• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's not shifting goalposts. He used the example of NXT being good and Raw being bad. I'm just asking if he's considered that not everyone shares that opinion with him.

That's exactly what shifting the goal posts is because its completely irrelevant to the actual conversation and just rephrases the entire conversation in a way that people are forced to agree with you

I want Rusev out of that angle

like put him anywhere else really, just out of that angle

I don't know which angle I want over more, Ziggler/Rusev or Wyatt/Shield (Orton/Sheamus is worse, sure). In a perfect world Ambrose and Rusev would be doing something more interesting and Reigns would go full Dothraki Warlord and turn heel.

NoRéN

Cesaro will be that one to beat the Beast.

Wrestlemania Main Event
Swiss Superman vs. God-King Doomsday (w/ Braniac Heyman in his corner)

anigif_enhanced-5284-1427679713-17.gif

Never forget friends...

How I could I forget about the truest baby face on the roster?

imBask

Banned
This is the first year there has ever been a decline in cable history, and it was only by .5%. So not really. The cord cutter narrative is pretty over hyped.

really? damn. Why do people pay for cable, it's such terrible value... well at least it is in Canada, how are the prices in the US? over here BASIC cable starts at $50 CAD which is down right ridiculous IMO

Maybe but still not at it's lowest. As a percentage it's still not there.

You want a cookie when it's get's there?

a cookie and a statue please

Sephzilla

Fuck Rusev, try being a Bray Wyatt fan after 2013. That boy's career never stood a chance against Big Match John.

Who's career stalled the most since getting the death touch from Cena?

1) Bray Wyatt
2) Alberto Del Rio
3) Damien Sandow
4) *Spot reserved for Seth Rollins*

LOL @ the idea that there are Bray Wyatt fans. You might as well root for Los Matadores at that point.

Bray Wyatt fans probably also watch Duck Dynasty religiously but spend no money on concessions or merchandise.

Bronx-Man

Banned
LOL @ the idea that there are Bray Wyatt fans. You might as well root for Los Matadores at that point.

Bray Wyatt fans probably also watch Duck Dynasty religiously but spend no money on concessions or merchandise.
I watch Bigfoot Hunters, available exclusively on Destination America, thank you very much.

WWE ratings are trending down.smackdown is dire.

Raw for the month of June averaged a 2.67 rating and 3.77 million viewers. That’s down 8.2 percent in ratings and 9.2 percent in total audience from the 2014 June average of a 2.91 rating and 4.15 million viewers. The 2013 number was 2.91 rating and 3.95 million viewers and the 2012 numbers were a 3.21 rating and 4.66 million viewers.

Smackdown for the month of June averaged a 1.77 rating and 2.48 million viewers. That’s down 5.9 percent in ratings and 8.5 percent in viewers from the 1.88 rating and 2.71 million viewers from last year. However, the June 2013 numbers were a 1.78 average rating and 2.38 million viewers and 2012 was a 1.82 rating and 2.61 million viewers. This year’s show aired on Thursday, a significantly better night to draw than the Friday of the previous years

I'm glad to see Yeezus back in the thread, just in time for us to laugh about Bray Wyatt taking another clean pin, but this time in a tag match. HA

really? damn. Why do people pay for cable, it's such terrible value... well at least it is in Canada, how are the prices in the US? over here BASIC cable starts at $50 CAD which is down right ridiculous IMO

a cookie and a statue please

It's worth it if you like watching TV and sports. 200 channels including NFL Network, internet, and phone is under $200 most places. Basic cable for Comcast is around $20 I think. That might be just the local channels, actually. Not sure.

Fox318

There is no reason for smackdown to exsist aside from talent trying different things free of some constraints and a workrate proving ground.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
WWE ratings are trending down.smackdown is dire.

Maybe someone would watch it if there was any point to Smackdown existing as something other than 1 1/2 hours of Raw highlights and 6 man face vs. heel tag matches

RP912

Banned
Fuck Rusev, try being a Bray Wyatt fan after 2013. That boy's career never stood a chance against Big Match John.

