• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Sephzilla

I dunno I've seen Naomi do some good stuff in the ring over the past year. In spurts, briefly, but I like her. I'd pick her out of the non-NXT roster to stay if I was cutting people, except I'd also cut Paige and give her theme music to someone else.

I'd keep Naomi over Tamina, Brie Bella, and Summer Rae at least

So who on the main roster other than the 3 brought up from NXT are capable of working a real match? I've heard Paige was good before, I've seen Natty wrestle a pretty good match against Charlotte, other than that I am clueless. It really seems like you've have to send half the division back to developmental if the plan is to move forward with actual women's wrestling. That or make them all valets.

Nikki is capable (doesn't always deliver but definitely can), Natty as you say. Emma can wrestle (her RAW run failed because of shoplifting and them not having any ideas for her other than as Santino's girlfriend). Obviously Bailey. OBVIOUSLY. No matter what nut bars in this thread might be saying. Tamina and Naomi have the physical talent, but either need more time down in NXT or some one on one time with Spanky. Or cutting. I've not seen enough of the new improved Eva yet to know if her hard work is paying off, but I'm glad to see she's working hard and my fingers are crossed. Alexa Bliss has really been shining in her Maria Kanellis role and she showed some in ring potential, but there were some rough spots there too. Hopefully when she steps back into the ring to wrestly she'll be able to run the ropes and organically move between spots. Blue Pants can go, even if she isn't main event level. Carmella... still undecided. Foxy can go and is a blast when they let her (I miss thirsty Fox so much). Dana Brook... I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but she seems to be coming along pretty quickly and I think she's going to be there or there abouts in short time. But she needs to drop that stupid promo voice. And like, look at a camera. Or at least the person interviewing her. But she's getting better at that too.

Paige is on the level of the horsewomen. Nattie for me too, at least when it's a big match given time. Nikki isn't far off and has the personality and look (and you can't argue with some of her moves... they have impact). Like, if we were to compare their in ring abilities to guys, I'd say Nikki is a better worker than Ryback.

Just give us some goddamn stakes. I hope the first mention of team PCB and the belt last night is the first step on the road to having all this talent compete in matches that mean a damn thing.

It's not just a problem with the female side of the roster. Look at the endless Orton / Sheamus feud. Who cares when one wins a match over the other? Or hell, I love Dean and Roman, but since Dean got involved in the Wyatt feud it's pretty pointless. Their match at Summerslam meant nothing, and the commentators pretty much said as much. The rematch last night was only notable for introducing Burly Mountain or whatever he's called.

NXT works because you know what the stakes are even without the belts on the line. Look at the New Day. Do we love them as much if they don't care about the belts and just have endless matches against Los Matadores?

I'll watch Kevin Owens wrestle anyone. But it's way better when winning and losing means something.

One final thought, that promo from Paul last night... is anyone left thinking Undertaker's win means *anything* after that?

Brie is so much worse than her sister it's crazy. Summer... it's really hard to say. They don't seem to let her work and obviously she's in a feud with a non wrestler right now.

Fox318

I liked when everyone came together to kill big show

It was like putting down an old dog.

Dude needs to be off TV and rest his body. He takes all of these crazy bumps for a guy his age and size and nobody gives a shit.

Here is somebody who main evented Wrestlemania and nobody gives a shit. I mean with Kane people got bored of him involved in the main event but people still like the performer and the character.

If Kane came back with a modified mask that liked like his old one but let him breath better he would be the most over guy on the show.

With Big Show I don't think he was really ever over his entire career. I mean even in his debut to win the title at havoc 95 the Yeti was a bigger dude than he was.

Dude needs to be off TV and rest his body. He takes all of these crazy bumps for a guy his age and size and nobody gives a shit.

Here is somebody who main evented Wrestlemania and nobody gives a shit. I mean with Kane people got bored of him involved in the main event but people still like the performer and the character.

If Kane came back with a modified mask that liked like his old one but let him breath better he would be the most over guy on the show.

