• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

imBask

Banned
did you guys finally accept the fact that HHH was right about Dbry? He didn't bury him, he just spoke the truth. He was a B+ player, and a fragile one at that

Bronx-Man

Banned
On a serious note, what do people think is happening with Bryan?

Is there nothing for him to do, waiting for him to come back, or are they legit concerned that he could be finished? It's getting...awkward. He's clearly desperate to come back or playing us like a fiddle, but the way he's talking...surely Vince would go mad at him talking like he is?

Saying "If they won't let me wrestle i'll ask for my release and wrestle somewhere else", and talking about matches with Kurt Angle, saying that he's "Absolutely fine and cleared by a reputable doctor."
I think they'll let him have one last match against Cena at WrestleMania.

jred2k

Nobody normal has played the game though except our man Verendus, who offered his thoughts somewhere in that shitpile of a thread.

When you're being shipped somewhere to enjoy a game on someone else's dime, yes, the review scores will be different.

What's important, that people should do, is see if they would like to play that game and read the context of the reviews, and ignore numbers. Some things in the text may be red flags that you hate doing, for instance - or might say something about a little gameplay aspect that may push you over the line.

So, I say read the reviews, ignore numbers, and buy it if it appeals to you. That's all.

This post is about ethics in game journalism.

RP912

Banned
Whatever happened to Bryan saying that if he doesn't wrestle...he'll find somewhere else to wrestle?

On that note I doubt he's coming back and even if he does...they are going to stiff him to the point of being a vegetable. You seen the match with Harper. They trying to put Bryne on the shelf because "fuck that runt".

Yeah I don't see Bryan getting back into the ring. They'll forever keep him written in WWE history as a Rudy. It sucks but at the same time he was the focal point of wwe for like eight months in a time of one belt which is pretty impressive

jmdajr

#1594 Vincent McMahon $1.1 B $35 M | -3.2% 70 wrestling

Vince lost some money today like every other rich guy, but he's still a billionaire damn it!

did you guys finally accept the fact that HHH was right about Dbry? He didn't bury him, he just spoke the truth. He was a B+ player, and a fragile one at that

You are an idiot.

And it's interesting, he'll just leave and go back to wrestle in ROH most likely, or NJPW. It's dangerous too, if they won't want him to wrestle again it's going to be super scary to see him wrestle in a company, or companies, which have harder, more dangerous styles than WWE in terms of stiff workers and hard hitting.

They want Bryan to tone his shit down because when he came back the first time, he kept getting dropped on his fucking head because that's how he takes suplexes

Once he comes back, he should wrestle a much safer style. He's over for life. Use that shit.

WHY

CNL04nYWcAAateV.jpg

WHY, Goto loosin the belt :(

CNL05MRWIAAeLj7.jpg

RP912

Banned
The Bryan story is indeed a tragedy because dude fought his ass off to get to the top, only to have that injury blocking his path. Say what you want about him but Bryan was trying to bring change that CM Punk failed to deliver on. The crowd embraced his never say die attitude, his matches were top notch, every gimmick and storyline that's purified shit...he ends up turning it into gold, and the whole road to Wrestlemania story felt true to the name. It really felt like this man is finally going to do it. Let's talk about that WM 30 performance. He brought out a different kind of Triple H, I mean Trips became Shao Khan overnight and it was glorious. On that night, the authority should have ended. I look at that WM like Starrcade 97. Both events could have started a new era...but the powers that be refuse to embrace change.

DMczaf

Bryan's story is tragic, but he will always have WM30. He main evented Wrestle fucking Mania and had the storybook ending, and no injury will ever take that away.

imBask

Banned
Bryan's story is tragic, but he will always have WM30. He main evented Wrestle fucking Mania and had the storybook ending, and no injury will ever take that away.

he main-evented WM? all I remember from Dbry is his epic feud against Kane before he got injured!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

This is true. It was a magical night, everything was awesome.

Fox318

minor note but in the NXT tag title match they did the the opposite and of what they usually do and had the heel in direct view of the hard cam.

Its a minor thing but mixing up what side each guy is at adds a little variety with spots.

Bronx-Man

Banned
To recap, the original plan for WM30 was:

-Bryan vs Sheamus
-CM Punk vs HHH
-Bray Wyatt's career getting cena'd
-Brock Lesnar ending the Streak
-Batista winning the WWEWHC in the main event.

