• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

have it on prrrrretty good authority that cena squashed charlotte getting the divas title from nikki when she first came up.

...but now charlotte's in a better place than she would've been, and Nikki is in an even better place than she was back then and charlotte will be sure to win it later....

....Cena's booking sense is too damn good

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On a similar topic, they said Nikki has 22 more days and then she's beat AJ record.

Night of Champions is the Sunday after she passes the record. So, 100% chance she's going to drop it to Paige or Charlotte then, right?

It makes it possible then, but I will assume she'll keep it for a while longer, just because.

jmdajr

l

Been to plenty of 80s metal shows and the way they get around the aging singer sucking is turning them down and the crowd just sings louder than the singer. Its fine haha.

Yeah Vince actually sounds ok. But he gets gassed and doesn't sing all the words. Whatevs. We gonna be going nuts.

I actually joined the fan club because it was the only way to get decent tickets. This is the closest I will ever sit. Like 17th row from the front on the Floor.

Mahonay

Banned
WWE's complete lack of foresight on things is astonishing at times because they legitimately have a very talented roster right now, but it's being held back due to a lack of any true planning.
Absolutely. Their nearly complete lack of long term booking is still a big fucking problem. Talent is stacked right now but I really can not think of a single storyline I'm actually invested in, outside of a Daniel Bryan return. Something like the Owens vs Cesaro match last night should be the greatest thing for me, but instead I was just passively enjoying the match, looking for the cool spots and then just kind of going "meh" when I see another in a long line of lackluster or bad finishes.

Meanwhile on Saturday night I was literally jumping out of my seat and holding back tears of joy because of what was unfolding at Takeover.

The gap between the two continues to grow as NXT improves and main WWE is still booked in a pretty insulting manner for anyone with just a little bit of a intelligence.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
There was so much power play going on last night,

HHH told Vince, No way for Cena, if he wants NIkki to remain champ fine, but hes not getting everything we still have to have some control over his ego.

If Cena ever beats Flair's record, it will be the biggest sham in the history of wrestling.

I hope HHH can convince Vince that they really need to get a handle on Cena's outrageous ego, the over relianc eon a piss poor wrestler who's the cover athlete for Kindergarten Illustrated, and the fact that these new stars need the shine more than he does.

The day this guy walks away, I will light 1,000 candles, and release 100 balloons. Ive never seen a soul sucking votex of a wrestler before. At least I was entertained with Hogan.

I think you accidentally clicked on GAF when you meant to go to squaredcirclejerk?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You mean a guy whos trying to insult the man. There was no psychology, its just another example of how this guy tries to delete the history of wrestling all by himself, and insult everyone along the way. .

Oh, that wasn't an insult at all. It was a sign of respect.

You mean a guy whos trying to insult the man. There was no psychology, its just another example of how this guy tries to delete the history of wrestling all by himself, and insult everyone along the way. .

It was a tribute to Ric Flair. What better way to honor Flair's record than by tying it with his own move?

Mahonay

Banned
They need to disband this Team PCB and Team BAD shit and bring in the Four Horsewomen
I could not fucking believe how bad last night was. I mean, I always thought the 3 different teams was a real shit idea, but the match they chose to put together last night to represent the "Diva's Revolution" was shameful.

Im sorry if I come off upset. Last night was very hard for me.

I already know that Cena may end up with 20, The only solice I will take is that the majority of those reigns happened in what will be known as the dark days of wrestling and one of the worst periods of wrestling 2003-2011. It cant hold a candle to Flair 82-92.

I was just upset last night. I don't like this story line at all. Its too self aware, and it just bothers me. I know where its headed. I just feel like its Vince's way of devaluing Flair one more time. And I dont have respect for Cena, so I wish it was someone else.

but what about wrestling fans named Todd!?

CNMGSf9XAAAVwrO.png

In kayfabe sense, if Cena had won with the figure four it would be the ultimate sign of respect, as it forever tethers ric flair to the idea of being a 16 time world champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Im sorry if I come off upset. Last night was very hard for me.

I already know that Cena may end up with 20, The only solice I will take is that the majority of those reigns happened in what will be known as the dark days of wrestling and one of the worst periods of wrestling 2003-2011. It cant hold a candle to Flair 82-92!!!!!!!

