• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Changing pretty much anything about Roman's character would be a positive.

I'm not gonna say Roman hasn't improved because he's way better than corny-ass pre-WM Roman, but dude still can't act for shit and can't wrestle beyond a "competent" level.

Only reason Reigns doesn't turn heel is because of all of the anti-bully stuff they filmed and the ads with him and his daughter.

They could just make him heel anyways, but I think that's already Kevin Owens gimmick.

Fox318

Hm. Was it Vince's decision to have HHH and Steph on the NXT show?

Probably with Steph but HHH lets Regal be the figurehead on the show.

I mean HHH could have wrestled at Summerslam but honestly I think he wanted a break because NXT is building and getting bigger.

klonere

Banned
heel Roman just sounds like another way to get The Authority angle to last even longer

anything but more

rS1sXNw.gif

Probably with Steph but HHH lets Regal be the figurehead on the show.

I mean HHH could have wrestled at Summerslam but honestly I think he wanted a break because NXT is building and getting bigger.

Interesting. I'm not sure why Vince would put Stephanie on the NXT show, but let HHH make the decision for himself to open the show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Interesting. I'm not sure why Vince would put Stephanie on the NXT show, but let HHH make the decision for himself to open the show.

Ironic echo: you know that Stephanie and HHH are a married couple right

Fox318

Changing pretty much anything about Roman's character would be a positive.

I'm not gonna say Roman hasn't improved because he's way better than corny-ass pre-WM Roman, but dude still can't act for shit and can't wrestle beyond a "competent" level.

They could just make him heel anyways, but I think that's already Kevin Owens gimmick.

Owens is the dad who finds out you bullied his son then keys the parents car, takes a baseball bat to their dog, and forces you to eat a bowl of chili with your parents in it.

VWzqtRh.png

I don't even know what point you're trying to get across anymore

Someone said that HHH and Stephanie will never be off TV as long as Vince is in control.

I asked if it was Vince's decision to put them on the NXT show, since he apparently has no control of it.

The answer was probably for Stephanie, no for HHH.

Does this mean that Vince is or isn't hands off with NXT? I don't know. People seem to have conflicting opinions.

klonere

Banned

Yeah I don't think Vince has much to do with that in NXT. HHH wanted his Heyman "This is EC effin W" moment. Steph takes habits from her old man but isn't directed to such this by him I'd guess.

Good luck to the winners of Tough Enough

When they talked about Henry being willing to eat shit, it was actually to make fun of him because a few years back when he was first breaking in and most of the guys resented him because he was signed to a ten-year contract at $250,000 and had an attitude of not wanting to learn to wrestle and also they found out he was being paid by McMahon before the Olympics as well, someone put a real-life turd in his sandwich

Sephzilla

Someone said that HHH and Stephanie will never be off TV as long as Vince is in control.

I asked if it was Vince's decision to put them on the NXT show, since he apparently has no control of it.

The answer was probably for Stephanie, no for HHH.

Does this mean that Vince is or isn't hands off with NXT? I don't know.

This was the first time HHH had been on camera for NXT since he booked the #1 contender triple threat match a long time ago. The last time Steph was on NXT was for the first Takeover on WWE Network over a year ago. Neither of them were in their normal Authority character and were just plugging NXT and showing how much it's grown. HHH and Steph have been off NXT TV for a long time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd rather see a US Title tourney than just eliminating the title.

Also, Reigns does need to turn heel and Ambrose needs to stay face.

This was the first time HHH had been on camera for NXT since he booked the #1 contender triple threat match a long time ago. The last time Steph was on NXT was for the first Takeover on WWE Network over a year ago. Neither of them were in their normal Authority character and were just plugging NXT and showing how much it's grown. HHH and Steph have been off NXT TV for a long time.

Well, was it another Vince power play, like some have suggested? That's the real question.

