• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Ithil

Just off the top of my head, two ways I think WWE could improve its image to sponsors would be;

1) Hire an outside firm to do advertising for WWE. The internal marketing team WWE has tends to suck when it comes to marketing their product in a way that makes it look interesting and acceptable. Shit, 2K Games does way better WWE advertising than WWE does and they make kideo games.

2) Better writing. WWE's viewed as low brow entertainment because it's low brow writing that insults the intelligence of the average viewer. I fully believe that you could have a decently written wrestling show and it would help erase some of that low brow stigma.

Well imagine being a regular view of HBO and AMC type shows, and flipping on WWE RAW for the first time, featuring weird, stilted backstage segments where everyone stands shoulder to shoulder in a row, nattering commentary and people talking about "Superstars" and "Divas" in place of "men" and "women".
NXT doesn't have incredible writing by any means, but it does have basic stuff like continuity, character development, etc. Like they'll call back to a previous promo or match, even from a long time ago. It's not hard to keep track of this stuff.

So Rock is rocking.

Varietybaywatch is reporting that the season finale of “Ballers” averaged 1.43 million viewers. This is down from last weeks 1.57 million viewers. The show averaged a gross weekly multi-platform audience of 8.8 million viewers, which is third all-time behind “Sex and the City” and “Hung.” According to Variety, “Ballers” is the most watched comedy on HBO in six years.

hain't seen it but i'm glad rock is legit doing well these days. guy is a machine of hard work, nice to know there's a guy out there enjoying the benefits.

imBask

Banned
bayley and becky ain't horrible what the hell

where the fuck did you come from dude let's work this shit out

Becky was a phony headbanging disgusting boring wrestler who "LIKED METAL SUCH AS KORN AND CREED XDDDDDD" and now she's a "randum steampunk gurl look at me guys XDDDD" she really needs to fuck off and go wrestle for a subway sandwich in some random place

Bayley is literally Eugene but even more boring, her entrance sucks and her finisher is by far the worst in all of WWE

I know how they can fix the current Divas problem, and if someone has said this already my apologies. Take the four horsewomen concept (which would be pretty cool in it's own right) and make Paul Heyman their manager. He can be their advocate, and fake-shoot on how they've been screwed. That would take the mic out of their hands like they did Brock and let the Divas in ring talent shine. It would give the angle some teeth and it keeps Paul on TV during the Brock breaks.

Ithil

Becky was a phony headbanging disgusting boring wrestler who "LIKED METAL SUCH AS KORN AND CREED XDDDDDD" and now she's a "randum steampunk gurl look at me guys XDDDD" she really needs to fuck off and go wrestle for a subway sandwich in some random place

Bayley is literally Eugene but even more boring, her entrance sucks and her finisher is by far the worst in all of WWE

This is both far and away and without a shadow of a doubt, the worst and most contemptible post, in the history of the universe.

'everything that happens? it's the worst version of something kinda comparable fuck everything'

we got a neg head on our hands

becky v sasha ruled, bayley v sasha rule, the fatal four way ruled - and yeah, the common factor in all those matches is sasha but becky and bayley put on a god damn good show in both cases and it was as much them as it was sasha.

your shit is fucked.

jmdajr

Totally unrelated but Xbox Live has surpassed PS Plus, and it was totally opposite for awhile.

Contemplating even renewing my plus membership. At least Xbox Live let's you keep the games. (And soon backwards compatibility too)

PS Plus membership ran out and now can't play shit

end rant

Browny

Banned

I'm struggling to find a suitable response... Becky may need to find a little extra character spark, but she's a fucking awesome wrestler.

The Bayley comment is just... meh.

imBask

Banned
'everything that happens? it's the worst version of something kinda comparable fuck everything'

we got a neg head on our hands

becky v sasha ruled, bayley v sasha rule, the fatal four way ruled - and yeah, the common factor in all those matches is sasha but becky and bayley put on a god damn good show in all cases.

you're shit is fucked.

there's actually 2 common factor in all those matches :
1- Sasha
2- NXT

Women matches mean something in NXT and they're allowed to actually do wrestling moves

Mahonay

Banned
Bayley and Becky are both horrible

the whole divas division is horrible

Sasha is fine but she won't make it, AJ could wrestle a decent match and they ruined her too
Come on son.

