• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Fox318

Is there a way to watch any replays of Raw or do you need the network? If the latter, how soon after Raw can you watch it?

they have some clips on youtube but they are almost always edited down
Hulu has a 2 hour edit
and Raws on the Network go live after a month.

klonere

Banned
I've been trying to get into AJPW for a little while now. I've seen some of the Kings Road stuff, but only really a couple of matches if I'm honest.

But my questions is, where would I watch this stuff? I've only ever found low quality youtube/dailmotion rips.

It moves around a lot as recently there was a big takedown on Dailymotion of a bunch of AJPW stuff.

This is the best spot to find it now http://www.veoh.com/users/RealHero120, sadly Veoh has no playlist function like Dailymotion does to group them by event/organization.

Oh and just search "Realhero" on dailymotion for other Japanese stuff.

Is there a way to watch any replays of Raw or do you need the network? If the latter, how soon after Raw can you watch it?

One month delay on them getting on the network. If you don't have the channel to watch it live you have to rely on ~certain sites~ to get a VoD.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
oHFVGeH.gif

Somebody needs a hug

Why can't they just run with the 4 horsewomen? Should have just had them come in and run roughshod over the divas division. I've heard Paige can wrestle, maybe have her be the Dusty Rhodes to Sasha's Flair.

Fox318

Why can't they just run with the 4 horsewomen? Should have just had them come in and run roughshod over the divas division. I've heard Paige can wrestle, maybe have her be the Dusty Rhodes to Sasha's Flair.

WWE doesn't have the guts to do a proper invasion angle like WCW and let the invaders look strong.

Its why Shane not Eric was the WCW leader, Steph not Paul was the ECW leader, Vince not Eric was the nWo leader, and why Steph is the figurehead for them taking the women seriously

It moves around a lot as recently there was a big takedown on Dailymotion of a bunch of AJPW stuff.

This is the best spot to find it now http://www.veoh.com/users/RealHero120, sadly Veoh has no playlist function like Dailymotion does to group them by event/organization.

Oh and just search "Realhero" on dailymotion for other Japanese stuff.

Cheers man. I'll definitely need to watch this stuff.

Are there any matches in particular that I should keep an eye out for? As I've said, I've only seen a splattering of matches out of order.

Xater

WWE doesn't have the guts to do a proper invasion angle like WCW and let the invaders look strong.

Its why Shane not Eric was the WCW leader, Steph not Paul was the ECW leader, Vince not Eric was the nWo leader, and why Steph is the figurehead for them taking the women seriously

Plus their shit creative didn't come up with it, so no.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It was goofy as all fuck when you had Steph introduce and pair them into these groups. They either should've arrived solo or come as their own group against the current division.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you could pick a tag for a WrassleGAFfer, who would it be for and what would it say?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

Because Bayley broke her hand right as they were getting ready to call everyone up; which is why I suspect they split the four of them up. I suspect they were originally planning Bayley / Becky / Charlotte / Sasha to come in and take out the existing divas and start a feud that way; but with Bayley being out of commission, they probably called an audible.

why are you blaming the crowd? the segment was cringeworthy, it was the worst acting/promo delivery i've seen in a long time... Alicia Fox is the worst performer in this company, it's unbelievable that she still has a job. Miz was the only thing holding this mess together

and they proceeded to have a HORRIBLE 3 v 3 match right after. The crowd had every right to be pissed, you guys don't make a big deal about it when the crowd boo Sheamus

I'm not denying that the booking was bad, and the crowd totally has a right to be pissed. But there are other ways of going about it. It comes off as disrespectful to the divas with talent that deserve better.

Fox318

Because Bayley broke her hand right as they were getting ready to call everyone up; which is why I suspect they split the four of them up. I suspect they were originally planning Bayley / Becky / Charlotte / Sasha to come in and take out the existing divas and start a feud that way; but with Bayley being out of commission, they probably called an audible.

Meltzer said the program was going to debut at Summerslam but they rushed it because the US Women's national soccer team world cup victory.

imBask

Banned
I'm not denying that the booking was bad, and the crowd totally has a right to be pissed. But there are other ways of going about it. It comes off as disrespectful to the divas with talent that deserve better.

meh, sadly this is how sports work... it's a cruel world, people boo professional athlete all the time based on their performance

Iceman829

A hot UK crowd would be sick but an international PPV after their first big show would be reaching real far. Still need to make sure everything is working perfectly before attempting something like that. Maybe the house show tour is a test out of that!