Angry Grimace

I don't even know what point you're trying to get across anymore

The problem is that you guys are taking dumb questions that are only calculated to create pointless arguing seriously. Asking how HHH and Stephanie got themselves speaking parts on NXT Takeover is a straight up asinine.

HHH runs the brand and Stephanie is married to him and is also the daughter of the person bankrolling it. How is this something we need to ponder? Like, at all?

Yo Ya Dealing With The X-Factor
I've got everything i ever wanted and I'm going to get that back
Oh! i know you hate X-Factor but you don't have to look at me like that
I say you ain't have to look at me like that

What you lookin' at
What you lookin' at
What you lookin' at
What you lookin' at

You run around pulling stunts like that
You can never run my life like a punk like that
I ain't caught like that
I couldn't run like that
I'm keeping that bitch who's gonna take my hat
Oh I'm knockin' on your back when the day looks glim
(You're dealing with the X-Factor)

I spend a lot of money with the time walk whimps
I remembered the cruel
Remembered the Good times
Remember the Urge and remember the Sunshine
Its all going as a thing of the past
The The fact remains that it goes real fast
So while you sit around when things don't change
I can sit here and Sing 'Hey Rocky Wait'

I've got a cousin baby who like being good to me
And i know it makes you mad because you cant see

I've got everything i ever wanted and I'm gonna get it back
Yo i know you hate X-Factor but you don't have to look at me like that
I say you ain't gotta look at me like that, or that

What ya lookin' at
What ya lookin' at
What ya lookin' at
What ya lookin' at

You'll hear me coming on a source of redemption
I've been a blast for blast in detention
I've got the withstantion
But ill probably have a car when i need 1

I'm poor by the pants you bought
Let me trail a rock to get help for 1
A poor man in the back but the time we've wasted
You want this all back so you can taste it
And the Detroit that can you feel that, feel that
I hit a move, can you feel that, Feel that
I on the back of a 2 triple 0
We've all provelied and were all Americans people

I've to tell you Baby, Life's 2 good 4 me
And i know you hate that cos I'm too good to c

I've got everything i ever wanted and I'm going to get that back
Oh I no you hate X-Factor but you ain't got to look at me like that
I say you ain't got to look at me like that

What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at

I'm here to tell you baby lifes 2 gud 2 me
I know that makes you cry but thats all you can see

I've got everything i ever wanted and im gonna get that back
I know you hate X-Factor but you dont have to look at me like that
I say you aint gotta luk at me like that

What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at
What ya lookin at (HUH)
What ya lookin at

I swear, lyrics on lyrics sites are compiled by illiterates.

Alucard

Banned
Summerslam sounds like it was quite eventful and entertaining.

I think we need to stop using the adjective "good" to describe PPVS, as it doesn't really mean anything. Same with "bad". Let's get more specific. Why was it good? Why was it bad? Are you just mad that you didn't get the finish YOU wanted?

Fox318

Steph's role on TV right now is to attach herself to the hip of the NXT Women's wrestling advancement and try to get any Rhonda Rousy or other mainstream women's group attention about the WWE.

Except on Saturday she was dead on right talking about the NXT women starting a revolution.

When Sasha Banks first got there they wanted her to do hair pulling and : "Diva stuff"

Sephzilla

You're going to hurt something with all of the stretching you're doing. Also, I'm pretty sure you missed the obvious implications with this comment

As long as Vince is alive Steph and HHH will be centerstage.

Vince runs Raw directly. The show where Steph and HHH are a weekly presence, performing an authority gimmick that is 15 years past its shelf-life but lives on because it was a gimmick that Vince was part of and got over. The implication of Fox's comment is that Steph and HHH will constantly be centerstage on Raw as long as Vince is alive/in charge because Vince seems to think a McMahon + Authority gimmick is still money.

Meanwhile, on NXT, HHH and Steph aren't on centerstage characters and make (collectively) less than a half-dozen appearances in an entire year.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'd rather see a US Title tourney than just eliminating the title.