:( I'm still a Wyatt fan. Shit feels like high school all over again when you try to tell wrestling fans that Bray Wyatt is one of the best currently. You get ridiculed, especially when you say that he can cut a good promo.

Cagey

Banned
I'd throw Owens in here too.

Stalled? What was Kevin Owens supposed to do? Win the US title and have the same exact feud with Cesaro? He's been around since June 2015. Give him time to have a career.

Kevin Owens was never becoming a heavyweight champion challenger to Brock Lesnar at WM32 despite some beating off to the idea here.

I don't think I've ever seen Bray win a match.

He beat Reigns at Battleground, Ambrose on a random SmackDown, Ambrose on a May Raw, and Ryback at Payback.

:( I'm still a Wyatt fan. Shit feels like high school all over again when you try to tell wrestling fans that Bray Wyatt is one of the best currently. You get ridiculed, especially when you say that he can cut a good promo.

The bloom is off that rose too. His promos go nowhere and accomplish nothing; they're channel changers for me at this point.

I'm sorry, friend, but he's consistently terrible. Especially with promos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who's career stalled the most since getting the death touch from Cena?

1) Bray Wyatt
2) Alberto Del Rio
3) Damien Sandow
4) *Spot reserved for Seth Rollins*

I'd argue none of them have had issues directly related to Cena at all.

Wyatt remained an interesting character, albeit a little tired to a lot of people -but he still moves his shirts and merch, and still garners attention.

Del Rio died thanks to Sheamus

Sandow ain't shit, never was shit.

jmdajr

Stalled? What was Kevin Owens supposed to do? Win the US title and have the same exact feud with Cesaro? He's been around since June 2015. Give him time to have a career.

Kevin Owens was never becoming a heavyweight champion challenger to Brock Lesnar at WM32 despite some beating off to the idea here.

Cesaro though!

Bronx-Man

Banned
We shall carry this burden together, brother.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whose career that isn't in the 'co-main events' of last night in the WWE ISN'T stalled? Even Roman Reigns just feels like he's sitting in the same empty lobby room with all the other mid-card guys getting his randomized feud every month.

Angry Grimace

I still maintain the reason Bray seemed like he was good was that he never wrestled anyone. He just sat around being a sinister troll. Now he just randomly is involved in matches on Raw (and loses)

klonere

Banned
Whatever about the Taker/Brock ending.

Paul Heyman is going to sell the everloving shit out of it on Raw. It will be a promo to end all promos.

I'm glad to see Yeezus back in the thread, just in time for us to laugh about Bray Wyatt taking another clean pin, but this time in a tag match. HA
tumblr_n8da54GYKp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Agreed. Everyone's so impatient these days. Give it time.
People still Wyatt fans in 2015

tumblr_ncg0mmd3nD1tkpiboo1_400.gif
I love this

Whatever about the Taker/Brock ending.

Paul Heyman is going to sell the everloving shit out of it on Raw. It will be a promo to end all promos.

He's going to have to since 'Taker's not there.

Maybe Kane makes his return tonight only for Brock to send him packing again.

Sephzilla

Did Sandow have a career beforehand?

He had the MITB contract, as well as a good gimmick. After he couldn't beat a one armed Cena he was cosplaying Magneto.

I'm afraid I've got some bad news....

Remember The Nexus

Good point

I'd throw Owens in here too.

Owens was part of the double-main event of the best show of the weekend and also beat Cesaro. I wouldn't throw in there yet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Please explain how John Cena ruined these men's careers.

He hasn't, that's the bottom line. Cena's tried to elevate people, but much like any vehicle, if all the parts aren't working together, it won't go. Your engine can only be so powerful, but if you're missing a tire, you won't move.

Angry Grimace

RAW always seems shitty because you can't fill 3 hours of time with nothing but good stuff. If you just watch the condensed version on Hulu its actually way better.

Smackdown is obviously worse because nothing ever happens on it (because nobody watches it) so its always 0 hours of anything good happening.

Top Bottom