• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Well your post implies that she's not dropping the title. Why wouldn't she request to drop the title? Is there something about Nikki Bella that would prevent her from saying, "I'm hurt, please let me drop the title to X"? Is the concept of her being told "No, we need you to keep the title, but we'll put you in tags" something that could never apply to Nikki? Because that's happened a ton of times over the years for most titles in most promotions.

Because Nikki's on top and why would she drop the title when shes on top especially so close to becoming the longest reigning diva's champion. She's wrestled singles matches recently so this whole injury bs is a moot point. I'll be glad when she's finally the longest reigning diva's champion because maybe the WWE will finally let her defend it after.

Mahonay

Banned
At the end, it will be just one bigass tagteam match.

And then comes Brock out and buries them all.

We deserved no better

Brock-Lesnar-Wink.gif

Mahonay

Banned
I think tonight is the first time I felt bad for Big Show. Poor Big Show. Team face are a bunch of bullying assholes apparently.

Stephanie with the boob window tonight.

Browny

Banned
I've just realised that may be the most amount of work I do today... Better pull my finger out.

Cool to see the Dudleys back. Not sure any of the current tag teams need the rub, but the division as a whole just got a little fresher.

jred2k

"Wins and loses, who cares?" Is probably the most perfect summary of the Divas Revolution. It's been a month and a half of parity booking. It's supposed to make the division look competitive, but it just feels like none of the matches have stakes and nothing matters. Has any group other than the Bellas even mentioned wanting the belt on TV?

if the goal is to do a some slow burn and slowly change the perception of the divas(whiich yes is how it should be), then perhaps they should stop marketing this as some immediate "divas revolution" and stop saying the term 4553 times a night.

goddamn I can't stress how much I hate it when they constantly harp on and on about revolution, reminds me of what they did to Fandangoing.

Menome

Catching up with RAW. Paul Heyman could be firing me, stealing my girlfriend and feeding me a plate of broccoli & courgette and I'd still feel like it was the greatest moment in time.

Menome

Thought that was leading up to the three-way* for the Championship match. Instead, it was...that. Becky was best of the bunch though.

*Fight, you dirty gits.

Seriously, who is this third Wyatt and why did he not go through NXT?

Oh right, because he is big.

url]

Yep, everyone knows that size is the most important factor when becoming a WWE wrestler. The right physical stature means you're a default superstar. Closely tied as second-place factors are being a second/third generation carny and being a failed NFL player.

However, if you have exposure on the global wrestling stage and you've headlined ROH shows or your trained for years in the NJPW dojo, you need to go to NXT and learn a thing or two about wrestling and so HHH can take credit for your existence.

Great opening to Raw. Heyman is a top notch actor. Damn good to see him work.

New Day stay winning. Great to see them get into a good groove and showcase their big range of talents.

Dudley Boys return was awesome. Tag division is starting to get really fun! Shame Cesaro/Kidd ended when they were really starting to hit their stride, hope Kidd is back eventually. Along with PTP and the Lucha Dragons it's going to be a ton of fun.

Rollins/Authority promo was weird, Rollins was goofy but H/Steph played it straight, expected a quip after that "love you guys" line :(

So we all in agreement that the Divas revolution has officially falling flat on its face right?

Doing the tag stuff was such a bad idea. I get it. You want to pad out Nikki's title run so you can write AJ off the history books but still.... its been a shit show.

What the tag stuff did was take 3 great women wrestlers. And made sure they didn't wrestle each other. And then you put Sasha Banks with 2 dead weights. Uhhhhh....

My fantasy booking to right this train wreck.

You got 3 more weeks of Nikki Bella title sitting and there aint no getting around that. right?

Next week you do one more tag match with whoever. Stephanie comes out and announces that next they are doing a number 1 contender match for the title. Charlotte v Page v Becky.

Then you do that match the following week.

And finally the week after you do the match. Bella wins with shenanigans and you write AJ off the books.

Then with that finally over with the next PPV you get that belt off her and put it on Sasha or Charlotte and this tag stuff is never mentioned again.

I do not know who you completely solve the Bella problem since they will probably still suck the life out of the scene in a John Cena like fashion for months to come but they need to get to a point where Charlotte, Becky and Sasha are wrestling each other on a semi regular basis ASAP and they do a womens feud that doesnt involve the Bellas.

Wishful thinking though.

Its the same issues a few years ago when Cena was bogarting the title scene and no one could get anywhere and just like with Cena, the Womens division is not going to fix itself with a simple title change. Say what you will about Cena but he can work a decent match and cut a promo. Most of the women who have been on RAW the last 5 years cant.

And yeah the crowd last night was still terrible to them but so was the match. Its a tough break. Some shit heads where shitting on Sasha v Bayley at the start and by the end of that match they where as into it as any WWE title match I have ever seen.

Browny

Banned
Just watched the Wyatt segment - Stowman looks like a monster, hopefully this will be a good return to form for the group.

It won't be because Reigns wins lol.

Zach

I see the Stinger made his glorious return. :D

And that the "revolution" is the same old crap, just with talented workers. What a waste. D:

Alucard

Banned
Seth's promo to end the show was excellent last night. By pointing to the history of WWE legends getting their own statues, he built up anticipation for the reveal. This also succeeded in making the moment feel grandiose and significant. His line about it almost being bigger than a Hall of Fame induction amped up the importance that much more. The bloviating was appropriately cocky, smarmy, and arrogant. I absolutely loved it.

After last night, I finally feel that Seth Rollins has made it. While it can all go to pot through poor booking, for now, I feel as though Rollins is the legit champion with how well he's carrying himself. Once he gets away from Triple H, he will be that much bigger.

Well done, WWE.

Sephzilla

4 Hour Summerslam - One over booked tag team match = #DivasRevolution

The entire Divas Revolution angle is just an excuse to pad out Nikki's title reign in order to write Mrs CM Punk out of the record books. After Nikki breaks that record I wouldn't be surprised if we're back to 2 minute matches with roll-up finishes in the Divas division.

So we all in agreement that the Divas revolution has officially falling flat on its face right?

That talent is there but the booking is good awful. It's hardly a Diva's revolution when it's obvious the WWE is scared to use devote time to multiple stories and instead opts to continue dumping them all in to a single three team feud.

Like I said last night, turn Charlotte heel on her fellow team members. Have her beat the ever loving shit out of Becky in the middle of the ring. She has good motivation for wanting to get out of her father's shadow on Raw, especially since it keeps getting brought up.

They need to blow that shit up into something watchable.

Menome

Now that I'm at a PC and not my phone; goodbye cheeky Jimmy Havoc avatar. At least you weren't a Minion.

Going to go watch the trombone again.

Sephzilla

The "falling right on its face" Divas Revolution is why (in hindsight) I really wish Sasha Banks vs Bayley would have gone on last at Takeover Brooklyn. That way an NXT event would have ended with a women's match that would have torn the house down and went on longer than Balor vs Owens - which would have really made SummerSlams overbooked nonsense look even worse.

Top Bottom