• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Sephzilla

Cena's going to completely destroy Flair's record. As long as Vince is still in charge I see Cena getting to at least 18. Do I feel like he deserves it, eh, not really. I was halfway expecting Cena to win the title last night to tie Flair, only to have Sheamus cash in and take the belt away from him right away just to expedite the process of Cena breaking the record.

jmdajr

.@TripleH gave @WWE Champion & THE NEW U.S. Champion @WWERollins a tour of HQ today. Find out what happened on #Raw.

I'm gonna mark if that statue is there.

imBask

Banned
Haha, not watching much wrestling actually. I stopped around 2002-2003 and only started again in 2013.

Been using the Network to fill in the gaps I missed. Learning things like how I surprisingly really love Cena's Thuganomics gimmick.

many people did the same as you did, but dropped around 2005-2006 and came back around the summer of Punk, I did the same

I really liked Thuganomics heel cena...

Mahonay

Banned
Cena will and he absolutely deserves it.

A better ambassador for the sport than Flair ever was or (obviously) ever will be.
Agreed.

I think the right person won last night, but Cena definitely deserves the record at some point. Just have to hope for that WWE doesn't do what it had done with Cena in the past and bury someone else in the process.

dream

The problem, LiquidSnake, is that you remember Flair as being this:
15988%20-%20microphone%20pointing%20ric_flair%20sunglasses%20wcw%20wcw_championship.png

When the reality is more like this:
ric-flair-mugshot.jpg

It hurts that Orton will never beat Flair's record. He deserves it despite the naysayers.

I would feel better about him doing it. What do you think Orton will do once his ring days are over?

Dream, there are a lot of things I have done in my life that have been embarrassing, and wrong. No one is perfect.

So I read an article that said Taker passed out after his match with Lesnar. That's basically 2/2. Honestly, how can WWE send him out there again with Brock? I don't blame Lesnar or accuse him of being too rough. Taker is 50 years old and he's going against arguably the strongest guy on the current roster and one of the best athletes WWE has ever seen.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have to say guys, all things considered WWE really delivered this weekend, both NXT and SummerSlam were a job well done.

Now it's time to ignore as much of WWE as I possibly can as we hit the dark part of the year as WWE creative goes into hibernation until January.

jmdajr

Most WWE recognized Titles ever? 32

Raven

27-time Hardcore Champion
Two-time ECW Champion
One-time United States Champion
One-time WCW Tag Team Champion
One-time WCW Light Heavyweight Champio

Although no.2 is far more legit. 31

EDGE

12-time World Tag Team Champion
Seven-time World Heavyweight Champion
Five-time Intercontinental Champion
Four-time WWE Champion
Two-time WWE Tag Team Champion
One-time United States Champion

Bowser

The Undertaker was previously scheduled to be backstage at WWE Raw tonight in Brooklyn, however PWInsider.com is reporting Undertaker flew back to his home in Texas from New York this morning, so he will not be at Raw tonight.

No word on why plans have changed, but as noted Paul Heyman is expected to appear on Raw tonight to address the finish of last night’s SummerSlam main event.

Despite being banged up following his match with Brock Lesnar, there reportedly has been no talk of Undertaker sustaining any serious injuries last night.

Fuckin' Taker, couldn't even stay for one more night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I read an article that said Taker passed out after his match with Lesnar. That's basically 2/2. Honestly, how can WWE send him out there again with Brock? I don't blame Lesnar or accuse him of being too rough. Taker is 50 years old and he's going against arguably the strongest guy on the current roster and one of the best athletes WWE has ever seen.

Saw the video. Didn't look good. Taker's the kind of dude who has always been talked of to say "don't treat me like an old man" so that's just how it is. Lesnar brings it, and it shows because in the ring, didn't look bad.

This also might be part of feeding this mystique that's left.

jmdajr

How many title reigns does HHH have and would you be okay with HHH vs Cena being for "the record"

HHH 23

Eight-time WWE Champion
Five-time World Heavyweight Champion
Two-time European Champion
Two-time World Tag Team Champion
One-time WWE Tag Team Champion

The big problem is that Gedo and Jado love Nak as IC champ since he's enough of a draw so he can main event the twin shows. Goto is my boy too, but he just doesn't have the drawing power of the big names anymore. I'm thinking Nak regains the title and we get Nak vs. AJ as the semi-main of WKX.

That would only leave the tag league to set-up Nak vs AJ for the belt, I guess it could be done, but I'm not so sure - if the belt isn't on the line then it can just be a 'special singles match' and doesn't need any real build. Also, I kinda saw Goto facing Shibata for the IC belt at WK, as the theme of their tag matches this year (and their aborted tag run) was miscommunication, so I'd see them having a falling out during the tag league (which Naito & Sombra are totally winning) to set up an IC title match for WK10.

Also, Goto hasn't really been given a chance to headline sans-Nakamura. I'm not blind to his deficiencies and know he'll always have an uphill battle when it comes to getting the fans behind him, but I don't think he should be written off. Lastly, Styles losing against Okada at KoPW and then facing Shinsuke at WK for the IC belt without another singles match in between just wouldn't sit right with me.