I'm hoping the tour goes well and they decide to do a PPV in 2016 in the UK. As the crowd is part of the show (for better or worse sometimes) it would be interesting to hear the UK crowd going wild for the people they like. I know production had some issues in Brooklyn where the screens were turned off and people chanted to get them back on. Of course there was that fatal 4 way botch that was just ugly. The more they travel the more experience everyone gets (crew included). It also gets everyone used to being on the road which helps if they make it to the main roster.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Because they only get 1 match per night. Its the tag division if everyone in the tag division was Los Matadores.

meh, sadly this is how sports work... it's a cruel world, people boo professional athlete all the time based on their performance

I understand that point, I just wish the chants would target the shit WWE writing the Divas are saddled with more directly vs the divas themselves. I also understand it's a half drunk Monday night crowd, so it's whatever. I wasn't deeply offended by it, just saying it was the one thing that stuck out in an otherwise great show.

I understand that point, I just wish the chants would target the shit WWE writing the Divas are saddled with more directly vs the divas themselves. I also understand it's a half drunk Monday night crowd, so it's whatever. I wasn't deeply offended by it, just saying it was the one thing that stuck out in an otherwise great show.

I guess no-one was chanting against the people in the ring, just irrelevant shit, right? Also, how do you chant "I like the wrestlers but not the writing"

Also a revolution usually means that the old guard is outed by the new.

They should just have Sasha talk shit to Steph about how she deserves a title shot and shouldn't be forced to team with two jobbers in order to fight for nothing. Throw in something about how she's not the boss because her daddy was, but because she actually earned the title. Steph grants the match and rats her out to B.A.D. so that when Sasha's about to win the title they turn.

Unexpectedly the NXT girls were ready for it and take out B.A.D before taking out the Bella's and Paige in their confusion. Fox, Naomi & Brie are injured in the event and the remaining women have a month or two feuding with actual character motivation e.g. Becky is disappointed that her former friend Paige inspired her by kicking off the women's division on NXT only to sell out and become a reality star on the main roster, Sasha is pissed people Niki refers to herself as the best and commentary goes along with it when she's had more memorable matches in 3 months than Niki's had in her entire career. Things conclude with a 6 woman tag where they seek to retire the Diva's title and instate a new women's title instead, along with the condition that they're refereed to as superstars rather than divas.

I'll stop fantasy booking the women's division now and just prepare myself for Vince pulling the plug after the last few nights have proved women can't draw.

Fox318

You know why that segment really failed last night?

It had fucking Miz in it. He sucks, he has always sucked and he did nothing right to get the segment over.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
So who on the main roster other than the 3 brought up from NXT are capable of working a real match? I've heard Paige was good before, I've seen Natty wrestle a pretty good match against Charlotte, other than that I am clueless. It really seems like you'd have to send half the division back to developmental if the plan is to move forward with actual women's wrestling. That or make them all valets.

Sephzilla

I really just want Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha to turn on everyone else and go "fuck this shit, we don't need to be linked to these jobbers. Bayley, get the fuck out here" and form the Four Horsewomen.

I don't mind Paige being paired with Charlotte and Becky, but Sasha has no right to be tied down by those two wastes of space in Tamina and Mrs Uso.

I really just want Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha to turn on everyone else and go "fuck this shit, we don't need to be linked to these jobbers. Bayley, get the fuck out here" and form the Four Horsewomen.

I don't mind Paige being paired with Charlotte and Becky, but Sasha has no right to be tied down by those two wastes of space in Tamina and Mrs Uso.
dahellusos-png.3423

Y'all need to chill.

Sephzilla

Tamina has always sucked and Mrs Uso has a finisher so stupid it makes Big Show's KO punch look acceptable by comparison. They don't deserve to be paired with THE BOSS.

klonere

Banned
Did anyone notice how intense Ryback and Owens were when they were in the ring? It was really really stiff for a moment there, with them trading blows and then the double clothesline.

I kinda want an Owens vs Ryback feud.

Verendus

Banned
Guys, I think my plan is coming to fruition.

If it's Sting vs. Rollins, then that means Sting could win that title, which means we could end up with Sting vs. Cena. It wouldn't be a bad idea since they could involve Ric Flair too. This means the combo of Sting vs. Triple H, Sting vs. Cena, and Sting vs. Undertaker that I wanted two years ago might be happening.

Now all that remains is Barack vs. Reigns II.

Balee Dat.

Tamina has always sucked and Mrs Uso has a finisher so stupid it makes Big Show's KO punch look acceptable by comparison. They don't deserve to be paired with THE BOSS.

I dunno I've seen Naomi do some good stuff in the ring over the past year. In spurts, briefly, but I like her. I'd pick her out of the non-NXT roster to stay if I was cutting people, except I'd also cut Paige and give her theme music to someone else.

Fox318

Did anyone notice how intense Ryback and Owens were when they were in the ring? It was really really stiff for a moment there, with them trading blows and then the double clothesline.

I kinda want an Owens vs Ryback feud.

I was thinking the same thing.

Hell I want that feud but I don't want either to lose.

Top Bottom