Also, Reigns does need to turn heel and Ambrose needs to stay face.

Only way I see Ambrose and Reigns both turning heel is if Rollins decides he's had enough of the Authority; gets Reigns and Ambrose to join him again, and you re-form the Shield as a heel faction and they get the Authority removed / turn the Authority into babyfaces. Then you do full blown "Shield turns on beast mode"; Reigns and Ambrose grab the secondary titles and the tag titles - and you have the rest of the company trying to bring them down.

Little more detailed version would be that Rollins gets even more of a big head and starts dressing down HHH / Steph; in retaliation, HHH gives Lesnar his title re-match in a no-DQ / cage match (say, at Survivor Series), at which point Rollins convinces Reigns and Ambrose to join back up and the three of them beat Lesnar down and pin Lesnar. Rollins no longer needs the Authority; and starts rolling with the Shield, while HHH and Steph turn face trying to find folks capable of stopping the Shield.

Note: If Bryan gets cleared - I'd do this and have HHH / Steph bring Bryan back to deal with the Shield, ala shades of the run-up to WM 30.

I really want to like Becky Lynch because she is beautiful, and she is a good hand. But her demeanor is so grating. She constantly comes off like the little sister who is jumping on her big sister's shoulders, screaming "look at me, world, I'm pretty good too! Aren't I pretty good too? I belong here too!"

I actually agree with you Dream. The taped promos she did for her match with Sasha and for the piece on Balor came off as the best mic work I've seen from any of the women on the roster and made it really easy to empathise with her as a character. However all of her live stuff comes off as utterly forced.

In the ring she probably has one of the best approaches of anybody on the roster. She utilises good looking chain wrestling, suplexes and submissions in her moveset. Every piece of offence she does outside of the X-Pac leg drops focuses on her opponents arm to set up her finisher. She doesn't stoop to heel tactics but she'll hold on until the 4 count and push the rules to their limits because she wants to win. Her character should the reflect cool vicious technical expect that she is in the ring, not bubbly "Lass kicking" steampunk lady.

Fox318

If Bryan ever does get cleared again he should wrestle the same number of matches Brock or Undertaker do every year.

He should be part time for the rest of his life unless he can prove that he changed his style to a point where he can work a full schedule.

Angry Grimace

Only way I see Ambrose and Reigns both turning heel is if Rollins decides he's had enough of the Authority; gets Reigns and Ambrose to join him again, and you re-form the Shield as a heel faction and they get the Authority removed / turn the Authority into babyfaces. Then you do full blown "Shield turns on beast mode"; Reigns and Ambrose grab the secondary titles and the tag titles - and you have the rest of the company trying to bring them down.

Little more detailed version would be that Rollins gets even more of a big head and starts dressing down HHH / Steph; in retaliation, HHH gives Lesnar his title re-match in a no-DQ / cage match (say, at Survivor Series), at which point Rollins convinces Reigns and Ambrose to join back up and the three of them beat Lesnar down and pin Lesnar. Rollins no longer needs the Authority; and starts rolling with the Shield, while HHH and Steph turn face trying to find folks capable of stopping the Shield.

Note: If Bryan gets cleared - I'd do this and have HHH / Steph bring Bryan back to deal with the Shield, ala shades of the run-up to WM 30.

I don't think they would turn Ambrose heel for an obvious reason - people would cheer Ambrose anyways.

People would react completely appropriately to Reigns being heel. The booking writes itself - the crowds treat him like shit, he should just say "fuck 'em" and be a jerkass. The only reason I could see this not being way better is due to Roman being a bad actor.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Summerslam sounds like it was quite eventful and entertaining.

I think we need to stop using the adjective "good" to describe PPVS, as it doesn't really mean anything. Same with "bad". Let's get more specific. Why was it good? Why was it bad? Are you just mad that you didn't get the finish YOU wanted?
Dunn pls

Top Bottom