With Big Show I don't think he was really ever over his entire career. I mean even in his debut to win the title at havoc 95 the Yeti was a bigger dude than he was.

The one time I feel he was legitimately over was when Paul was overseeing him as the ECW champ. Yeah, that says a lot about Heyman being able to minimize people's weaknesses and highlight their strengths, but I loved that run.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You know why that segment really failed last night?

It had fucking Miz in it. He sucks, he has always sucked and he did nothing right to get the segment over.
You're sounding like a Miz-take right now.

Did anyone notice how intense Ryback and Owens were when they were in the ring? It was really really stiff for a moment there, with them trading blows and then the double clothesline.

I kinda want an Owens vs Ryback feud.
I want that and a Rusev/Owens tag team.

Fox318

He got the loudest cheer though when he told them to shut up

and then he tried to get his heat back by screaming "you too" at the crowd.

He fucking sucks. He was getting respect online for some reason because he was cutting a promo on how Big Show was a failure.

Really shooting from the hip there Mike, is paul giving you lessons?

MC Safety

Maybe you go with 10 or 11 women wrestlers in WWE. This seems like a good number, and a fun exercise:

1) The Bellas
2) Natalya Niedhart
3) Naomi
4) Becky Lynch
5) Charlotte
6) Alicia Fox
7) Paige
8) Sasha Banks
9) Emma
10) Summer

Sweep the detritus: Cameron, Rosa Mendes, Tamina

Keep the rest on NXT.

Sting looked in good shape last night. Looked slim.

And that entire segment was good old fashioned wrestling nonsense. Same with the Dudley Boys showing up.

Also Stings reveal and everyones reaction seems ready made for some good GIF editing material.

Even during his feud with Bossman, when he did and said some nefarious shit to Show, they were still pretty pro Bossman. I honestly can't think of a point in history except maybe a point in time early in his WCW career where people genuinely cared about him.

Even when he was on his hands and knees crying for his job to Steph, people were cheering.

If Show wasn't the size he was, he would be long gone.

jmdajr

Sting looked in good shape last night. Looked slim.

And that entire segment was good old fashioned wrestling nonsense. Same with the Dudley Boys showing up.

Seth Rollins can make Stang look good.

I got Tix to Night Of Champions. This is gonna be pretty cool. Maybe not the best wrestling match, but just for the moment.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Even during his feud with Bossman, when he did and said some nefarious shit to Show, they were still pretty pro Bossman.

Thats because the shit Bossman was doing to him was so evil that it became hilarious. I mean stealing someone's dad's casket - not funny. Doing it in the bluesmobile with Big Show riding on it - hilarious. Actually going to his mom and making her admit her son was a bastard? also hilarious. For me its easily Show's most memorable feud.

Seth and Sting will be good. Seth is a great seller and he's come along way and he'll definitely help Sting look good. Not to say Sting ISNT but he's not a young guy anymore. I can safely say it'll be a better affair than HHH/Sting.

Fox318

Even during his feud with Bossman, when he did and said some nefarious shit to Show, they were still pretty pro Bossman. I honestly can't think of a point in history except maybe a point in time early in his WCW career where people genuinely cared about him.

Even when he was on his hands and knees crying for his job to Steph, people were cheering.

If Show wasn't the size he was, he would be long gone.

Even in his early WCW days people came to see Ric and Sting. Nobody gave a shit with Hogan trying to recreate Mania 3.

Honestly if he didn't join the nWo he would have been over like Luger was at the time as somebody fighting the nWo.

Isn't it funny how much action Rollins is getting? He gets to fuck with Cena regularly, had 3 matches against Brock, and is now facing Sting. When's the last time a WWE Champion did that kind of shit?

jmdajr

So what's this rumor about Cena behind the Divas title reign? Is Cena really the one trying to bury AJ?

Anyhow..interesting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So what's this rumor about Cena behind the Divas title reign? Is Cena really the one trying to bury AJ?

Anyhow..interesting.

Poppycock invented by people who don't like John Cena.

