• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

egPAy9M.gif

Austin is the worst...ugh. He's also the guy that got Bill DeMott got.

looks like a bootleg Seth Rollins.

klonere

Banned
They need to have Brock cleanly squash one or two notable opponents again though, in my opinion. (Kofi does not qualify). If they keep doing screwy finishes with Lesnar it's going to tarnish his image a bit. Have him lose after seemingly being at the pinnacle of his invincibility, not after a few other people have already weaseled around him.

So your saying Sheamus feud.

Cos thats what I'm hearing, fellah

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What I meant by it not mattering, having Brock job to Haitch and Cener, is that it didn't kill his character at all and he suffered no long term ill effects. Like a Bray Wyatt loss, it doesn't matter.

imBask

Banned
outside of my heel trolling for a second : the virginia shooting thing is crazy. one of the craziest story i've ever seen, holy crap.

klonere

Banned
outside of my heel trolling for a second : the virginia shooting thing is crazy. one of the craziest story i've ever seen, holy crap.

I had a reporter post a screenshot from the PoV video

I can't deal with that, its just too close, too raw. Goddamnit.

Sephzilla

I'm at the point where I think I would be pretty okay if the US passed a law that straight up denied civilians the right to own guns. And I own a firearm myself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm at the point where I think I would be pretty okay if the US passed a law that straight up denied civilians the right to own guns. And I own a firearm myself.

That wouldn't do any good though.

WrassleGAF is probably not a good place to have this discussion - actually I don't think NeoGAF is either.

Aiii

So not worth it

As an outsider looking in. Yes, absolutely you would.

There is no good reason to arm the populace either, not in 2015 in the Western world.

klonere

Banned
I heel troll a lot

except when I talk about Becky, she's legit the worst

oh you are going to LOVE tonight's NXT special

Becky forgets to kick out of a pin

Actually she was waiting for Charlotte to break it up and she forgot so....

Aiii

So not worth it
it wouldn't completely solve the problem, but it would help. It's way too fucking easy for a crazy to get a gun in this country right now.

It's not gonna solve criminals from owning guns, no.

But it will solve "person snapping, grabbing his gun and going on a shooting spree.", which is what shit like this is.

Most people can't get guns if the only way to get them is through organized crime. And even if they know sort of where to get one, to actually get one is another step entirely.

TheFuzz

So let's say you can book it: Brock has to lose cleanly via pinfall or submission. Who does it? When? How?

My pick: Cesaro at Wrestlemania. But it won't happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock manhandle the roster at the Rumble and going on to Mania, but they need to turn Roman and place the belt on him if they wanna go that way.

Sephzilla

So let's say you can book it: Brock has to lose cleanly via pinfall or submission. Who does it? When? How?

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock manhandle the roster at the Rumble and going on to Mania, but they need to turn Roman and place the belt on him if they wanna go that way.

I would be okay with this because it makes a new star in the process.

How reality will play out is that John Cena will beat Brock Lesnar for the title and to break Flair's record

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Just because I can book it, doesn't mean I should or will. I'd never do it. Not unless there's a heck of a story out there that needs that to happen to help make a bigger star. Lesnar doesn't get pinned.

cesaro is a nice choice in fantasy land but he ain't going to the top in vince's wwe so i don't know who but here are a few

finn
seth
roman
daniel
stone cold

i guess that's it. those are the five guys i'm okay with going clean over lesnar one day.

TheFuzz

They really need to do Cesaro, if only because it's believable he could take Brocks beating and still be strong enough to dish it out. The Heyman connection is a gold mine for material, too. Either that or turn Rollins and make him chase Lesnar as a face.

Balor is my "Vince" pick. Idk how they sell Balor winning clean.

As an outsider looking in. Yes, absolutely you would.

There is no good reason to arm the populace either, not in 2015 in the Western world.

Aiii what is your take on Switzerland guns politics?

As someone that lives in Mexico I would feel a lot safer if guns were legal here. But at the same time the reason narcs are so well armed is because of the illegal guns market between Mexico and the USA. It also does not help that the army and police are really corrupt and sometimes are on the narcs payroll. So if guns are going to be legal there needs to be a big safety and prevention culture, something I do not see the USA having, but Switzerland seems to be different.

I don't see Cesaro getting to Brock level soon enough, so I would like to see a Network televised house show match between the two where they can just go all out.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I wouldn't say it didn't matter. I think people would have been a lot more receptive to Undertaker losing to Brock had Brock not looked pretty weak going into that fight. Brock had basically no momentum going into WM30 thanks to Cena and HHH.

I think part of it was that Vince was a) angry about how Brock left and b) wasn't sure Brock was going to completely stick around. I think once he knew he had a year of Brock; he went with the "Beast Mode Brock" strategy; knowing that it might be one of the bigger chances he had to make a complete new star. Which might actually have been the case with Rollins.

Plus; one of the other long-term effects of Brock beating Taker with no momentum is that it (at least temporarily) has showed a whole generation of fans (and especially smarks) that they can't always assume they know what is going to happen. It basically took predictability and threw it out the window, and did it to a group of fans that believed they knew what was going on all the time. Even now; when there's a logical ending to a given match, we're always a little more unsure now because of Taker / Lesnar.

I listened to Alvarez and Meltz talk post WM29 and the idea then was Brock vs Rock but boy were they down on Brock. Bad match with HHH, nothing going on and zero heat for the above idea. So they had to give him what is undoubtedly the biggest prize in the company - beyond the WWE title even.

Reportedly for WM 31 Vince wanted Brock vs Rock (since Rock still has a title re-match awaiting) and HHH wanted Roman vs Brock (mind you, this being the idea a little after WM 30, when they knew Bryan might be an injury risk and the Shield was mega hot still). I wonder what would have happened had Vince gone with his gut and gone with Rock vs Brock. Assuming minimal changes (Let's say the Shield doesn't break up, probably, since they don't need Roman / Rollins / Ambrose as singles quite yet) - Lesnar runs through everyone as normal, but Rock shows up and wins the Rumble instead of Reigns. Would the backlash to Rock have been as bad as it was towards Reigns?

TheFuzz

I'm telling you, Brock enters Rumble at 1, feed him the roster. All-out squash. It will be glorious. "No one left to beat"... Balor v Brock at WM33. Done. Everybody wins.

Sephzilla

Might as well save it for ziggler's retirement match since he'd damn near kill himself in the process.

lol yeah.

Well Ziggler's got just enough of an arsenal to hit Brock with a few impressive looking moves and Brock could either sell them well (he's an excellent seller) or no sell them and look like a beast. And Ziggler's overselling would make Brock look fucking amazing. Brock would spin Ziggler so hard for the F5 that he could probably spin Ziggler around twice.

Top Bottom