• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah, Taker hit everyone square in the head with chairs when he was Big Evil

why do you think that was by far my favorite era

Thinking about it, I think the Undertaker is one of the few (only?) successful gimmicks that the WWE came up with entirely on their own from the beginning.

taker2_zps107dfa01.gif

FUCK THESE JOBBERS!

gifJnHl.gif

8ho.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cause you like people heading onto an early grave?

Tommy Dreamer - Still alive
Undertaker - Still alive
Shawn Michaels - still alive
Terry Funk - still alive
Maven - still alive
Mick Foley - still alive
The Rock - still alive

Tell me about all the unprotected chair shots Warrior and Rude took

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tommy Dreamer - Still alive
Undertaker - Still alive
Shawn Michaels - still alive
Terry Funk - still alive
Maven - still alive
Mick Foley - still alive
The Rock - still alive

Tell me about all the unprotected chair shots Warrior and Rude took

lol "unprotected chair shot"

I'm of the opinion that if you're going to do a chairshot, it's gotta be the face. Put your hands up if you need to.

Anywhere else makes no sense and never gets heat.

dream

I am 100% on board with unprotected chair shots. Maybe it will lead to concussion issues, but, fuck, pro wrestlers are going to have terrible quality of life problems in the long run anyway. The brightest flames burn out fastest.

imBask

Banned
Balor has rocket ship incoming

you mean THE DEMON Balor? Maggle did you know that Balor is a DEMON, when he's in his DEMON form he's unstoppable Maggle! OH LOOK IT'S THE DEMON Balor! He's flying like a DEMON Maggle WOAH! look at this move! the DEMON stomp! HE DID IT MAGGLE, THE DEMON WON WITH HIS DEMON POWERS, THE DEMON!

I really don't need to see anyone get a chair wrapped around their head to enjoy wrestling. I don't find it off putting mind, but a chair shot to the back does just as much for the match for me.

you mean THE DEMON Balor? Maggle did you know that Balor is a DEMON, when he's in his DEMON form he's unstoppable Maggle! OH LOOK IT'S THE DEMON Balor! He's flying like a DEMON Maggle WOAH! look at this move! the DEMON stomp! HE DID IT MAGGLE, THE DEMON WON WITH HIS DEMON POWERS, THE DEMON!

I love JBL on commentary and you all can bite me.

I really don't need to see anyone get a chair wrapped around their head to enjoy wrestling. I don't find it off putting mind, but a chair shot to the back does just as much for the match for me.

I don't really need hardcore elements except in certain feuds either but there's no way a smack on the back looks anywhere near as good as a whack on the head. Even that doesn't look that painful. If they're gonna do chairs, they should just get some specially made out of thin metal. I guess they thought of this?

imBask

Banned
I love JBL on commentary and you all can bite me.

I think he's fine too that's not the point, the point is they'll ruin his gimmick by cranking it to 11, I can do the same with Cole :

OH MYYYY IT'S THE DEMON BALOR! THE DEMON OF NXT, THE DEMON! On special events, the DEMON Balor transforms into a DEMON! waitwaitwaitwait oh no that can't be?! OH MY THE DEMON DDT, PLANTED!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Imagine its the 80s, Larry turns on Bruno and hits him with a chair!..... To the back.

Even a kendo stick leaves a mark. The whole point of getting a chair is that the person using the chair hates the other person so much or is so desperate that they would be a complete savage and use a weapon. But somehow they're going to hit you in the back and not the head?

For a company that cares so much about brain damage, they sure did have Daniel Bryan still doing the diving headbutt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Zach, let's make September 12th WrassleGAF day and go to the DoIt2It show.

WE CAN MEET SCOTT STEINER. This is in Tulsa. Let's DO THIS?!

1gyp11T.png

Fox318

The chair is more about the noise it makes rather than the impact. Maybe designed a gimmick chair that snaps upon impact so you get the sound without the damage.

klonere

Banned

If the DEMON is such a contextless, unexplained gimmick in NXT I can't imagine how terrible it'd be on the main roster.

I wish it was like it is now ("i win now button") but where he could get taken over by it or whatever and lose control, so instead of going for the title at the ladder match he just continues to beat the shit out of KO, does some dumb spot that takes him out and KO wins.

Something.

Anything,

Top Bottom