• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

imBask

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;176483179 said:
say whatever you want about the bellas, but you leave the GOAT, The Miz alone, Ithil!

they're smart, if you put Miz in a segment with those divas he looks INCREDIBLY GOOD!

NastyBook

o6bQqu7.jpg

stop the damn match
*ishouldfollowxavierwoods.jpg*

I think one of the bigger issues with the Diva's section is trying to juggle 9 women in one storyline. Tamina, Fox, and Brie should just be early casualties of the war as it would show how serious they are about changing the perception of women's wrestling e.g. Becky Pentagoning Brie's arm would make her look dope for reasons other than her just being a woman who can wrestle, and it would give the weaker performers a chance to head back to development so that they improve.

Then you're left with Sasha, Becky & Charlotte vs Niki, Paige & Naomi. They get to keep their team based angle so they're not taking up too much time, however the women would actually have motivations to fight each other and they could tell a compelling story with it. You also end up with something you could actually claim is a revolution given it's the new guard going against the old guard.

Browny

Banned
Catching up on my AJPW and watched this amazing little match:
Kotaro Suzuki (c) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Watch now!
I'm not going to quote that bottom gif, because it's nasty and in my opinion, completely unnecessary. It gave me flashbacks to Michael Bennett and BJ Whitmer... :-(

(Will fast forward through that spot when I watch later)

Iceman829

Regal said they will have the next takeover special on October 7.

But if they are able to sell out a 12,500 capacity arena which im sure they will, then why the hell wouldn't they not make it a takeover. It seems dumb to have a 12k houseshow and a Takeover in front of a few hundred people.

Ah yes. Thanks for helping bring some of the details back. I guess it's just NXT "taking over" the UK on a tour. They should do a special in the UK though. It would be fun to watch. Full sail might be salty as hell, but if they can do a special and sell out it the UK they should go for it. Bigger venues, bigger crowds is better for them and the talent. More merch being sold and more exposure.

klonere

Banned
nah, you really have to be a junior (or a children) to like Bayley

4CQZq62.gif

Ah yes. Thanks for helping bring some of the details back. I guess it's just NXT "taking over" the UK on a tour. They should do a special in the UK though. It would be fun to watch. Full sail might be salty as hell, but if they can do a special and sell out it the UK they should go for it. Bigger venues, bigger crowds is better for them and the talent. More merch being sold and more exposure.

A hot UK crowd would be sick but an international PPV after their first big show would be reaching real far. Still need to make sure everything is working perfectly before attempting something like that. Maybe the house show tour is a test out of that!

Guys, I thought I was supposed to be getting the return of Kane after Summerslam, instead all I got was the old man called Sting.
All of that months long Kane and Rollins build up for nothing, this silly company.

Barrett basically getting dropped to full on jobber status as well, this raw hurts me.

imBask

Banned

tell me what you like about Bayley? her 5 moves that she can't execute properly? her boring Eugene-esque personnality? her ATROCIOUS finisher? the terrible entrance with LOLSORANDUMPENGUINOFDOOM wackywavableinflatablearmflailingtubemans?

she's gonna flop SO HARD in the main roster she won't even go to ROH or CZW, she'll go straight to Burger King

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I thought I was supposed to be getting the return of Kane after Summerslam, instead all I got was the old man called Sting.
All of that months long Kane and Rollins build up for nothing, this silly company.

Barrett basically getting dropped to full on jobber status as well, this raw hurts me.

How would you feel about a Stang/Kane feud?

klonere

Banned
tell me what you like about Bayley? her 5 moves that she can't execute properly? her boring Eugene-esque personnality? her ATROCIOUS finisher? the terrible entrance with LOLSORANDUMPENGUINOFDOOM wackywavableinflatablearmflailingtubemans?

she's gonna flop SO HARD in the main roster she won't even go to ROH or CZW, she'll go straight to Burger King

UeF6kBZ.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned

I can't think of many boring wrestlers that can get a standing ovation from nearly 15 thousand people.

klonere

Banned
He's right though all the NXT women are DOA on the main roster if current form is anything to go by.

I pray they get better stuff to work with soon!

Fox318

I hope when Nikki breaks AJ's title reign Vince just comes out and cuts a promo on telling punk to fuck off.

At least be honest as to why they sacrificed the division and angle.

Hell lets look at Nnaomi they had her go heel and do a ton of work only for Nikki to pin her cleanly in a heel vs heel matchup.

Almost nobody likes the bellas, they have been on the roster for a long time and really havn;t improved. The matches are booked like shit like in the PPV match on Sunday. Nobody knew how to catch anyone and it looked scary in a bad way.

Lets even look at the promo on NXT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtSfw_EhVJY

2 women, cutting promos on each other and fighhting because they want the belt and the glory. A focused program that only has 2 people in it.

Meanwhile on Raw you have an entire program created to not make Nikki, Brie, Nnaomi, and Tamina look like fucking scrubs and give them team names like B.A.D and P.C.B.

That shit sucks.

You want to get a revolution started have a fucking torunment with these women with one match per raw with the buildup at a ppv. Take them off smackdown and let people like Nataylia and Emma come in and job in a way that makes the women look good.

Hell you could fucking take Nikki out to build up to a big match for her title.This way Nikki is waiting for a fucking proven challenger and we don't have to see her fucking wrestle.

Here is one at random I created

WOAJj6p.png

That's 2 months of program including a match vs Nikki mostly with people who can work or who have at least worked with somebody else before.

Give them a week to practice and plan the match out before house shows and just hype it up as a big deal for the first time they have had a thing like this.

But here is the thing WWE knows that most of their women can't work.

Could Tamina, Brie, or Naomi even work a competent singles match? Probably not. so they are trying to protect the old wing for being exposed for not being trained at all.

Ithil

1440513576602o5u8i.png

klonere

Banned
Emma was super over and PEOPLE WERE DANCING MAGGLE, that went well

no woman is over on the main roster.

not a single one. Sasha was getting pops last night because of the NXT match.

never ever use the main roster as a barometer of success for female performers in the WWE

Ithil

can't believe Bayley AND Becky are now associated with such a legendary team, disgusting, this is a disgrace to the business. It's pretty much like if Big Show decided to seriously call himself The Nature Boy
Not content with ragging on Bayley, now he's at Becky too

tumblr_nejc044ehv1si9e8j2n.gif

For shame.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Now that I think about it, you give Becky a "cloudcuckoolander that can kick your ass" gimmick and I can see it drawing. Could get a lot of money from the Hot Topic demographic.

I've been trying to get into AJPW for a little while now. I've seen some of the Kings Road stuff, but only really a couple of matches if I'm honest.

But my questions is, where would I watch this stuff? I've only ever found low quality youtube/dailmotion rips.

Top Bottom