I can't decide where that would rank in a top 5 worst WMs of all time list.

Fox318

To recap, the original plan for WM30 was:

-Bryan vs Sheamus
-CM Punk vs HHH
-Bray Wyatt's career getting cena'd
-Brock Lesnar ending the Streak
-Batista winning the WWEWHC in the main event.

I can't decide where that would rank in a top 5 worst WMs of all time list.

Batista's program could have been good if he was a complete rumble surprise and if Orton wasn't boring as shit at the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mania 30 was just all-around awesome. Bryan's entire story hit the top that night, and it was amazing. Everyone bought into it and went nuts. It was a beautiful sight and was great having him make it, finally.

i don't think anybody knows what they're talkin about when they say 'bryan's not coming back lol'. most 'i've got a hunch and that means you're obviously wrong lol' posts turn out to be dummies later when something else happens.

seems like they're keeping it open for him to return, he's on a bunch of their shows and comes onto raw and stuff. why wouldn't he come back? you guys privy to his medical files and secret convos with vince and the gang?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i don't think anybody knows what they're talkin about when they say 'bryan's not coming back lol'. most 'i've got a hunch and that means you're obviously wrong lol' posts turn out to be dummies later when something else happens.

seems like they're keeping it open for him to return, he's on a bunch of their shows and comes onto raw and stuff. why wouldn't he come back? you guys privy to his medical files and secret convos with vince and the gang?

He said he might die if he gets in the ring again.

Fox318

Mania 30 was just all-around awesome. Bryan's entire story hit the top that night, and it was amazing. Everyone bought into it and went nuts. It was a beautiful sight and was great having him make it, finally.

a little tough looking back knowing they had Kane in the wings ready for him.

Much like Benoit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goto's not losing, goes into WK as Champion. I'm pretty certain.

I also feel this way. Nakamura also doesn't need that IC title at all. Slowly arranging the chessboard...once Tanahashi is out, Nakamura steps in and we finally get what we want.

Sephzilla

I feel if Brock didn't beat Taker, WM30 would have been the GOAT WrestleMania. I still maintain that The Streak ending was an awful decision and it absolutely murdered the crowd for almost the entire remainder of the night.

It really was. And a GORGEOUS set, too. I loved that.

Set was too big.

Verendus

Banned
Alien and Aliens are both great as are Terminator and Terminator 2. I feel like it's a bit of a blessing that those series had two strong entries back to back, which were also different from each other. Not many series have ever had that.

The timekeeper had no way of seeing the tapout, as it was opposite the hard camera, which is where the timekeeper wasn't. The announce team tried to save face, though, which is probably the only good thing you could say about it.
I meant the second call. Brock flips Undertaker off, then collapses, and the referee calls for the bell pretty quickly. That's likely what confused the dude a little. It's obvious he passes out, but it's called a little quickly.

Nobody normal has played the game though except our man Verendus, who offered his thoughts somewhere in that shitpile of a thread.

When you're being shipped somewhere to enjoy a game on someone else's dime, yes, the review scores will be different.

What's important, that people should do, is see if they would like to play that game and read the context of the reviews, and ignore numbers. Some things in the text may be red flags that you hate doing, for instance - or might say something about a little gameplay aspect that may push you over the line.

So, I say read the reviews, ignore numbers, and buy it if it appeals to you. That's all.
This is always how folks should think of it.

I remember MGS4 got greater praise, and I honestly hate that game. My reaction is only extreme because I like the franchise so much, but a person should know their taste, and understand what they might like or not like. People have a tendency to focus on others words too much when it comes to liking or disliking something. At the end, all that matters is your own viewpoint, and how much you like or dislike something. It's your time that's being invested, and that's precisely why that's the case.

MGSV is likely going to be great for those people who love the gameplay, and consider that above and beyond everything else (although it could also be slightly repetitive since it's not exactly a tight game). If you like open world games, and like MGS, then this game will also probably be good for you. If you're a fan of linear, and more story focused MGS, then you need to have a bit of an open mind. It's a long game, and the balance isn't quite there in my eyes. Also, for spoiler sensitive people, they should probably avoid the review thread. There's something in there that kind of hints at the ending of the game. A bit of a jabroni move since that's the strongest part of the game storywise but it is what it is.