The announcers were talking up Nikki's reign vs. AJ's way before the "Revolution" shit even happened.

Anyhow..interesting.

Unsubstantiated rumor from one dubious source says that Cena nixed the plan to have Charlotte win the title immediately. I doubt it's veracity.

jmdajr

From what I heard it's basically bullshit, but that's only my opinion.

Poppycock invented by people who don't like John Cena.

The announcers were talking up Nikki's reign vs. AJ's way before the "Revolution" shit even happened.

I think someone just made that up.

No, it's just some lonely men lashing out at the Bellas for their own sexual failures in high school and beyond.

Unsubstantiated rumor from one dubious source says that Cena nixed the plan to have Charlotte win the title immediately. I doubt it's veracity.

Gotcha.

Sephzilla

Nikki getting the Diva's title reign record is going to be meaningless anyway because after she breaks the record she's going to lose the belt to Charlotte or Sasha and they're going to replace that belt with the Womens Championship, meaning Nikki will have the record for a dead title.

I hope

klonere

Banned
I want that and a Rusev/Owens tag team.

oofff don't tease me baby that sounds like money

Isn't it funny how much action Rollins is getting? He gets to fuck with Cena regularly, had 3 matches against Brock, and is now facing Sting. When's the last time a WWE Champion did that kind of shit?

Seth is getting the push he was meant to get plus whatever extra gas was leftover from Roman's aborted development.

He goin to the MOON

the miz got acting like a middle school teacher over. The crowd went nuts when he said when his hand goes up, your mouths go shut!
there is nothing the man can't do...

...besides be a face 8)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nikki getting the Diva's title reign record is going to be meaningless anyway because after she breaks the record she's going to lose the belt to Charlotte or Sasha and they're going to replace that belt with the Womens Championship, meaning Nikki will have the record for a dead title.

I hope

Unless Total Divas got cancelled

I highly doubt it

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so

while I have this free month

what recent stuff should I go back and watch?

was going to go back and watch Mania at least

which PPVs are worth watching or skipping?

any TV matches worth anything this year?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yakuza 5 dlc news is pretty rad.
The release is coming soon
tumblr_inline_npe07g4O4B1rqin63_400.jpg

Sting shaking Triple H's hand and then coming back to try to steal Rollins title, Undertaker losing fair and square and then coming back and kicking Brock in the dick? I smelll a new Billionaires Club angle boys

Angry Grimace

It makes me laugh how hot and cold people go on Rollins despite him always having been a very talented in-ring and on-mic performer.

so

while I have this free month

what recent stuff should I go back and watch?

was going to go back and watch Mania at least

which PPVs are worth watching or skipping?

any TV matches worth anything this year?

Takeover on Saturday Night was fantastic, and Summer Slam was pretty fun too.

Any RAW or PPV with Cena/Cesaro or Cena/Owens is great too.

It was pretty funny listening to JBL briefly mention AJ

Cole: "Nikki has held the belt for 274 days, longer than everyone but ONE woman."

JBL: *mutters* "Yeah, AJ Lee is the longest reigning champion BUT DON'T FORGET FABULOUS MOOLAH"

I really just want Charlotte, Becky, and Sasha to turn on everyone else and go "fuck this shit, we don't need to be linked to these jobbers. Bayley, get the fuck out here" and form the Four Horsewomen.

I don't mind Paige being paired with Charlotte and Becky, but Sasha has no right to be tied down by those two wastes of space in Tamina and Mrs Uso.

Tamina has always sucked and Mrs Uso has a finisher so stupid it makes Big Show's KO punch look acceptable by comparison. They don't deserve to be paired with THE BOSS.

You know, she has a name. It's Naomi. She's more than who she's married to.

Anyhow..interesting.

All signs point to it being bullshit. Dave was asked about it and essentially said "that'd be the first I've heard of anything like that". He acknowledged that their relationship probably helped the company decide to have her specifically immediately break AJ's record, but Cena isn't actively trying to sabotage anyone.

Top Bottom