AJ did not have the ring ability of any of the three you mentioned. Not that it matters since the main roster stuff is still subpar at the moment.

there's actually 2 common factor in all those matches :
1- Sasha
2- NXT

Women matches mean something in NXT and they're allowed to actually do wrestling moves
Ok now this is true.

Fox318

Just off the top of my head, two ways I think WWE could improve its image to sponsors would be;

1) Hire an outside firm to do advertising for WWE. The internal marketing team WWE has tends to suck when it comes to marketing their product in a way that makes it look interesting and acceptable. Shit, 2K Games does way better WWE advertising than WWE does and they make kideo games.

2) Better writing. WWE's viewed as low brow entertainment because it's low brow writing that insults the intelligence of the average viewer. I fully believe that you could have a decently written wrestling show and it would help erase some of that low brow stigma.

3) More Diverse merchandising.
Part of the issue now is that they really don't make that much merch. They should be making more hats, polo shirts, golf gear. Even if they don't make money if wrestling gets a more respectable look I think people will wear it more often.

4) Tie the brand as being part of a healthy lifestyle.
They should have events where children are outside exercising and they should market the product with workout supplements, equipment, and a sponsorship deal with a gym. They should market on TV that if you want to look and feel great you should workout at a WWE approved gym.

Ithil

3) More Diverse merchandising.
Part of the issue now is that they really don't make that much merch. They should be making more hats, polo shirts, golf gear. Even if they don't make money if wrestling gets a more respectable look I think people will wear it more often.

4) Tie the brand as being part of a healthy lifestyle.
They should have events where children are outside exercising and they should market the product with workout supplements, equipment, and a sponsorship deal with a gym. They should market on TV that if you want to look and feel great you should workout at a WWE approved gym.

They don't make blue pants, for Blue Pants. How is that not the most basic, obvious thing?
It took them forever to make Bray's hat and lantern, and like two years to make Sasha shutter shades like she wears.

90% of what they make are t-shirts with giant ugly designs on the back. What a waste.

Seth Rollins was a phony headbanging disgusting boring wrestler who "LIKED METAL SUCH AS KORN AND CREED XDDDDDD" and now he's a "futur of rasslin look at me Hunter XDDDD" he really needs to fuck off and go wrestle for a subway sandwich in some random place

imBask

Banned
They don't make blue pants, for Blue Pants. How is that not the most basic, obvious thing?
It took them forever to make Bray's hat and lantern, and like two years to make Sasha shutter shades like she wears.

90% of what they make are t-shirts with giant ugly designs on the back. What a waste.

they reallllllyyyy need to stop putting things on the back of shirts

now that's debatable. that's the kinda debate i wanna have.

there's no debate, Sasha is good, Becky is the worst, she will headbang with her dumb steampunk glasses after a nice move and ruin everything she just did

Mahonay

Banned
Seth Rollins was a phony headbanging disgusting boring wrestler who "LIKED METAL SUCH AS KORN AND CREED XDDDDDD" and now he's a "futur of rasslin look at me Hunter XDDDD" he really needs to fuck off and go wrestle for a subway sandwich in some random place
Gotta get that fuck money.

imBask

Banned

But Rollin character evolved, Becky didn't... she went from something dumb to something dumber

and Rollins is an INCREDIBLE wrestler

Ithil

they reallllllyyyy need to stop putting things on the back of shirts

there's no debate, Sasha is good, Becky is the worst, she will headbang with her dumb steampunk glasses after a nice move and ruin everything she just did

BECKY IS A BAD WRESTLER BECAUSE I LIKE METAL AND I DON'T LIKE THAT SHE HEADBANGS ONLY REAL METAL FANS CAN SHAKE THEIR HEAD AROUND

That is what your logic sounds like to me.

But Rollin character evolved, Becky didn't... she went from something dumb to something dumber

and Rollins is an INCREDIBLE wrestler

She didn't evolve, she just changed over time!

Totally unrelated but Xbox Live has surpassed PS Plus, and it was totally opposite for awhile.