MGS1 and MGS3 still remain the best in the series for me. Although MGSV is better purely from a gameplay perspective (although you could also say that for MGS4 too since those games are old, and have various issues in that aspect now). This feels like a MGS2. A lot of people will love it, a lot of people won't, but it's not a bad game. It's just not what I wanted, and I accepted that.

Now MGS4, that was a huge disappointment. Peacewalker was even worse but MGS4 did the damage to me. It was like those Undertaker dick kicks, except it did it to me about a dozen times.

imBask

Banned
nah Brock losing at WM30 would've been so boring, the surprise made that show 100 times better and gave us an awesome Lesnar run

Sephzilla

nah Brock losing at WM30 would've been so boring, the surprise made that show 100 times better and gave us an awesome Lesnar run

WWE retroactively made Brock winning neat because he ended up destroying John Cena a few months later. Brock going over Taker at WM30 was stupid because the build up to the match gave Brock zero credibility and didn't make you believe Brock stood a single chance. Brock was the least threatening contender to The Streak since probably Mark Henry given how the build up to that match went.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember MGS4 got greater praise, and I honestly hate that game. My reaction is only extreme because I like the franchise so much, but a person should know their taste, and understand what they might like or not like. People have a tendency to focus on others words too much when it comes to liking or disliking something. At the end, all that matters is your own viewpoint, and how much you like or dislike something. It's your time that's being invested, and that's precisely why that's the case.

MGSV is likely going to be great for those people who love the gameplay, and consider that above and beyond everything else (although it could also be slightly repetitive since it's not exactly a tight game). If you like open world games, and like MGS, then this game will also probably be good for you. If you're a fan of linear, and more story focused MGS, then you need to have a bit of an open mind. It's a long game, and the balance isn't quite there in my eyes. Also, for spoiler sensitive people, they should probably avoid the review thread. There's something in there that kind of hints at the ending of the game. A bit of a jabroni move since that's the strongest part of the game storywise but it is what it is.

MGS1 and MGS3 still remain the best in the series for me. Although MGSV is better purely from a gameplay perspective (although you could also say that for MGS4 too since those games are old, and have various issues in that aspect now). This feels like a MGS2. A lot of people will love it, a lot of people won't, but it's not a bad game. It's just not what I wanted, and I accepted that.

Now MGS4, that was a huge disappointment. Peacewalker was even worse but MGS4 did the damage to me. It was like those Undertaker dick kicks, except it did it to me about a dozen times.

It's a shame, I got that minor spoiler, and while it's minor, it's also one of those things that sticks out so that while I play I'll constantly be thinking "ok, here comes the part" - until it happens. Sucks. Ah well, it's more about the journey.

MGS4 was absolutely the worst in the series by a huge degree. It's gonna be interesting.

Goto winning would be dope. He's my boy. I can't see him beating nak again.

Though we should get a title shot in november for beating Okada in the G1.

Also no BIG MIKE but we get lame-o cj parker

Verendus

Banned
Batista's program could have been good if he was a complete rumble surprise and if Orton wasn't boring as shit at the time.
Best Wrestlemania 30 would be:

Batista returns as a surprise entry at the Rumble, and goes on to face a defending Daniel Bryan. Turns heel, takes the title, and keeps it until Wrestlemania 31.

Best era is Brotista era.

Then my man could've done the honours for Romanian Reigns at Wrestlemania 31, and the crowd would've been fully behind the new face of this era. And then we'd get Brock vs. Reigns at Summerslam, with Barack winning, and Reigns gaining redemption at Wrestlemania 32.

Long-term booking.

Instead, there was a two month Kane fued, in the 21st century, and Bryan has been pretty much absent since then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have them bring back Double A and we are good to go.

I think they will, I believe they'll go all the way back to Stone Cold's origins as a Stunning man, which means a Dangerous Alliance!

Goto winning would be dope. He's my boy. I can't see him beating nak again.

Though we should get a title shot in november for beating Okada in the G1.

Also no BIG MIKE but we get lame-o cj parker

Don't call CJ Parker a lame-o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVI-2T8aMtY

All the redemption he'll ever need.

Top Bottom