But Flair's old shit was never televised. I wanna SEE the receipts.

giphy.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
There was so much power play going on last night,

HHH told Vince, No way for Cena, if he wants NIkki to remain champ fine, but hes not getting everything we still have to have some control over his ego.

If Cena ever beats Flair's record, it will be the biggest sham in the history of wrestling.

I hope HHH can convince Vince that they really need to get a handle on Cena's outrageous ego, the over relianc eon a piss poor wrestler who's the cover athlete for Kindergarten Illustrated, and the fact that these new stars need the shine more than he does.

The day this guy walks away, I will light 1,000 candles, and release 100 balloons. Ive never seen a soul sucking votex of a wrestler before. At least I was entertained with Hogan.
0.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Same old shit for the Diva's division. Nothing has changed besides the matches being longer.

That is a lot, though. You actually are able to tell a story in the context of a wrestling match from a 2 minute roll-up win from back in the day to now, around ten. It's something.

MC Safety

Nikki Bella's run as women's champion probably has less to do with John Cena's campaigning and more to do with the WWE's hatred for AJ Lee and her husband.

Wrestling fanatics just want every excuse to blame John Cena for their wrestling show not turning out exactly the way they want it.

jmdajr

Same old shit for the Diva's division. Nothing has changed besides the matches being longer.

Not sure what you can do. Some of them gals need to go to vacation or maybe even NXT.

Tamini. Bye for sure. Terrible. Alicia Fox might have to be Zack Rydered. And I feel bad saying that.

And D. Bry sperm is not getting the job done.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nikki Bella's run as women's champion probably has less to do with John Cena's campaigning and more to do with the WWE's hatred for AJ Lee and her husband.

Wrestling fanatics just want every excuse to blame John Cena for their wrestling show not turning out exactly the way they want it.

Or it could be due to her own merit at being pretty kickass, doing all the work WWE expects of her and more.

I guess we could cheapen her accomplishments if you'd like, but I'm gonna go with "hey she's pretty good at it"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that Brie Mode shit something that she says when she's hammered or some nonsense

Correct - as told in Total Divas Season 1, Brie Mode is to be feared. It's when she's had too much to drink and acts brassy and brazen.

Or it could be due to her own merit at being pretty kickass, doing all the work WWE expects of her and more.

I guess we could cheapen her accomplishments if you'd like, but I'm gonna go with "hey she's pretty good at it"

She has been pretty good in the ring. A revelation actually.

Sorry everyone, I didn't sleep well last night. Some things bother me. I want to right worngs. Its just an instinct i have. I don't like injustice.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The NXT Women's Wrestling Formula:
characters + long matches = good matches

The WWE Divas Revolution (brought to you by Stephanie McMahon) Formula:
long matches + ??? = trending worldwide

Ithil

It has everything to do with Total Divas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Harley Race>>>>>>Flair

There I said it.

Not a crazy position to take. Harley Race was a fucking righteous cunt for a long time, a true fucking bad motherfucker. Flair embodied glitz and glamor and money, Race embodied a mean goddamned streak.

If Nakamura beats Goto, he won't challenge Okada because it'd be title vs title and no one wants that. If Nakamura loses to Goto, he won't challenge Okada because what'd be the point?

Nakamura loses to Goto, Styles loses to Okada. No IWGP challenge at Power Struggle, then we get Nakamura vs Styles in a 'special singles match' near the top of the WK10 card, Nakamura wins, Okada defeats Tanahashi and Nakamura comes out to challenge Okada and call in his title shot for beating him in the G1. Book it, Gedo!

The big problem is that Gedo and Jado love Nak as IC champ since he's enough of a draw so he can main event the twin shows. I'm a bit surprised that the fucking NEVER belt is main eventing one of the Destruction shows (I thought for sure that's where we would see Tanahashi vs. Fale) but Ibushi is hopefully winning so whatever. Goto is my boy too, but he just doesn't have the drawing power of the big names anymore. I'm thinking Nak regains the title and we get Nak vs. AJ as the semi-main of WKX.

Top Bottom