Contemplating even renewing my plus membership. At least Xbox Live let's you keep the games. (And soon backwards compatibility too)

end rant

Yeaaaahhh PS+ kind of blew its load and is out of AAA games from the early 2010s...mainly because there aren't games like that made anymore.

But I do have to correct you, you only get to keep 360 games, so beware if you're just using this for xbone. At least there's a good shot the BC games you get will be permanent though.

imbask I dare say you need a month's vacation from wrasslin'~

at a certain point i'm prepared to just respect opinions pal

like uh okay becky's entrance does involve a headbang but she doesn't headbang once through sasha v becky for example so....

in my opinion becky's a really good wrestler, she's shown that, and she's got a good look. all she needs now is a decent gimmick to get over, which is the problem with the entire women's division except sasha who already has the boss gimmick.

Heroman

Banned
Breaking news, At the Madison square garden network special Brock will face
Bo Dallas

Wonder how they going to do it since he is dead.

imBask

Banned
BECKY IS A BAD WRESTLER BECAUSE I LIKE METAL AND I DON'T LIKE THAT SHE HEADBANGS ONLY REAL METAL FANS CAN SHAKE THEIR HEAD AROUND

That is what your logic sounds like to me.

She didn't evolve, she just changed over time!

wrestling is about moves AND looks/attitude/presence, Adam Rose has an awesome spinebuster yet everyone knows he sucks

just like Becky

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Breaking news, At the Madison square garden network special Brock will face
Bo Dallas

Wonder how they going to do it since he is dead.

I hope this is true. This is what I asked for.

I love that WWE can make a squash match into an event.

Heel

end rant

Just wait until real games like Knack and Killzone are released, friend. You will regret your words and deeds.

jmdajr

¡HarlequinPanic!;176599390 said:
Yeaaaahhh PS+ kind of blew its load and is out of AAA games from the early 2010s...mainly because there aren't games like that made anymore.

But I do have to correct you, you only get to keep 360 games, so beware if you're just using this for xbone. At least there's a good shot the BC games you get will be permanent though.

I see. Still a good deal with the compatibility coming soon.

jmdajr

Just wait until real games like Knack and Killzone are released, friend. You will regret your words and deeds.

Lol.

Sad to say I beat Knack from beginning to end, and Killzone was a gift and well..never finished it. Just not compelling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
360 BC is really dope, I can't lie. It's amazing and wonderful. And it was pretty much unexpected - and just happens. That's fantastic. So far the BC games I've played have been really good, and it';s still in beta.

Boy I'd suck someone's dick to get Culdcept Saga BC...

Browny

Banned
Brock doesn't stand a chance. Bo has it in the bag - he BOLIEVES:

ImpureBrilliantHarvestmouse.gif

RIP Bo

Edit: I still want someone to replace the BOLIEVE with WRASSLEGAF...

wrestling is about moves AND looks/attitude/presence, Adam Rose has an awesome spinebuster yet everyone knows he sucks

just like Becky

i gave becky an A in my rankings of the women's division

becky's on the game. she ain't the best, but she's very good.

you're totally wrong from start to finish.

I respect your opnions as a human being.

thefro

I know how they can fix the current Divas problem, and if someone has said this already my apologies. Take the four horsewomen concept (which would be pretty cool in it's own right) and make Paul Heyman their manager. He can be their advocate, and fake-shoot on how they've been screwed. That would take the mic out of their hands like they did Brock and let the Divas in ring talent shine. It would give the angle some teeth and it keeps Paul on TV during the Brock breaks.

1) Actually advance some sort of storyline
2) You don't need to have a 10-15 minute match every week, especially when the Bellas are involved. Save the longer matches for the title matches once you get the belt off Nikki.
3) Drop the "Divas Revolution" branding crap

Right now it's basically like the random cruiserweight tag matches in WCW except the matches aren't nearly as good and there's literally no storyline.

OK, my problems with this entranceway:
CNV6psIW8AA1YBc.jpg

1) PCW bought BritWrestling.com and redirected it to their website.
2) They bought BritWrestling.com, not BritWrestling.co.uk.
3) One side is a banner filled with American (and famous in America/Japan Balor), under the website BritWrestling.com

EDIT: Also the poster for their next show advertises "ACTUAL AMERICAN STARS"
fill

Top Bottom