smart move.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great things Aliens had going for it

Vasquez being awesome as hell
Tons of guns, the pulse rifle design was dope as fuck, loved it
Vasquez
More aliens
Vasquez
Bishop being good
Vasquez

tumblr_inline_n7fqmkQGWO1qeixmz.jpg

Seriously Vasquez.

UylUD08.jpg

klonere

Banned
No matter how long they drag out Cena vs Rollins, how bad it gets, how Super Cena it gets, how 3 - 1 to Cena it gets, how "well ya beat me Jack BUT" how 16 time + 5 time US Champ Cena it gets

we'll always have this to warm the cockles of our hearts

xsPjYCc.gif

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like the bigger NXT gets the better it will be for the company. NXT is a home-grown wrestling company with the money of WWE behind it. The longer NXT goes being better than WWE, the more attention it's going to get.

JavyOO7

I feel like the bigger NXT gets the better it will be for the company. NXT is a home-grown wrestling company with the money of WWE behind it. The longer NXT goes being better than WWE, the more attention it's going to get.

As long as its TV is an hour and the PPVs are spread out, I think NXT will continue being a winner down the line.

Great things Aliens had going for it

Vasquez being awesome as hell
Tons of guns, the pulse rifle design was dope as fuck, loved it
Vasquez
More aliens
Vasquez
Bishop being good
Vasquez

tumblr_inline_n7fqmkQGWO1qeixmz.jpg

Seriously Vasquez.

UylUD08.jpg

You seem to have spelled 'Paul Reiser' incorrectly. Here's a picture of him with Newt and Ripley.

image1.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You seem to have spelled 'Paul Reiser' incorrectly. Here's a picture of him with Newt and Ripley.

Reiser ain't got those cuts, though...

He played his part perfectly. He was wonderful. In fact, pretty much every single supporting character in Aliens was top shelf amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;176376480 said:
gaming being cool with the weird but unnecessary microtransactions in MGSV after killing the dead space franchise over the same fucking thing 8)

Yep

Fox318

Waiting for Datazord post on how Balor and Okada are just like each other in their respective promotions :p

Vince so famous he's got production shots named after him

Vince is watching the little league world series over NXT'

Guess he doesn't like fake sports

Bronx-Man

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;176376480 said:
gaming being cool with the weird but unnecessary microtransactions in MGSV after killing the dead space franchise over the same fucking thing 8)
Shhhhh. You're breaking kayfabe, friend. Just stick to the script and everything will be fine.

The guy who made that John Cena song has a new theme song for Daniel Bryan while he's out

https://youtu.be/EOgB-cntp4g
The Daniel Bryan, the Daniel Bryan
He's a one-time heavyweight champion
Married to Brie Bella, he's a bearded fella
It's a shame they haven't consummated

I don't know when the Daniel will return
A string of injuries pushed him down
So scream "Go the Daniel!" and help him out

The Daniel Bryan, he's such a sweet guy
(Go the Daniel! Go the Daniel!)
We want you winning, we want you grinning
You light up the fight, you light up our lives
The Daniel Bryan, our handsome lion

Go the Daniel! Go the Daniel!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember hating the gameplay of Deep Space 3 completely and utterly whereas MGS5 seems to be getting them 10s all round?

Also the "lol of course Konami" narrative is absorbing a lot of that hate as well.

Nobody normal has played the game though except our man Verendus, who offered his thoughts somewhere in that shitpile of a thread.

When you're being shipped somewhere to enjoy a game on someone else's dime, yes, the review scores will be different.

What's important, that people should do, is see if they would like to play that game and read the context of the reviews, and ignore numbers. Some things in the text may be red flags that you hate doing, for instance - or might say something about a little gameplay aspect that may push you over the line.

So, I say read the reviews, ignore numbers, and buy it if it appeals to you. That's all.

On a serious note, what do people think is happening with Bryan?

Is there nothing for him to do, waiting for him to come back, or are they legit concerned that he could be finished? It's getting...awkward. He's clearly desperate to come back or playing us like a fiddle, but the way he's talking...surely Vince would go mad at him talking like he is?

Saying "If they won't let me wrestle i'll ask for my release and wrestle somewhere else", and talking about matches with Kurt Angle, saying that he's "Absolutely fine and cleared by a reputable doctor."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On a serious note, what do people think is happening with Bryan?

Is there nothing for him to do, waiting for him to come back, or are they legit concerned that he could be finished? It's getting...awkward. He's clearly desperate to come back or playing us like a fiddle, but the way he's talking...surely Vince would go mad at him talking like he is?

Saying "If they won't let me wrestle i'll ask for my release and wrestle somewhere else", and talking about matches with Kurt Angle, saying that he's "Absolutely fine and cleared by a reputable doctor."

I don't think he'll ever be back.

Top Bottom