• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Fox318

Speaking of Brock.
2015-08-24-everyones-a-winner.jpg

Well, at least I like the time keeper drawing.

They should have had Nick Patrick as the time keeper

Bronx-Man

Banned
Becky was a phony headbanging disgusting boring wrestler who "LIKED METAL SUCH AS KORN AND CREED XDDDDDD" and now she's a "randum steampunk gurl look at me guys XDDDD" she really needs to fuck off and go wrestle for a subway sandwich in some random place

Bayley is literally Eugene but even more boring, her entrance sucks and her finisher is by far the worst in all of WWE

Are you sure you're not Corey Graves?

Ithil

This is a joke. Its purpose is to make you laugh. A chicken crosses the road. He is run over. The joke is he is run over. That is the joke.

Thanks for reading Bkawdspot.

jmdajr

Brock is over man.

NFL article on the Texans QB battle.
The exception to this rule comes in those precious five weeks of Hard Knocks each summer. Take the final minutes of Tuesday's episode for instance: Texans coach Bill O'Brien gathers his quarterbacks in a private room and announces that Brian Hoyer has beaten out Ryan Mallett for the starting job in Week 1. In the movies or TV, the announcement would prompt Mallett to jump to his feet, shout expletives at his coach, then drop Hoyer with an F5 for crushing his football dreams and sleeping with his girlfriend.

There is even a youtube link to a Brock F5 on Vince.

Ithil

Here's one thing the WWE either needs to fix or stop doing, those terrible direct to DVD movies. They're always the most dogshit, bottom of the barrel horror or action films. They're never suited to the wrestler they cast in them. Miz the action star? Hornswoggle the horror star?

Why not a buddy cop with Edge and Christian? Or a musical with whatever wrestlers can sing?

jmdajr

Here's one thing the WWE either needs to fix or stop doing, those terrible direct to DVD movies. They're always the most dogshit, bottom of the barrel horror or action films. They're never suited to the wrestler they cast in them. Miz the action star? Hornswoggle the horror star?

Why not a buddy cop with Edge and Christian? Or a musical with whatever wrestlers can sing?

The wrestlers appreciate the time off though.

Mahonay

Banned

Suppossedly it does good money got them. Production costs are pretty low and I guess somehow they are actually able sell their shitty movies.

Brock is over man.

NFL article on the Texans QB battle.

There is even a youtube link to a Brock F5 on Vince.

brock's our worldwide boy.

i'm always looking for the next stone cold type etc but what you've got in brock is something different than stone cold but equally as thrilling. that's why people wanna see stone cold v brock, cos it doesn't matter who wins for once unlike brock v undertaker where taker NEEDS to take that loss. brock could lose to a triple stone cold stunner and i'd be happy as hell.

basically brock rules atm and he is the face of the company and exactly what they need to get over in the mainstream media, and it's working.

Ithil

Suppossedly it does good money got them. Production costs are pretty low and I guess somehow they are actually able sell their shitty movies.

As far as I know they lost money every year from those movies until like 2013 when that one movie got into theaters and did ok.

OctoMan

Banned
Becky is seriously brutal. Glad someone else notices. Divas division just needs to be Natty vs Sasha at this point because unfortunately they're the only two who can put on top matches. Paige and Nikki are okay. They can job to the other two so we can pretend to have a division and feel good about ourselves.

imBask

Banned
Becky is seriously brutal. Glad someone else notices. Divas division just needs to be Natty vs Sasha at this point because unfortunately they're the only two who can put on top matches. Paige and Nikki are okay. They can job to the other two so we can pretend to have a division and feel good about ourselves.

I can't believe I still fall for their "Becky is good" trolling

Ithil

And it didn't matter. WWE knows what they're doing

It pretty heavily cooled him off for the whole of 2013. He got it back with the Streak breaking and retooling him into being unstoppable, but it was completely pointless.
He really should have not lost since he came back at all, so far.

Sephzilla

And it didn't matter. WWE knows what they're doing

I wouldn't say it didn't matter. I think people would have been a lot more receptive to Undertaker losing to Brock had Brock not looked pretty weak going into that fight. Brock had basically no momentum going into WM30 thanks to Cena and HHH.

Mahonay

Banned
what was the raw where paige showed up in some pink princess bullshit

editing a video and need the footage
I think the storyline was that one of the divas stole her ring gear and rather than go out naked she put on that outfit.

I don't remmeber which RAW but Jesus that was stupid.

Marvel

could never
I think the storyline was that one of the divas stole her ring gear and rather than go out naked she put on that outfit.

Yeah, if it was 98 she'd have been in her Bra and Panties.

We were robbed.

yeah i know so i need it for a comedy video that's getting edited right now

can't recall which raw it came from and i'd rather not spent hours looking for it so if anyone can help me out that'd be good

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't say it didn't matter. I think people would have been a lot more receptive to Undertaker losing to Brock had Brock not looked pretty weak going into that fight. Brock had basically no momentum going into WM30 thanks to Cena and HHH.

You of all people need to let the Streak go. It's gone, forever. FOREVER. You will never get it back. It's done. LET IT GO PAL

Sephzilla

You of all people need to let the Streak go. It's gone, forever. FOREVER. You will never get it back. It's done. LET IT GO PAL

You completely missed my point. There would probably be very little "LET IT GO" stuff happening had Brock not looked weak as fuck going into that Taker fight.

klonere

Banned

Bellas stole her ring gear, she went to one of Adam Rose's posse and borrowed that princess outfit.

Divas storylines :D

klonere

Banned
You completely missed my point. There would probably be very little "LET IT GO" stuff happening had Brock not looked weak as fuck going into that Taker fight.

I listened to Alvarez and Meltz talk post WM29 and the idea then was Brock vs Rock but boy were they down on Brock. Bad match with HHH, nothing going on and zero heat for the above idea. So they had to give him what is undoubtedly the biggest prize in the company - beyond the WWE title even.

I listened to Alvarez and Meltz talk post WM29 and the idea then was Brock vs Rock but boy were they down on Brock. Bad match with HHH, nothing going on and zero heat for the above idea. So they had to give him what is undoubtedly the biggest prize in the company - beyond the WWE title even.

And that worked out for the best. Brock breaking the streak and destroying Cena and becoming a dude they can sell house show squashes as big events > losing to HHH.

Yeah brock was floundering when he went up against taker but that pinfall was still amazing television.

an entire arena of like 70k people went completely silent, it was incredible.

And Cena/Brock Extreme Rules is actually one of my favorite matches in the 2010s, outcome and all....so I'm pretty much good with how brock's been used. The time wasted against HHH is really the only black mark, that truly did nothing for anyone

Sephzilla

It absolutely did at the time. Post Cena/Taker, they've rehabbed themselves out of the corner.

Agreed, they ended up doing a good job of rehabbing Lesnar.

I just think that if Lesnar wasn't weak as fuck going into WM30 people would have viewed the end of The Streak as simply Lesnar's coronation as The Beast instead of debating whether or not it should have happened.

Sephzilla

Indeed. The next guy to beat Brock clean is going to be fucking MADE.

They need to have Brock cleanly squash one or two notable opponents again though, in my opinion. (Kofi does not qualify). If they keep doing screwy finishes with Lesnar it's going to tarnish his image a bit. Have him lose after seemingly being at the pinnacle of his invincibility, not after a few other people have already weaseled around him.

Top Bottom