Shame pro wrestling north america is so borked. stuff like this would be fun. Imagine Cena in ROH

Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated HARASHIMA in the Dramatic Dream Match between two aces. HARASHIMA had the crowd support in his favour but Tanahashi took control by targeting his opponent’s left knee. The crowd booed but Tanahashi ignored it to focus on the match. However he did take time to play the air guitar while working the knee for more heel heat. HARASHIMA turned the tables when he sent Tanahashi into the turnbuckles with the John Woo Dropkick. Foot Stomps and a Superplex couldn’t put the New Japan superstar away and he regained control with the Dragon Screw followed by a Texas Cloverleaf. HARASHIMA fought back with a High Kick but his Somato attempt was countered into the Sling Blade. HARASHIMA eventually hit the Somato but was in too much pain to get the pin in time. He went for the Swan Dive Somato but Tanahashi avoided it. HARASHIMA hit a stiff punch out of desperation but Tanahashi gave him the Dharma Suplex and won with the the High Fly Flow. After the match HARASHIMA offered to shake hands but Tanahashi refused. Tanahashi recently said in a podcast that he hates shaking hands after a match and he doesn’t understand why some wrestlers do it immediately after a heated fight. Tanahashi vented his frustrations in the post-match interview.

Sephzilla

I have to say guys, all things considered WWE really delivered this weekend, both NXT and SummerSlam were a job well done.

Agreed. Takeover completely out-shined Summerslam but Summerslam itself was pretty good despite a dumb as fuck ending.

HHH 23

Eight-time WWE Champion
Five-time World Heavyweight Champion

Two-time European Champion
Two-time World Tag Team Champion
One-time WWE Tag Team Champion

So he's at 13. C'mon Hiatch, betray Rollins and take the belts to get up to 14

/s

Getting into Lucha Underground finally and yeah. Its real good.

Also dug up this quote about the time Sexy Star did a tryout for WWE in 2010.

AAA Women’s Champion Sexy Star received harsh reviews as company officials felt her work was terrible, her English was terrible and that she was overweight. They also felt she wasn’t pretty looking without her mask on. John Laurinaitis told those in FCW that when it comes to hiring female talent, the standard is if they aren’t pretty enough to appear in Playboy, then they shouldn’t be hired.

I am super happy those dark Laurinaitis days or over. Current WWE isnt perfect with picking talent (just look at the Tough Enough finalists) but the years when Johnny Ace was calling the shots seem like a lost generation for the most part.

That DX neon green!

break it down!

Hunter walked into the room, telling Stephanie that she was needed elsewhere by Vince. She gave him a quick peck on the lips before heading off. The door shut behind her as Hunter turned to watch her leave, then looked back at the sofa in the office
"Hey... Good show out there, kid..."

Hunter said as he sat next to a sweaty and shirtless Seth Rollins. His hand caressing his right shoulder quite softly. Seth looked down, a little embarrassed by his boss' praise before locking eyes with him as he would lock up physically with opponents in the ring.
"Thanks Paul... I mean, Boss. I couldn't have done it without you. I owe my career and livelihood to you."

Hunter raised his right hand, covering and stroking his own mouth, trying to pat down a smile as if it were Rob Van Dam at a police checkpoint.
"No need to be sorry, kid. Besides... I kinda like it when you call me Paul..."

Seth's face would be flushed a soft pink after hearing that, his lips quiver as if he were on Arrow. The WWE and US titles both lay across his thighs as Hunter would rest his hands on the titles, causing Seth to gasp ever so slightly
"You deserve it, kiddo..."

Hunter said with a sly smirk as Seth-kun would shyly return eye contact. In a nervous state of mind, Seth would stand up to leave as Hunter would grip at his dexterous wrist in an attempt to stop him. Seth would lose his balance, still tuckered out after his grueling bout with Johnathan earlier. Seth would then fall onto his back, the titles scattering across the floor, as he pulled Hunter on top of him on accident. Hunter's imposing physique would lay over Seth, his shirt more undone than usual under his blazer.
"I...I should go. I'm sorry for pulling you do with me, Hun-"

Before Seth could mutter his name Hunter pursed Seth's lips with his index finger and shook his head softly
" Right now... this isn't Seth Rollins talking to Triple H... This is Colby Lopez talking to Paul Levesque."

Paul leaned in to Colby's left ear, bushing his hair behind it as his stubble would tickle the lobe. In almost a whisper he would mutter
" Colby... I only got two words for ya..."

Seth-Rollins-WWE-Triple-H-665x385.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching nXt special

another womens match is the MOTN? im not even phased anymore, I just get depressed when they get "promoted" / called up

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, they made a lot of those "15 times" shirt, so they need to sell through for a couple more months. Expect the win at Survivor Series.

I predicted a Cena loss the moment he came out with those shirts and brought up the record because it had never really been brought up before that and WWE loves to milk shit like this.

In fact, Cena's had two separate title shots before where he could have tied that record and they didn't even mention it from my recollection (Cena's rematch with Lesnar and the Triple Threat at Royal Rumble)

dream

So what's the problem with that?

It leads to people being incredibly shocked when they discover that the characters they idolize aren't actually representative of the real life actors playing them.

It's like when people were so shocked that Hulk is a horrible human being. "But he teamed with Mr. T!"

Top Bottom